Duel-New Effects ?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
doom+sons1988

I just thinking that maybe AT have inculded any new effects for Duel this year. I remember that the Haunted House always kept getting new monsters and various effects, do you think we'll see anything new this year and what do you think ?
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
smeg_head

I personally don't remember anything ever being added to the HH - can anyone enlighten me? I agree though that new effects and scares being added to Duel annually is a must - it would raise the re-ride value by a considerable amount.
doom+sons1988

Well a few things were added to The Haunted House through it's lifetime before duel. First was the witch this came 1994 and those zombies which see on the old photographs. Then up to 2000 we kept getting skeletons popping all over the place and Skeleton Bob had a change of clothes. 2000 was a minor refurbishment but not as drastic as Duel by Farmer Studios (i think, I may be wrong) were they added that infamous tear away face and the annoying Ghost Host voice.

I was just suggesting if AT has maybe put in a few suprizes to keep us coming in for more and making it just a bit scary.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Adam

i agree i think at should add loads of new stuff all the time to keep us coming back and keep us interested! :D :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
2006+ Planning Worker

Well nothing has been done at the moment just a lick of paint to be honest, but i'll keep you posted if anything does happen.
Northern_Rider

I wasn't a fan of duel, yeah the shooting part was a laugh but it moved my concentration away from all the skeletons, ghosts etc..

They should take it all out and re-do the ride, theme it like a proper house and build up the tension and suspense instead of having funny looking freaks jump out at you.
Anonymous

I agree with you there.

In my opinion, the haunted house still rules I'm not saying that duel is crap because it isn't! Revamping the haunted house has partley been a good thing, but also a bad thing.

For the posative side, The ride has become slightley more popular, and the sound track is fantastic!

For the negative part, all the tention and suspence has all vanished with the introduction of these blasters and targets, which means as a resault that people arn't interested in the scenery, ttthere just looking for the target lights that are not only on the creatures, but on the walls aswell, which makes it sound like their shooting the interia of the building, not just the zombies and other spooks.

No i think The shooting thing is a bit of a distraction and should be removed.

Please don't throw abuse at me, i'm just putting my views forward!

PS, i think the story line should stay though, it sums it up nicely!
doom+sons1988

To be honest somethings have made me jump in Duel. I nearly had a heart attack when a torso of a zombie came flying out near the giant spider. I would love to see time slots for Duel. At certain times the guns are taken off and all LEDs are turned off. Maybe even the old soundtrack comes back on.

They could call it Haunted House Classic, it would be running from opening time to about 10:30am and then reopens 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
2006+ Planning Worker

Okay listen up, I have been told today that there won't be any major new effects for Duel this year, that tombstones idea someone mentioned hasn't been ignored and is been looked into. Regarding any new theming, there will be one new monster I believe, and will look like Frankenstein's Monster with about 5 targets to shoot at. There is a new ride music track being recorded but the old one will be used for the first 3 months. Apart from those few things its all the same as last year.
jpecool

sounds pretty good, although i have only ridden Duel twice, as now i find it quite boring and it hurts me hands cos i have small hands and the guns are to big. lol. Anyway gloomy wood is just a passageway to forbidden valley for me :)

It would be interesting to see some new monsters in Duel, i might ride it again, and having just 1 new monster isnt a bad thing, anything new is good for me, unless its a pay per ride attraction :lol:

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Ant

Why a new sound track whats up with the one now :? . If there is anything that should be added to Duel it should be the old haunted house pictures theay used to scare me.
Adam

[quote=""2006+ Planning Worker""]Okay listen up, I have been told today that there won't be any major new effects for Duel this year, that tombstones idea someone mentioned hasn't been ignored and is been looked into. Regarding any new theming, there will be one new monster I believe, and will look like Frankenstein's Monster with about 5 targets to shoot at. There is a new ride music track being recorded but the old one will be used for the first 3 months. Apart from those few things its all the same as last year.[/quote]

is this new music gonna be the main soundtrack? and tell us more about this monster please!! will it be an anamatronic?
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Anonymous

which part is the new sound track going to be in, the interia, or the exteria? and could you give us any hints as where to look for the new monster? Will there be any old monsters going?

Oh and 1 other thing, in 2001, the final 2 scenes of the haunted house had their individule sound tracks replaced by the entrance hall track. May i ask what was the reason?
doom+sons1988

Duel-Frankeinstein's Monster

The new creature for Duel is going to be this delightful fella. It's most likely he's going to be put in the last segment of the ride. From what I've gathered from HorrorDome.com( the main seller of Duel's zombies), Alton Towers have purchased this creature about a month ago. What this monster does is sit on a table and when a sensor picks up a incoming car will start up the animintronic.
HIGH VOLTAGE !

BOO !

My guess is that maybe Alton Towers are improving the last scene of Duel after probably realising that it wasn't that good. Maybe this new soundtrack is for that last part of the ride.

DOOM + SONS OUT
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
TenZero

Wow That monster duz look pretty good, the top piccy luks great but the 2nd one isnt so good. www.horrordome.com doesnt work btw.
N2O

i love the ghosts that shout something like "YEAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Mick Collier
Jay12

Jesus the Duel could be absoutly wicked if they used half the stuff on that site. :tears:
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
evil cod

I know ive just spent the last hour on it its amazing
doom+sons1988

http://www.thehorrordome.com/HDSHOPPING ... rLARGE.htm

This really should be in Duel. It looks amazing.

Most of the zombies that were used in Duel were from Horror Dome.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"