Safety On Coasters

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Skumfidus

HA! found a brill flash animation (the audio is the best)

http://www.themeparkreview.com/safety.htm

Enjoy!
Dr Pop Rocket

Yer I love ACE humour,

Just click the link below then scroll down and look at the right hand side of the screen until you see the NEW YORK NEW YORK MANHATTEN EXPRESS video. The video is just wet yourself funny.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/video.htm
Anonymous

Nice vid there. Ha ha, take on bricks :lol:. And the sound effects: 'ow' and 'woopee' :P Nice find
themeparkfreak

haha, love the animation there brokenhome, good find!
Anonymous

i love it! seen it ages ago but gets better evey time!
james0507

lol thats funny the saounds effects are really funny!
liam14

Out of all of the funny coaster vids the saftey of coaster one I saw AGES ago and it was ok the first time but didnt really like it. I also have downloaded all of the vids to my PC from that site ages ago, so is the Mahnhatan express 1 where they swear their heads off because the ride is REALLY bumpy ? :P :lol: :P
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14
Will

great find-really funny. love the sound effects! :lol: :D :P
Anonymous

On a coaster (with OHR), you look at the belt on the chain hill and do you ever get the urge to undo it? I sometimes am sitting there thinking, hmm, shall i leave it or undo it. I know, nothing would happen if i did but still, sometimes its tempting :P.

Does anyone else get this sometimes?
james0507

yeh all the time its perfectly normal! well it isnt but.
$t£v£

I know, nothing would happen if i did
Youd be surprised. I once undid mine ad the ride stopped. And a ride attendant came running up the lift hill and told me to put it back on.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.
Tom M

The belt is actually there to stop you slipping out the bottom of the restraints.
Anonymous

The belt is actually there to stop you slipping out the bottom of the restraints.
Thats rubbish because kumba at BGT never use to have them, it dose now but never use to.
Rory

[quote=""Töm""]The belt is actually there to stop you slipping out the bottom of the restraints.[/quote]

I dont think thats quite true. They are there for the worst case scenario of the restraints failing (i dont know how, but just in case) and also to distribute the force of your body on the restraint, to take less strain off the locking system if you are a bigger person.
sammie04

Yes I have had an urge to undo the belt a few times. Just something to do when going up the chain hill :lol: .
Anonymous

i was younger at the time but, i can persificuly remember not cliping a belt (sorry about my spelling i am dyslexic)
liam14

It is just a secondary restraint if the poverhead bars fail. ( unlikely )! :lol:
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14
Beaver Dude

I never have the urge to undo it on the lift (even though I have had the urge to open plane doors and jump off buildings these weren't overpowering urges mind you.) It's actually fairly normal a lot of people get these feelings (judging by the amount of replies in this topic.) I always undo my belt on the break run though.
Anonymous

[quote=""Beaver Dude""] I always undo my belt on the break run though.[/quote]

Yeah ditto. On Oblivion i start fiddling with the belt 'cos your waiting quite a while until the car moves into the station :P.
$t£v£

I always undo my belt on the break run though.
I do that and i love how when you do it you can just relax and it open its self so you dont have to pust it :D .
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.