2006 Attractions - what else?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
plasticboy

We know about the definate Charlie and the Chocolater Factory development for next season, but do you think there will be any other new attractions? Possibly a new flat ride for thrillseekers? Has anything yet been confirmed? Or will CATCF be the only new attrction, pretty poor for a theme park the standard of AT, wudnt you say?

DISCUSS. . . . . . . . . .
Ketchup

Erm didn't you just make a topic about this what KC locked?

This is all we know of so far.
http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 547#144547
Tom M

Yes you did, Kaycee even said carry on posting in the other topic!
Anonymous

who says any other attractions will be in Cred St...why cant we discuss other thought other than CATCF in here....or is that just to sensible :?: :!: :?: :!:
Anonymous

We know about the definate Charlie and the Chocolater Factory development for next season, but do you think there will be any other new attractions? Possibly a new flat ride for thrillseekers? Has anything yet been confirmed? Or will CATCF be the only new attrction, pretty poor for a theme park the standard of AT, wudnt you say?

DISCUSS. . . . . . . . . .
Why is that poor? You have to remember this is a family park, and Alton need to build rides to sustain every audience.

I think you're underestimating CATCF anyway. This is a huge investment and should be astounding!

:firbounce:
Anonymous

I agree......I cant wait for CATCF..... i dont agree with you saying its not poor though. I think Alton needs more flats, and there idea of a familty park could send thrillseekers elsewhere
Anonymous

When a park buy's a flat they splash, what, £1 mill? £1 mill for a minor attraction. This is a minor attraction for... hello, £4.5 mill. You really need to look into things a bit further me thinks :)

:firebounce:
Anonymous

I think not..........im not arguing that CATCF is not gonna be huge, its the rest....

Ripsaw is breaking and Submisison is rubbish, Enterprise you can ride at most fairs....we need more flats, more exciting rides. See my point now?
Anonymous

I understand Alton don't have alot of flats but you have to keep in mind money is needed! They can't just splash £6 mill in a very minor year can they!

Anonymous

Actually they can afford it now....i just have a love for AT, over the years its been so Magical, given me so many goods memories, i dont want to see it decline. I want huge investment to bring it back to what it once was.

5d, 3/4 GOOD flats, 2/3 familty attractions (I.E. CATCF style!) 2/3 new coasters new hotels new resort ideas everything!
Anonymous

Chill out Dude.

No they can't afford to spend money like it grows on trees. They have to stick to a bugdet. Plus they have to save for this collossul "Project:Dolphin" that is to turn them into a world class resort, and going to cost heaps.

So, for now a bug budget overhaul of a family ride for probably the UK's best family ride, while Thorpe gets a year of glory.

plasticboy

I just feel that with no new thrillseeker rides, AT might lose some of what is the majority of the parks visitors...thrillseekers! Surely AT can see that their flats are outdated, and that almost every other UK park has flats far superior to AT's. I was hoping to see a good flat ride this year, and i will disapointed if a dont
CATCF is a good investment in my opinion, but only with another high thrill attraction. You can just imagine at the main entrance, with signs saying that 'this years new ride is CATCF'. I feel many people with simply be saying......'is that it'?
evil cod

so thrill seekers are going to stop going just because there isnt a new thrillride every year???? I think not! when you go to AT do you only go for the new ride? Or do you go for Nemesis, Air, Oblivion and all the other greats hmm yeah thought you might.

Thrill seekers have had their fun this year with the addition of Rita, now its time for familys to have their turn.

Themeparks (even ones of ATs size) Simply cannot afford to install loads of new rides every year, in their budget they can install afew not great rides or 1 fantastic ride even if it isnt for thrill seekers. I think we can all agree 1 good ride that will netertain people for years is a better investment than a couple of average rides that will need replacing in a couple of years time!
Ryan

Cariba Creek is currently planning to build a new slide for 2006 that's a new ride.
I think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is good enough for one year. It’s going to be more than just a refurbishment it’s going to be like a new ride.

People should not be so selfish and want things the way they would like, Alton Towers has just had a new ride which is now classed as the best Alton Towers ride ever they don’t really need a new thrill ride for a couple of years with the hit of Rita.
They need to focus more of the children market and I think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will be a massive hit on both the children and adult market.

:)
Anonymous

Finally, people agree with me [-o<

It seems like Alton are getting the nessacities out of the way. You can't honestly say that Alton's family aspect's are better than the that of the thrill rides, and therefore they are vastly updating what is the park's top, yet extremely poor, family rides.

And yes, also we have the huge new Slide. Oh, and don't forget the Dune Buggies. I'd much rather prefer all of this than a flat! Prehaps that will come next year, nobody knows, but let's just be thankful of what we are getting... because for a non major year, we're getting a hell of a lot of things!!!

I for one can't wait for the one of the best slides in Britian, a Dune Buggy track (wow!!!), and without a doubt Britians best family ride that looks to give such Disneyland rides a run for their money.

Ryan

[quote=""Burn.e""]Finally, people agree with me [-o< [/quote]
I wasn’t agreeing with you, it’s just that the point of view is the same. I did not even read any of your posts before I posted that. :P :P

I’m really looking forward to the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ‘adventure’ as it’s probably going to end up being one of the most ‘magical’ rides in the park. I do agree that Alton Towers do need a new thrill ride but not just yet.

Anonymous

Well, having the same opinion is agreeing with mine. So There :P

Altno definatley need a new flat ride because that have not one decent one, but you can't say they aren't doing good in the thrill side of things.

Ryan

Well, having the same opinion is agreeing with mine. So There :P
The way you’re saying is as if the opinion originated from you. :roll:

Alton towers have been focusing on the UG Land and Cred st area of the park, as most of you know if you went to that area any time last year there would hardly be any people there. As all the ride around that area are getting old, but now since Rita has opened UG Land is becoming one of the most popular areas of the park leaving Cred st virtually empty! So Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is defiantly going to pull crowds in from the younger generation to that area of the park. I think we might be seeing a few more rides to come in the Cred st area of the park to pull some of the thrill seekers.

Anonymous

Look alton are loosing the battle to Thorpe's we need major major investment in everytype of ride. agreed?
Anonymous

What are you on about.

What battle. They are run by the same company and it's no secret Alton Towers is the UK's #1 Theme Park, and looks to stay that way even if Thorpe develope more thrill's (as they are a thrill park).

We are having a major investment any time soon. Have you ever heard of Project: Dolphin. This looks to be a huuuuge investment, to make the park world reknown. Let's look at the Disneyland's. They some of the world's best park's, and family ride's out-do thrill's there.

Stop being so selfish and have some consideration that Alton need to install family rides also. And of course people won't go if they don't install thrill's every year. Their target audience is families, and adding another family ride will increase visitor's.

The way you’re saying is as if the opinion originated from you.

By saying what I said I was actually refering to evil cod anyway.