Big Apple Coaster, Still At Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Adz
Admin
Admin

I can reveal that the Big Apple coaster is indeed still at Alton Towers!

i even have a photo (taken from TT ariel photos) i have enlarged and here it is:

It appears to be fully set up as well.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/maps/ariel/above03.jpg

It was taken from the above link //.

Now why would Alton Towers keep a coaster and not use it? certainly noise wouldnt be an issue with such a small thing like that?
Anonymous

[quote=""At Tp Mad""]Now why would Alton Towers keep a coaster and not use it? certainly noise wouldnt be an issue with such a small thing like that?[/quote]

You're joking. The loop within the giant apple made the kiddies scream so loud, they could be heard in Uttoxeter. :google:
Anonymous

That was my first coaster that was. Scared me skit-less at the time ;-)
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

what's that ride next to it which apears also to be set up :?: (the first time i wentwas in 98)

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Adz
Admin
Admin

i guess that would be a building.
Ron_Mc_Don

[quote=""Shockadelica""]You're joking. The loop within the giant apple made the kiddies scream so loud, they could be heard in Uttoxeter. :google:[/quote]

Loop what loop ?

http://www.rcdb.com/installationdetail2457.htm

Also when was that pic taken because if it was taken a few years ago, then the coaster could of been taken away by now.
Anonymous

[quote=""Ron_Mc_Don""]

Loop what loop ?

[/quote]
S'okay, I was being silly.
Ron_Mc_Don

I used to love that coaster it was always fun. If it is still their then it should be used.
spinwhizzer

I cant make it out in that pic??? :lol:
Storm

talkin of old rides on the way back to the car i saw dynamo cars on there base in a locked (trust me) fenced up section with a few other old rides and monorail.
Ron_Mc_Don

Their is a pic of Dynamo taken by Adam on this topic http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewt ... 4&start=40
Uncle_Adolph

Now you've made me want to search all the birds-eye view pics!

-Ben
air_head

The apple coaster was my first coaster too! when I went to the towers again after years of not goin, I couldnt believe that they had taken it out. I think that its a much better ride for the kids than the beastie
Cosmo

I loved the apple coaster when I was little. Strange, it looks sad and alone. :(
Anonymous

Their Using It For Spares, so ive been told!:/ Apparantly it was meant to be traded over to chessington in 1998 but i have'nt got a clue why it was'nt:/ it does seem a bit weird maybe they should pull out the beastie use that for spares, get the apple up and running and stick that in adventure land! it's a much better coaster!
Emmaly

I can confirm that the Mini Apple is not at Alton Towers any more.

I checked myself, there is an open area there which seems to be used as a car park.
bohoboy

but in the last years of its life at the towers the mini apple coaster was located on the spot of land (in the ariel photo) next to the theatre and infront of (photowise) the cadbury house.
Adz
Admin
Admin

I can confirm that the Mini Apple is not at Alton Towers any more
I have been told otherwise by various members of staff.
I checked myself, there is an open area there which seems to be used as a car park.
as in checked do you mean actually went to this location? becuase the above isnt true so either your telling porkies or someone has given you incorrect information.
Emmaly

[quote=""Adam_""]
I can confirm that the Mini Apple is not at Alton Towers any more
as in checked do you mean actually went to this location? becuase the above isnt true so either your telling porkies or someone has given you incorrect information.[/quote]As in I went and had a look, yes.
fat cat

Is it possible that these members of staff have not been told that management have had the beastie removed?