The American Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Colossus

Whoever it was, was in the past, lets try and get a new owner for the AA !! LOL, Ive got a couple of quid in my pcoket, anyone else wants to put a couple of quid in the bank.

I still personally, want the UK parks to be diverse unlike Dara who wants Tussaurds to buy AA. There are a few companies which own a few parks, take for instance Tussaurds, 3 parks, Flamingoland own 2, Gullivers own 3, BPB used to 3 but now 2.

I still hope that someone takes control of AA, if we are talking of a few companies controling all the parks, then I would like to see the owners of Fantasy Island take control of the AA. They hae changed the skyline of Ingoldmells forever !!
Anonymous

They hae changed the skyline of Ingoldmells forever !!
I was gutted when I visited Butlins in Skegness for New Year and it was shut. :(
Dara

Im not saying tussauds should definately buy AA. Id be happy if any major (and respectable) company took over to try and get AA back on its feet.The current company are terrible.They locked me in the other day when i went.It was last ride at 5.00 (far too early).I had my last ride at that time.We then went for a walk round the park with everything shut because i wated to get the 6.18 bus. We got to the entrance at about 5.50 only to find that the gate had been all locked up and we were locked in. I had to walk all the way to that shopping mall before finding a staff member to unlock it.
Im sure a proffesional company like Tussuads would never let that happen even on quiet days.
Joe Wareham

Shows theyre not to good at security checks.
Dara

Its very unusual to see any CCTV cameras at the park.Theyve only got a few i think (unless theyre very well hidden)
Joe Wareham

Most of the times when ive been to AA the security guards are just sat around on benches doing nothing :evil: Extremley unprofessional.
At tussauds parks theyre trained to walk arond patrolling which is good.
haydn!

Shame to see the JCB's going.... not, the park paid around £750,000 for them and they were crap. They could have invested in a pretty decent thrill ride for that amount - and even more if they'd gone second hand.

P.S. This is my first post, I apologise if its lame :roll:
Anonymous

i dont think it is going as today i saw AA's 2004 TV adverts which show JCB world as new! boubt they will get rid of it after advertising it for this year :?:
haydn!

Yeah, I spotted the advert too, so not sure bout JCB World anymore, I think they should remove it though, like I said before theres alot better stuff they could have got for the £750,000

(thanks for replying too :))
Anonymous

maybe they thought that it would make the park seem better by having a extra area ???
haydn!

I was thinking though, the park want to build an holiday village next to the current site, costing an estimated/rumoured £15million, but can the current park support an holiday village :?:

I personally think the park would be better off shelving these plans for the present time and investing say £10million into the actual park over a five year period. Start off with some major thrill rides and then perhaps a simple yet attractive coaster. Also, do some major clean up around the park, its amazing what a lick of paint can do :!:

They should build up a better image for the park before atempting something as big as an holiday village.

I think it would be better in the long run, and would almost certainly gain support from the locals who are against the holiday village plans.

What do you people think?
[flicker]

I agree, when i visited the park last year it was pretty terrible compared to the previous visit a few years before. Cafes were boarded up, there was a lot of litter, staff were not very helpful and quite rude and the fact that you enter through that crappy side gate and pay at portakabins was like the icing on the cake.(though i appreciate this is for structural reasons apparently.) But yeah, it's just a shame i guess because it did used to have a much better reputation and was a really good day out.
towersuncovered

Has anyone sen there website its really cr**p!!!! Its not good atall no pics and the park map looks like a gameboy game lol!!
Adam

who agree's with me A A needs sooo much more. there has been NO new FREE rides for at least 3 or 4 years. What is going on?
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
TeasingTigress

There's a topic a little further down the page about this :)
Adam

really y did they spend all that money on something sooo bad. are they trying 2 go out of buisness? they need a new FREE ride/coaster but asif they will build 1!
haydn!

Exactly, this fifteen million they wanna spend on the holiday village could by a dozen decent flat rides, a top notch spinning coaster like Spinball Whizzer, or even something like Nemesis Inferno (I think) plus a lot of major refurbishment across the existing park which is long overdue. And to top it off, a decent marketing stratergy so the park actually looks worth visiting. Because it once was, and still as the potential to be a great day out.
Adam

yea 15 milion omg! they havent got a clue have they?
[flicker]

Like i've said on the other topic, the state of AA(at least the last time i visited) saddens me...it used to be such a nice little park but now, and it pains me to say it...it's a bit of a dump. I'd love to see it back to it's former glory. :cry:
haydn!

After reading so much about what people think of the American Adventure on here, and the general feeling is that most people think the park has a lot of potential. Over the last week I’ve been working on a development plan I intend to fine tune and actually send to the park. But before I finish it off properly I thought I’d run a few ideas by you guys.

Basically, I’ve based the plan upon having around £10million to spend over a five-year period, I’ve also come to the conclusion that simply placing a big ten million pound coaster in wont save the park and that the market they should aim at is the family market, with a range of rides suitable for everyone. My proposed development would involve:

The introduction of a number of new rides and attractions including a Topscan, Gyro swing, a spinning coaster, a sombrero ride, a vertical bungee, a climbing wall, a family maze, and a number of smaller junior rides including a junior drop tower, jungle adventure ride and a few themed merry-go-rounds, also a major extension to one of themed areas incorporating three of the new rides, a family restaurant and amusements, and a new larger adventure farm.

The old farm would then be demolished and an Adult Adventure Play area would be developed to compliment the Sky Coaster ride (using the bungee, climbing wall, etc). Both the river rapids and log flume would receive major refurbishments, keeping their existing themes but adding new features, for example a “Splat Attack” feature to the rapids using water guns.

The park would be generally be refurbished also, giving it a new brighter, better look. The Aztec Kingdom area would actually be made to look like a lost kingdom so it actually fits the theme.

Oh, and a new main entrance facility would be built also, to finally get rid of those ugly porter cabins.

I’ve also dedicated some of the budget to extra marketing and more special events, for example to mark Independence Day, and major attraction launch parties.

Like I said, I’m planning on sending my idea to the park management, but what do you guys think first?