The dead have returned to the Island as THORPE PARK Resort has announced The Year of The Walking Dead, a series of unmissable events throughout the 2018 season from when the theme park re-opens on 23rd March.
Following its debut at 2017’s Fright Nights, the global TV phenomenon that is AMC’s The Walking Dead will return to the Resort for a series of events throughout the season. These will include:
- The Walking Dead Living Nightmare Extreme – The live action maze at its most terrifying available only for May Half Term (25th May – 3rd June)
- Apocalypse Weekends (select weekends in May and June) – Grab your map and brace yourselves as you join the campaign to rid the Island of its zombie infestation and protect the Safe Zone at all costs. Execute your assignment, annihilate the dead and receive an exclusive Apocalypse Weekends pin badge, PLUS a free ticket to return to the park!
- Summer Lates (Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 26th July – 1st September) – Bask in the holiday heat with us every Thursday, Friday and Saturday of summer for a series of vibrant events, including live music, beach parties and riding into the sunset!
- Zombie Hunt (21st July – 3rd September) – An extreme battle for survival in woodland on the outskirts of THORPE PARK Resort for the six weeks of summer
- Fright Nights (5th October – 31st October) – The hugely popular season returns to THORPE PARK Resort with a The Walking Dead theme
However, the Resort are yet to announce the ‘headline attraction’ for their zombie filled year, although many enthusiasts anticipate this will be the re-theme of X, the Resort’s indoor rollercoaster.
In preparation for its new season, the Resort have been going to extreme lengths to ensure their scare actors are up to the task by holding auditions 127 feet off the ground at the top of The Swarm! The wannabe zombies will be required to meet strict ‘scare-factor’ criteria, including being able to frighten guests in any environment, keep in character in any situation, and cope with sudden screams from thrill-seekers. Speaking about the upcoming season, Dominic Jones, THORPE PARK Resort’s Divisional Director said:
“THORPE PARK Resort is known for offering a thrilling day out, so it’s no surprise that we’re launching The Year of The Walking Dead by giving our scare actor hopefuls auditions at height on one of our rollercoasters. We want our guests to be able to immerse themselves in each unmissable experience that we have to offer throughout the 2018 season, and what better way to do this than to have the best team in place?”