Oblivion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
madmanwill

Does anyone know why oblvion was closed all day yesterday??
sorry if this is in the wrong place

will

x
Fanta

The Ropers were throwing rocks at it.
Dobbo

Seeing as i spent the whole day standing at the entrance telling people it was closed, i guess i am the only one who can answer this?

Basically the ride was experiencing technical difficulties which meant that the technicians did not hand the ride over to the Rides staff all day.
TowersTimes founder and owner 2000-2003
Please do not contact me regarding this site as I no longer own it!
madmanwill

cheers wayne

theres always next wednesday/thursday im bound to get a ride on it

when i come up i will look out for someone with a badge saying wayne!

will
Anonymous

Moved from AT General.
srw985

[quote=""Wayne""]

Basically the ride was experiencing technical difficulties which meant that the technicians did not hand the ride over to the Rides staff all day.[/quote]

technical difficulties - i hate that phrase it could mean anything

such as?
Chester City Football Club
stokywolf

It's pretty obvious that staff cannot reveal to you exactly whats wrong with a ride, all you know is that its experiencing a problem and that you cannot ride at that time or in this case the whole day.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
warriorman

It's a bit off though when you travel all the way from Yorkshire and Oblivion is the ride you're most looking forward to going on, then it's shut all day. Don't suppose AT would compensate me, would they? lol

P.S. I'm Scottish so money is obviously close to my heart :wink:
Newby Coaster lovers ride count

Rita =4 (1 in front)
Oblivion=1
Nemesis=2
Air =2
Ripsaw =2
Soph

I suppose its just one of those things that happens
unfortunatly

but I suppose its better than something going wrong and having an accident on it...
srw985

[quote=""stokywolf""]It's pretty obvious that staff cannot reveal to you exactly whats wrong with a ride, all you know is that its experiencing a problem and that you cannot ride at that time or in this case the whole day.[/quote]

i understand that but i wouldnt ride something which there having problems with and you cant tell people what. it give a bad image if a guest goes up to someone who works there and asks why its shut and they say "i cant tell you" then it gives a bad image (unless the ride ops giving birth at the controls :lol: :lol: )
Chester City Football Club
Griff

I doubt they'd compensate you. They'll have conditions that basically say they aren't obliged to have all the rides running and if ones knackered, then so be it, :lol:
suzip

my ex complained once (sorry its in the wrong section) to guest services coz i wanted to go on air but it kept breakin down and they gave us free tickets to return again the same year!
If Your Parents Never Had Children, Chances Are You Won\'t Either!!!
Muppet

I saw Oblivion stop for some reason yesterday. It stopped at the top and a chap had to climb up the stairs i presume either some one was messing around or there was a problem with a harness. least they are thorough!

As yesterday was so busy the queue was 1hr at one stage.longest i've seen for a while