Airtime Quote - Future Plans?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Dr Pop Rocket

I beleieve knowing alton towers and john wardely, they are goin to build a new type of coaster, the park is well known for world firsts, and it attracts the general public.
And.

[quote=""edat2""]The distrubtion stores are at the back of the skyride station, its hardly merry england and I was talking about the staff car parks aswell.[/quote]

I know exactly where the distribution stores are, they're just behind the barn in Merrie England (opposite the basket ball game) - I know because before they closed off the path along side it earlier this year I used to go that way to get to MHQ.

I also know what you were talking about - and you missed my point completely. In order to build a new attraction over MHQ and the staff car parks an awful lot of stuff would have to be moved and changed. You're looking at the complete relocation of Magic HQ, the staff car park (which is only just sufficient as it is - if it were any smaller, then there would be chaos), the petrol pumps used for re-fueling vehicles, relocation of payroll, employee welfare offices and the uniform dept, plus the relocation of the fleet of busses and the transport office.

Then you'd have to uproot all those trees along side the path thats underneath the monorail track - they'd have to go because you'd need a new road to get to the distribution stores - the road would probably have to go over the coach park which would mean the relocation of that too.

I could go on and on and on - it's just a complete logistical nightmare as I said before and I doubt that they'll ever do that.

I'm not saying it won't happen - we're not even sure what Alton Towers are doing next year even, and I'm not criticising you in any way - I'm just saying that the idea will cause a lot of problems.
Hydro_the_water_wizard

Could the "your fave" ride hes refering to be Megaphobia and the innotive ride be the new more-than-vertical coaster?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Possibly. but then John Wardley is Tussauds based.
Satch

Im all for the second entrance in Forbidden Valley, but only because the current Woodland Walk is somwhat lacking in magic. A second entrance could only be to replace the Woodland Walk, as it is totally the wrong location for a main entrance. The main attractions are placed at the furthest points from the entrance for a reason, as they draw people through the park to here. Placing an entrance there would mean a lot of neglection of other parts of the park in the day, and place strain in Forbidden Valley

Plus, isnt it nice to see the Towers as you enter?
haydn!

I totally agree, the park's current layout is near on brilliant, to get to the better rides, you have to pass rides you dont immediatly think of.then you ride them on your way. Placing a main entrance in the parks most popular corner would just keep the crowds in that area, and guest flow would be put into chaos - and it certainly doesnt make sense as the park advertise the fact "Forbidden Valley is often busiest in the mornings, we recommend you visit X Sector first" thousands of this, and then millions to condradict it?

Plus like said, the welcome you get when walking down towers street, well its something real money can't buy. The Towers.
JamesP

I personally agree with 'Hydro_the_water_wizard' I think John Wardley is talking about Oakwood. Why would he say the ONE ride members were fond of if it was somewhere like Alton Towers where there are a number of big coasters. It is often forgotten but John Wardley was involved with the design and construction of Megafobia so he is associated with the park. Announcements about the new steel 'verticle' type coaster were also expected around this time. All ties together to me.
haydn!

Yeah, but again. The Eurofighter Coaster at Oakwood was confirmed back in 2003. Its no secret. Nemesis is without a doubt Wardleys greatest acheivment, its every fan's favourtie ride and Alton Towers is the UK's favourite park.
Anonymous

I don't.

Being realistic, the only coaster in the UK enthusiasm that is really quite famous and most loved is Nemesis by lots. I strongly think he's refering to Alton Towers, being the most involved, and also being far, far more popular than Oakwood.

Also, I do somewhat doubt he'd be so enthusiastic about a Eurofighter coaster :?. In my opinion, they do look awfully tacky and cheap... not the standards John Wardley works towards (Megaphobia; Nemesis; Collosus).

But having said this I have no clue what he could be refering to. A woody just isn't by any means orginial when you consider Alton Towers have two B&M protoypes!
Squiggles

You have to remember though JW has a tendancy of taking average coasters and improving their appearance, so it wouldn't matter what coaster it is it would probably (budget allowing. air) look great!
Edwardo..... move me!
Phil

[quote=""JerMain.e""]

But having said this I have no clue what he could be refering to. A woody just isn't by any means orginial when you consider Alton Towers have two B&M protoypes![/quote]

Why do you presume all the woodies are the same? There is just as much variation in all the woodies as there is in all the steel coasters. For all we know the proposed woodie for AT could be a new type. It's no secret Intamin are constantly modifying their woodies so we might see something new. Don't jump to conclusions!
Anonymous

No, but I'm saying that next to a world's first ride that has completely revelutionary technology serpasses any already established coaster, no matter the uniqueness of the layout. He could be very well refering to the woody, but my personal immediate reaction to that statement is "Uniquness? Well, uniqueness to AT is a world's first, not a woody".

I strongly doubt AT are getting any knew prototypes so maybe you're right.
Anonymous

Well, uniqueness to AT is a world's first, not a woody".
How about a world first element on a woodie?
Anonymous

Ey! That Ade has brains!

That is a perfectly logical idea. And a great one at that! Really not sure what one could be, no clue! I think I remembre AJ on Towers Nerd talking about a Steel and wooden ride :?.

Meh, haven't a clue on how a woody could be adapted to have another element!
John

Hey, don't go taking credit for my ideas, I suggested a world first element on a woody last week!
Satch

There are many ways in which a new element for a woodie can be developed. Inversions that work (although you may as well have a steel coaster), or a new way of riding a woodie. Or, a world record, ie longest drop, or anything. We just dont know, but you cant rule out a Woodie. The article is extremely ominous...
CGM

I don't think that a woodie needs a new element like standup for example. I think that a woodie is a woodie and is a design that shouldn't be touched. We've already seen what happened to the park that tried to tamper with the woodie's design. The loop on Son Of Beast is meant to be very painful
Liam

Yes, it would be good to have a world 1st, but you'd have to be careful. IMO things like inversions on wooden coasters make them very uncomfortable. If I was AT, I would go for a very thrilling wooden coaster, at least the longest, and highest drops in the park, but with no inversion-type gimmicks.
Anonymous

Ooh, how about a woodie with an absolutely vertical drop into the valley. Has a woodie ever had a vertical drop before?