The 4D Coaster Is Back!

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Kaz

Neither Fuji-Q Highland or S&S Power have officially announced that this ride will be of "4th Dimension" design. Based on pictures taken at the site, comments made by the park and facts known in the industry, the probability of this being anything but an 4th Dimension coaster by S&S Power has become remarkably remote.
http://www.rcdb.com/id3254.htm

With a bit of luck we will start to see alot more 4D coasters after this one is built.

Thorpe park 2008 anyone?

Your views!
Williscroft

Ooooo sounds exciting, i was looking at those pictures the other week and because it was in Japanies didnt bother taking any notice lol and didnt read the facts about it. Hope the UK gets one soon as they look amazingly fun coasters :D
Kaz

I wonder what changes S&S have made the the 4D idea. Could see a new style of track.
srw985

sound cool - hopefully a better themed version than X.
Chester City Football Club
SW-Dave

Colour scheme at least! I imagine we'll see a more girdered structure, with larger rails after the structural problems X has had.
themeparkfreak

I have always wanted to ride a 4D coaster more than anything else, and was wondering when they'd make another one. Cant be too long before UK parks start wanting one now!
Kaz

They are not a good as they look. Trust me.
Tom_Skeleton

Wow that looks good, I think that a 4D Coaster would look good with proper theming and a good name. I think also that many people will also come off a bit battered as from what I saw with X

:D
Kaz

I have been on X many times and I just find it too fast and rough.
$t£v£

I have been on X many times and I just find it too fast and rough.
do you think B&M wil design one although i cant see it they like to stick to their own ideas.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.
Anonymous

IMO i don't think a 4D coaster would suit AT because it seems too modern :-?. I think it would be good but AT should focus more on bringing back the magic. Seems about time that other parks start to get some of this type though. I look forward to seeing some videos or something when the coaster has been constructed; see how it rivals X.
Anonymous

[quote=""Kaz""]I have been on X many times and I just find it too fast and rough.[/quote]

Your opinion.

I thought X was absoloutley astounding, pure adrenaline and the most crazy experience ever! One minutre your admiring a nice view of SFMM, then your looking down a 200ft vertical drop. Madness!

Can't wait to see how the 4D has developed. I think it's a great idea that didn't show it's full potential. X is great, but with 4D could be so much better.
Anonymous

[quote=""danzaman123""]IMO i don't think a 4D coaster would suit AT because it seems too modern :-?[/quote]

So what were Nemesis, Oblivion and Air at their times of opening if not very, very modern? ;)
Williscroft

Yer good point Kaycee, air is still probably one of the most medern coasters in the world and Alton Towers were the first to open a flying coaster. I think it would be the sort of coaster Alton Towers would go for as if you look at their current coaster line up they try to offer extremely different experiences each time, inverted, flying, spinning,vertical drop and launch. A 4d coaster is probably the next sort of big attraction the park would be after, along with a woodie of course :D
Phil

[quote=""Kaycee-TTF""][quote=""danzaman123""]IMO i don't think a 4D coaster would suit AT because it seems too modern :-?[/quote]

So what were Nemesis, Oblivion and Air at their times of opening if not very, very modern? ;)[/quote]

Add crokscrew and thunderlooper to the list!

All remarkable acheivements for a British Theme Park when they opened!
Anonymous

I came across wrong i think. What i meant to say is that it would need to be themed to look right, and to look right in wherever it would be put. Nemesis has the right colour. Air does not not suit FV. Oblivion suits X-S and then Rita does not suit UGL. If AT were to get a 4D then AT would need to make sure that it is in the right area with the right colour track and theming. Air is a classic example, put a terrific world's first coaster with out any theming and the wrong colour track (IMO) next to one of the world's best and best themed coasters. Wouldn't want this to happen with a 4D.
With the right theming and track colour i think it probably would actually suit AT; and would'nt look too modern (sorry that i gave out the wrong message, i messed up) :D.
Williscroft

I personaly think Air realy soots FV, i love the madness of Nemesis then the calmness of Air. I also realy like Rita, think it makes it stand out in Ugland as the major attaction with it being red and standing out next to the orangey yellow buildings and corkscrew. I see what you mean about them having to theme it but thats the same with most rides a feel.

I know it would never happen as there isnt enough space in KC but id like the idea of a ball 4d coaster being there, it could be themed as your on a plane that comes into problems and crashes into the jungle, this meaning your soring through the sky being span upside down etc. :)
Kaz

I think Air looks great in FV. It's your opinion. A 4D in Alton would be fine if themed right.
$t£v£

I think Air is great where it is and couldnt think of a better place to put it. The best ride on park (Nemesis) next to the 3rd best (air) 2nd being Oblivion. I think its great 2 of the best rides next to each other (no long walks)
As for the theming dont be so picky Its the ride experience that counts not apperance (although Nemesis is something special).
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.
Anonymous

After thinking about it, Air wouldn't really need alot of theming because of the trees and that you fly over the queues and pathways. Still track colour isn't right IMO.