Why not put in a flattie section

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
themadman26

Where BH is why not put a load of flatties there instead of a gaping hole ? therefore giving the enthusiats another ride

Edited for smiley control and also spelling and more text
Last edited by themadman26 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
Xx Rita xX
Location: In front of my computer, though I wish I was on AIR !

Because it'd look extremly chavvy and like a fair. This IS Alton Towers were on about, not Blackpool Chavvy Beach :wink:
Anonymous

not a fan of BPB then XxritaxX then :P
Xx Rita xX

I'm a theme park man. Not a Amusment/Fair/Chav park fan at all :!:

I think they should put SW7 (noting that they will prob keep woody as SW6 even if SW7 is built before it) in BH's place, but with the damn Ropers still alive this will prob not happen.

We should all plan a trip to Mrs and Mr Ropers house *gets gun* :twisted:
Anonymous

What? Why would a bunch of flat rides look chavy. Its not like Tussauds would dump a few rides in bought from a local fun fair. They would theme them to suit there area, like Submission looks the part so your arguement is completely flawed.
Xx Rita xX

You don't think having a bunch of flat, themed or not, crapped into 1 space :!:

Ooooooooookey :?: :|
Ketchup

You find coasters at amusements parks. Technically your saying Top Thrill Dragster, Millenium Force and Raptor (B&M inverter) are Chav rides just because there in an amusement park (Cedar Point), and out of curiosite how is an amusement park "chavvy" or are you stereotyping PBP.
Anonymous

[quote=""Xx Rita xX""]You don't think having a bunch of flat, themed or not, crapped into 1 space :!:

Ooooooooookey :?: :|[/quote]

Nope.
smeg_head

[quote=""Xx Rita xX""]
We should all plan a trip to Mrs and Mr Ropers house *gets gun* :twisted:[/quote]

I don't think this sort of attitude should be tolerated when discussing the Ropers, they are just as entitled to live a peaceful life in their own home without being bothered by noise from a theme park as anyone else. Yes we all support Alton Towers and I don't want to see AT negetively effected by the reults of their court battle but I do think you should try and picture things from their point of view before making threats on their lives. You are giving this forum a bad image by encouraging such sweeping statements.

Also by your definition half of Thorpe Park is a 'chavvy funfair'. I think the flats there provide and excellent contrast to rides such as Colossus and Inferno - a contrast that Alton completely lacks.
Bailey

i do agree with you there smeg_head. Alton Lacks Flats :evil:
Anonymous

one thing is for sure - xsector line up cannot remain Oblivion, Enterprise and Submission alone for long, i think oblivion will feel the pressure this season! Many people would get down to the black hole entrance and would opt to ride this before oblivion- but now oblivion will have to take all thrill seekers in the area!

So 2006/2007 has to bring about changes in the area in the form of a high capacity attraction, whether that replace the black hole or another attraction in the area.
phillipvass

Flat rides are needed, I think we may see some for both Ug Land and X Sector in the coming years :)
martyn maloney

I agree with you there phillipvass, they do need more flats but also, if what 2006+ has been telling us about ME then maybe more flats will be going in there
I now have an annual pass for AT and all other Tussauds attractions at long last

At visits this year :5
planned :7
liam2063

[quote=""Xx Rita xX""]Because it'd look extremly chavvy and like a fair. This IS Alton Towers were on about, not Blackpool Chavvy Beach :wink:[/quote]

You only need to worry about this if they start giving names like 'Bling' lol

If Alton suddenly placed a few new flats in. All the chavs of Britain aren't gonna be thinking ohhhhh thats one of them new chav rides we will goto Alton Towers lol
Ron_Mc_Don

[quote=""Xx Rita xX""]You don't think having a bunch of flat, themed or not, crapped into 1 space :!:

I have 2 words for you

Thorpe park
themadman26

Katanga canyon needs more rides though just two makes it look bare maybe a retheme might be good caus the old mine train is looking okay but not that good
themadman26

Sorry to double post but Flat rides should be included and newer instead of older then me rides like Dynamo :D
Anonymous

[quote=""Ron_Mc_Don""][quote=""Xx Rita xX""]You don't think having a bunch of flat, themed or not, crapped into 1 space :!:

I have 2 words for you

Thorpe park[/quote]

My point exactly. Awful :P

I just think it'd look awful to have multiple flats all squashed into one little area of X Sector. I always praise Alton for having their rides positioned perfectly, but that'd just totally wreck that.

I think they should have one flat in BH's place, and not just any one, a really revelutionary flat with special effects and the whole package.
Ian

[quote=""smeg_head""][quote=""Xx Rita xX""]
We should all plan a trip to Mrs and Mr Ropers house *gets gun* :twisted:[/quote]

I don't think this sort of attitude should be tolerated when discussing the Ropers, they are just as entitled to live a peaceful life in their own home without being bothered by noise from a theme park as anyone else. Yes we all support Alton Towers and I don't want to see AT negetively effected by the reults of their court battle but I do think you should try and picture things from their point of view before making threats on their lives. You are giving this forum a bad image by encouraging such sweeping statements.

Also by your definition half of Thorpe Park is a 'chavvy funfair'. I think the flats there provide and excellent contrast to rides such as Colossus and Inferno - a contrast that Alton completely lacks.[/quote]

Yes I agree Smeg, grow up xxRitaxx, those type of comments are NOT welcome on TTF. :roll:
buggy

[quote=""Xx Rita xX""]I'm a theme park man. Not a Amusment/Fair/Chav park fan at all :!:

I think they should put SW7 (noting that they will prob keep woody as SW6 even if SW7 is built before it) in BH's place, but with the damn Ropers still alive this will prob not happen.

Gees, not everything to do with amusement parks or fun fairs has something to do with chavs, dont be so damn stuck up.