Tv alert! Channel 5 8:00

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Nemair

8.00pm Ultimate Thrill Rides Documentary showcasing some of the fastest, scariest and most technologically advanced amusement park rides in operation today, revealing just how far their designers will go to feed the public's insatiable appetite for ever more extreme adrenaline-fuelled thrills. Among the rides featured in the programme are Alton Towers' Oblivion, Skyswat at Astroworld, Texas, and the Top Thrill Dragster in Cedar Point, Ohio — which currently holds the world record for height and speed

I think it's a repeat> just to let first viewers know.
Lozza

ooo thank you, sounds liek a good programme. don't know if i've seen it before but all he names of the shows sound the same! do you know if it has any other uk rides?

(off topic) oo just noticed that your from lincs, same as me- the chances of that!(off topic)
:D
mattarv

Great didnt notice that was on, thanks for the point out. :D
james0507

ive watched it twice before it quite good i saw it in TV ,ag today anyway thanks for remindin me!
Philman

Yeh, the series was on Coaster Force but the links dont work anymore :)

Phil
What a fad.
Kaz

I'v seen it a million times before on Discovery.
Anonymous

I saw that twice! It was on before on Five ages ago. But it was pretty good! YAY OBLIVION!
TenZero

Sky Three 01st March (Today)

Greatest Thrill Rides 8pm - 9pm

Matt
liam14

I saw the Ultimate Thrill rides documentary and what was it on about when it was talking about The Oblivion it said that it had a twist underground. ( It doesnt )?!? :lol:
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14
AstroDan

It said 'Oblivion then spins you' - i think they are referring to the bend after the tunnel to be honest; although it is a bit misleading.
CGM

I'm sure that they were wrong about the inside rails on X being the controll rails. you only have to look at it to see that the train has it's more substantial looking rolling gear on the inside and the controll looking rails and rolling gear on the outside
Lozza

i watched it the other day and it was really good, even my parents watched it :shock: but getting my dad to watch the rides at cedar point gets me just one step closer to my dream trip!
sorry i couldn't get what you were meaning. as far as i know, x has the normal outside rails like any other coaster but the inside one control the whole mechanism to move the seats, something like when they are a certain distance apart it goes into a certain position :D
edit: for some reason i just got what you were saying, i see what you are getting at but i'm sure i've heard somewhere before about the distance or something like that controlling which position the seats go in
:D
liam14

Yes the inside rail on X is used to controll the cars trust me on this one ok dude! :P

Philman

http://www.rcdb.com/ig750.htm?picture=25

You can see it here. Although the wheels are bigger on the inside rails, they also have all the mechanisms there that spin the cars.

Phil :)
What a fad.
CGM

Ah yes, they were right then. it's suprising that the train can run on such small rolling gear. Did you notice that the person they talked to about X was from S&S and not Arrow? they also sort of dodged around the fact that the ride is pulling itself to pieces
nancarrow

The outside rails controls the mechanism that spins the cars and the main car runs on the central yellow rails. The program was completely wrong.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig750.htm?picture=9
liam14

Sorry to upset you dude but your wrong its the other way around it is controlled by the yellow rails and runs mainly on the outer wheels! :lol:

Anonymous

I saw a program on sky travel which talked about X. They went through how it works and they said the inside rails run the train and the outside rails are what helps spin the cars.
Philman

Can you not see in the picture i posted above how the inside wheels have all the mechanisms to rotate the cars! Why would any normal coaster train need all that excess bulk on its wheels!

Phil :)
What a fad.
$t£v£

No if you look in the picture the out side rails controll the rotation.
As the train travels along the outside rails move up and down puling and pushing the wheels up and down.
On the wheel assembly there is a ratchet that is attached to the seats and makes them spin as they move up and down.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.