Towers Entertainment

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
rollercoaster_crazy

Whilst I was sat in Towers Street Restaurant eating chips and hiding from the 120 minutes queues on the white knuckle rides on the 29th of October
A little idea sprang into my head.

What Alton Towers lacks is decent sideshows such as in Merrie England they could have street entertainment like jesters and those people who look like statues and then move! In the area between ugland and hex where the music power house used to be they could have some sort of 'stomp' esque group making music from obsqure things.I Spy audience participation!

Something to break up the day and add a little value relief from the rides and the queues!

Another idea would be in Katanga Canyon they could have the explorer (can't remember his name the one the hotel is themed around!) doing a comedy sketch with some sort of sidekick! and so on!

Just a little thought!
stokywolf

This one of the main reasons why ugland was created, To try and draw crowds away from big ques. The enetertainers used to be based here trying to make guests laugh. :lol:
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
rollercoaster_crazy

But now there is nothing in this area is there?
I just thought if AT is going to become a resort it needs to take a leaf out of disneys book and become more than just rides, because it is very rare you will get a family where every members dream is to ride nemesis 8 times in a row!
MikeB

I saw those entertainers only once this season, and that was in the summer when 2 'cavemen' were going up and down the rita queue. It would be a good idea to have those moving statues as everytime i have seen one in a town centre there is always a crowd watching.
rollercoaster_crazy

They are quite sinister! They could have two gravestone angel types or devils at Gloomy Woods and some more comical friendlier ones in Merrie England or Towers Street!
riderita

I do this type of this work.

Juggling, entertaining, magic etc.

The reason why alton towers does not employ many entertainers (if any) is because they cost a fair bit.

Average wage for an entertainer is minimum of £75 an hour (a decent one, you would struggle to find a quality act for less than this).

Thats alot of money when you clock it all up.
rollercoaster_crazy

but to have a successful resort with that 'magical' atmosphere some investment is needed
Dave

there were the rambelers wondering round ug land at the start of the season, but aside from that al ive seen theis year has been people in the parade at the end of the day.

maybe we could see some umpa lumpas wondering round what is currently cred street next year?
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""riderita""]I do this type of this work.

The reason why alton towers does not employ many entertainers (if any) is because they cost a fair bit.

Average wage for an entertainer is minimum of £75 an hour (a decent one, you would struggle to find a quality act for less than this).

Thats alot of money when you clock it all up.[/quote]

This is the reason Alton Tower should keep the Magic Makers - they are supposed to do all of this, but i've never seen it happen!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
black-t5

[quote=""Redcoat Jase""][quote=""riderita""]I do this type of this work.

Thats alot of money when you clock it all up.[/quote]

This is the reason Alton Tower should keep the Magic Makers - they are supposed to do all of this, but i've never seen it happen![/quote]

They should keep them has they keep the guests amused alot waiting for for people around the ride area and people waiting for friends or family members queuing on a ride. Also they mess around with the games like in UG Land on the UG Basher the cavemen try and test their strength but can't even lift the basher :lol:
riderita

Yeah thats pretty cool. Ive seen them pratting about before. Ive seen them nickj water bombs from soakasaurus! Mad!

But i can remember the traditional parades with jugglers and unicyclists, stilt walkers etc. It would be amazing to see something of this kind return to the park. Alton towers pretty much inspired me to juggle amoungst other things like magic.
Its a wonderful thing especially for young people.