Airtime Quote - Future Plans?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

Long time visitor, but first time poster, mainly because I cant believe no-one else has brought this up on this site or any other coaster sites I visit (unless someone can tell me otherwise).

In the latest issue of Airtime there is a brief interview with John Wardley, and the last question they ask him is 'what can we expect next?'

His reply - "Hopefully (and by the time this article is published, I hope definitely) a very unusual and special coaster at a certain park which already contains one ride in particular your members are very fond of."

Now although it doesn't state the park, I assume its a Tusauds, so there's a pretty good chance he's refereing to Nemesis.

So anyone else heard anything or got any ideas?
Anonymous

Interesting!

Can anyone else confirm this is published in Airtime magazine?
smeg_head

I'm guessing he means Stealth. The big clue is 'By the time this article is published' Not that it's special or unusual. (Colussus being the coaster that people are like - it does have 10 inversions after all.) Either that or since the interview the plans have fallen through. We'd have seen signs of activity at the towers if a new coaster was being constructed.
Anonymous

In the latest issue of Airtime magazine! He aint on about Stealth.
smeg_head

[quote=""Ade""]In the latest issue of Airtime magazine! He aint on about Stealth.[/quote]

Who says?
Anonymous

In the latest issue of Airtime there is a brief interview with John Wardley, and the last question they ask him is 'what can we expect next?'
Anonymous

Airtime's aimed at enthusiasts - and there really is only one ride in the country (and one park) he could be talking about. We all know which one that is.

We know from past experience that he loves to keep us all abreast of developments.

On life, he states "There are two types of people. Those who divide people into two types, and those who don't."

A man fond of a bit of ambiguity (but also being totally direct if he can) - is obviously unable to directly say what he means (at this point in time), but (if the quote is genuine) it certainly appears to point at something big.

:)
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Yeah I believe it is true, and its probably safe to say he is referring to Nemesis at Alton. 'Unusual and special' though eh, very interesting! Perhaps it won't be the woodie, as they aren't particularly 'unusual' coasters. B&M 4D? ;)
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Liam

hmmm. . .

It is indeed interesting. . .

I wouldn't have thought he was talking about Stealth though since he says "very unusual" which of course Stealth is not. Having said that, if he was refering to a new alton coaster, we should be getting more signs of this by now.

B&M 4D =P~

Why doesn't Mr.Wardley post on these forums occasionally. Afterall so many people respect him and some of the there are so many good ideas on here that he could expand upon.

I don't know what to think about this one; too many conntradictions to work out exactly what Mr. Wardley is refering to, if anything at all!
teavee

The next major ride that Alton want to install is a Spiderman type ride, which will go where Magic HQ and the staff car parks are. Which is one of the reasons for the 2nd entrance in the Valley, the other reason being that the monorail will clonk out soon and Alton won't pay for a new one.

The woodie is not coming any time soon, if ever.
Anonymous

I understand your scepticism, but surely there must be someone else on here who gets Airtime to confirm what I've said.

Its extremely unlikely he's talking about Stealth, after all its built and there for everyone to see, so no reason to be secretive.

If it is Alton, knowing how long these things sometimes take, it may be a few years away yet, but there's no harm in a bit of friendly speculation.
Anonymous

[quote=""edat2""]The next major ride that Alton want to install is a Spiderman type ride, which will go where Magic HQ and the staff car parks are. Which is one of the reasons for the 2nd entrance in the Valley, the other reason being that the monorail will clonk out soon and Alton won't pay for a new one.

The woodie is not coming any time soon, if ever.[/quote]

None of that is confirmed and not many parks have a second entrance!

This artical refers to a coaster not a sim ride.
Anonymous

[quote=""MIKE M""]I understand your scepticism, but surely there must be someone else on here who gets Airtime to confirm what I've said.

Its extremely unlikely he's talking about Stealth, after all its built and there for everyone to see, so no reason to be secretive.

If it is Alton, knowing how long these things sometimes take, it may be a few years away yet, but there's no harm in a bit of friendly speculation.[/quote]

Agreed. It is in the magazine.
Anonymous

[quote=""Mooky""]Yeah I believe it is true, and its probably safe to say he is referring to Nemesis at Alton. 'Unusual and special' though eh, very interesting! Perhaps it won't be the woodie, as they aren't particularly 'unusual' coasters. B&M 4D? ;)[/quote]

A woodie would definitely be unusual and special for AT, considering that all of their coasters are steel and we know that the woodie would be very special considering it's previously planned length and drop height/depth.

A 4-D coaster would be pointless at AT as the place already has coasters that ride in all the positions 4-Ds have to offer. Air provides a face-down and face-up experience, Nemesis provides a legs-free, upside-down experience, Oblivion provides a vertical experience and Spinball provides the odd backward riding experience.

If it ain't a woodie, then hopefully something we haven't even dreamt about yet.
teavee

[quote=""Ade""][quote=""edat2""]The next major ride that Alton want to install is a Spiderman type ride, which will go where Magic HQ and the staff car parks are. Which is one of the reasons for the 2nd entrance in the Valley, the other reason being that the monorail will clonk out soon and Alton won't pay for a new one.

This artical refers to a coaster not a sim ride.[/quote]

I don't care what the article refers to, all of the above is what I have been told from management, regardless of what has been confirmed or not.
Anonymous

[quote=""edat2""][quote=""Ade""][quote=""edat2""]The next major ride that Alton want to install is a Spiderman type ride, which will go where Magic HQ and the staff car parks are. Which is one of the reasons for the 2nd entrance in the Valley, the other reason being that the monorail will clonk out soon and Alton won't pay for a new one.

This artical refers to a coaster not a sim ride.[/quote]

I don't care what the article refers to, all of the above is what I have been told from management, regardless of what has been confirmed or not.[/quote]

I don't think anyone was discrediting what you said edat2. They were saying that this article referred to a coaster. Of course - there are obviously plans for a flat/dark ride/s. What we're referring to here is something bigger.

Flat rides are great, but will always be (in my eyes) 'supporting rides' and second best to coasters.
teavee

Do you know what a Spiderman type ride is? It isn't a flat ride!

web description: "Review: The name says it all. This is the most amazing ride in Orlando. It is a 3-D movie on wheels. You move through an entire adventure with Spider-man riding on the hood of your car. Very exiting and won't make you sick. When you get off this ride you'll get right back in line."
Anonymous

[quote=""edat2""]Do you know what a Spiderman type ride is? It isn't a flat ride!

web description: "Review: The name says it all. This is the most amazing ride in Orlando. It is a 3-D movie on wheels. You move through an entire adventure with Spider-man riding on the hood of your car. Very exiting and won't make you sick. When you get off this ride you'll get right back in line."[/quote]

Yes, I know what it is.

Look up and open your ears - see and hear that thing whizzing over your head?

It's the sound of the point being missed.

:roll:
Anonymous

[quote=""edat2""]Do you know what a Spiderman type ride is? It isn't a flat ride!

web description: "Review: The name says it all. This is the most amazing ride in Orlando. It is a 3-D movie on wheels. You move through an entire adventure with Spider-man riding on the hood of your car. Very exiting and won't make you sick. When you get off this ride you'll get right back in line."[/quote]

Edat I've ridden it numerous times and it is not a coaster. it's a sim ride, a god dam good one yes! but it's no coaster!