The American Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Joe Wareham

Yes thats true but Europa Park is much more of a contrast to epcot than AA would have been if theyd done a round the world tour theme because both AA and epcot are set around lakes.
Also AA wouldnt have been able to develop the theme properly because it would be very hard to theme the rides around the countries.Like if spaceport became Russia how could they re theme Missile into a Russian theme?
With great difficulty.
They would have had that same problem around the whole park.
Joe Wareham

Also the american theme is the basis of a good theming if they developed it properly.
They could turn AA into a tour of the usa or of america-but not the world.
Joe Wareham

[quote=""Colossus""]I had heard that Camelot had had problems putting in a new coaster. They wanted to replace the Tower of Terror with a larger coaster but was turned down.[/quote]
Didnt Tower of Terror burn down while they were doing some building work on it?
Squiggles

Yup, they were dismantling it to revamp it, and a welding torch set fire to the tower.
Edwardo..... move me!
Joe Wareham

V.careless
Dara

i havent been to camerlot for ages :( but i went to american adventure in july of last year when i knew AT would be to busy.its nice to be able to go there in the summer to escape the terrible crowds of AT. Some of its rides are ok (missile, runaway train, twin looper,rapids, log flume)Theres been alot of talk at AT of them removing the blade.Maybe they could do this and buy the yankee clipper swing bout from AA and put it in blades location.Yankee clipper provides loads more thrills than blade.It was a shame about the old entrance sinking.i prefered it to thoes stupid little porta cabins they have now at the side :x very annoying
I_love_at

noooooooooo! i dont want to see that yankie clipper at alton towers i ingured my self on that ride at AA. u see im abit on the chubby side and when the lap bars came down they skwished my stomach and i was in alot of pain and after that my stomach was swollan for 2 days luckerly i was ok. id rather keep blade.
Dara

But you have to admit that yankee clipper goes alot higher than blade and is really rather more thrilling.Blade isnt really a proper thill ride is it.So does nt fit in with the resrt of forbidden valleys thrill rides
Joe Wareham

They could always put padding on the lap bars to stop it hurting you.
It would be nice to see the clipper at AT.
Blade sucks in my oppinion-not a thrill ride at all.
I once saw someone throw up on Yankee clipper.
The staff didnt notice.
Eventually when they did by that time the boat was covered in it.
Not nice.
I_love_at

it wouldnt make much diffrence with padding on. there wasnt much leg room aswell id rather see a gyro swing at alton towers than the yankee clipper.
Dara

[quote=""I_love_at""]it wouldnt make much diffrence with padding on. there wasnt much leg room aswell id rather see a gyro swing at alton towers than the yankee clipper.[/quote]

Whats a gyro swing?is it like the vortex from TP or am i completley wrong?
Joe Wareham

Isnt vortex a kmg afterburner?
I dont know what that is exactly because im not too familiar with these technical terms for rides.
Squiggles

Vortex is an Afterburner. It is like a Gyro-Swing, except that it's seats face into the centre of the ride. A Gyro-swing's seats face outwards.

http://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/images/ex ... trom01.htm

That's a gyro-swing.

From a distance it's pretty difficult to tell the Gyro-swing from an Afterburner
Edwardo..... move me!
Colossus

It is such a shame about the AA, it really is. If John Broome when he was a consultant had done something see his website...

ww.johnbroome-ionceownedaltontowersnowiendupinaconultancyjobworkingforthealcoholicsanonymous.com

LOL

Seriously lets hope some people get in there who know how to deal with theme parks.
Dara

Yes,John Broomes grand plan wasnt that origional.He didnt seem to be a professional like John Wardley.

Anyone know why he left the company?
Joe Wareham

Im not sure why he left the company but he certainly didnt know how to market a modern day park.
Lets hope they get someone new at AA soon.
John wardley is probably contractually bound to tuassauds in the uk.
So it couldnt be him.
What about if they got someone from BPB.
THey could probably sort out AA.
Christ knows what John Broomes doing now.
Like has been said,probably at alcoholics anonymous.
Dara

So is the new six flags UK park going to be at Camerlot then?If they dont do it at camerlot what about Flamingo land or Pleasure island in Cleethorpes.Both parks need developing but is six flags confirmed to be at Camerlot?
Squiggles

I think it was just a rumour, though it would be better then it closing altogether.

I can't see Flamingo Land being up for sale anytime soon, as it's not doing too badley atm, it invested £4million in the park this year.

Pleasure Island I don't really know about, but judging by it's website it doesn't look to be doing too badly, as it's still installing rides and stuff.
Edwardo..... move me!
Dara

Flamingo land is doing ok but pleasure island arent at all.I went recently and it looked a mess there isnt even any grass any more or flowers. Theyve all been ripped up probably so they dont have to pay gardeners. The new rides they do install tend to be cast offs from other parks.Alot of ATs old rides are there eg.Gravitron,1001 knights
Squiggles

Does anyone know a site which has piccies of Pleasure Island?
Edwardo..... move me!