B&M Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Pennywise

Inverted: Nemesis
Floorless: Kraken
Dive Machine: Oblivion
Sit-down: Hulk
Stand-up: Riddler's Revenge
Flying: Air
AstroDan

Inverted: Nemesis (row 2-8), Black Mamba (row 1)
Sit-down: Silver Star
Flying: Air
Anonymous

Inverted: Nemesis
Floorless: Scream! @ SFMM
Sit-down: Dragon Khan
Stand-up: Riddler's Revenge
Flying: Tatsu
AstroDan

I do hope you aren't voting for Scream! on the basis of landscaping:

:lol:
caffeine_demon

Inverted
Black mamba (just edges out nemesis)

Floorless
Superman - parque warmer, madrid (blew me away)

Dive Machine
bliv.

Sit-down (Includes Speed coasters)
kumba (busch tampa)

Stand-up
--

Flying
only been on air
Ketchup

Out of stuff I've been on...

Sit Down - Hulk
Floorless - Medusa (SFDK not the GADV one!)
Stand up - Riddlers Revenge
Hyper - Apollo's Chariot
Flyer - Tatsu
Dive Machine - Oblivion (Despite how much I like it though, I can't see it being better than SheiKra or Griffon)
Invert - Nemesis or Alpengeist (Both kickass as much as each other)
DanB

From what i've been on

Inverted - Black Mamba
Floorless - Medusa (SF:GA)
Dive Machine - Sheikra
Sit-down - Nitro
Stand-up - Hate standups
Flying - Superman Ultimate Flight, gotta love that pretzel loop
Joe Koopa

From what I've been on-
Inverted-Duelling Dragons
Floorless-Kraken
Dive Machine-Sheikra
Sit Down-Dragon Khan
Stand Up-None :( (Unless Scockwave at Drayton Manor's a B&m)
Flying-Air (Only one I've been on :oops:)
Michaél

Mine are:

B&M:Tatsu-Six Flags Magic Mountain(Have ridden)

Inverted:Nemesis-Alton Tower(Have ridden)
Floorless:Scream-Six Flags Magic Mountain(Have ridden)
Dive Machine:Oblivion-Alton Towers(Have ridden)
Sit-down:Kumba-Busch Bardens Tampa(Have ridden)
Stand-up:Ridlers Revenge-Six Flags Magic Mountain(Have ridden)
Flying:Tatsu-Six Flags Magic Mountain(Have ridden)
matteocrep

Including the one I haven't been on:

Inverted --- MONTU
Floorless --- KRAKEN
Dive Machine --- SHEIKRA
Sit-down (Includes Speed coasters) --- SILVER STAR
Stand-up --- CHANG
Flying --- TATSU

Now... only the one I've ridden:

Inverted --- KATUN
Floorless --- SUPERMAN ATTRACCION DE ACERO
Dive Machine --- OBLIVION
Sit-down (Includes Speed coasters) --- SILVER STAR
Stand-up --- CHANG
Flying --- AIR (yes, it's better than Superman Ultimate Flight!)
leighhills

Inverted - Alpie, BGE.
Floorless - Dominator, KD.
Dive Machine - Griffon, BGE.
Sit-down - Kumba, BGA.
Stand-up - Riddler, SFMM.
Flying - Tatsu, SFMM.
Hyper - Behemoth, CW.

For what I have ridden...

Inverted - Nemesis, AT.
Floorless - n/a.
Dive Machine - Oblivion, AT
Sit-down - n/a.
Stand-up - Mantis, CP.
Flying - Air, AT.
Hyper - n/a.
Vicky-Leigh

Inverted: Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa )/Nemesis (AT)

Floorless: Superman ROS

Dive Machine: Oblivion (Alton Towers) Haven't ridden Sheikra

Sit Down: Dragon Kahn (Port Aventura)

Stand Up: 7up Shockwave (Drayton Manor) because it's the first BIG one I ever rode! lol Riddler's Revenge looks amazing though.

Flying: Air (Alton Towers)
I\'m contemplating thinking about thinking.
It\'s overated, just get another drink in.
PeteB

Whilest browsing rcdb.com I came across this very interesting coaster first built at Six Flags Great America in 1985 which features the exact same track, ride seating, and other characteristics of B&M coasters but was infact built by Intamin.

I know the engineers from B&M used to work for Intamin but this seems to be from a time long before they left and set up on their own.

From what it says on rcdb the ride hardley every operated and has been closed since 2007 but no details of where it might be relocated to? Here's some pictures of it: http://rcdb.com/128.htm?p=0

Would be great to ride this if anyone can find out whats happened to it?
Mitch

B&M stemmed off of Intamin and used a similar style of track. Apart from the obvious 4 across seating, the trains aren't really anything like B&Ms though. A lot of Intamin coasters have the box like track generally typical of B&M coasters, particularly the stand-ups. (Take Shockwave at Drayton Manor as an example.)

That particular ride was moved to several Six Flags parks and was commonly known as Flashback at Magic Mountain. I believe it was a mechanical nightmare and was generally unpopular. (I've never heard a good review about it.) It's completely gone now though, it stood SBNO for about four years and the ride was scrapped about 3 years ago.

I can't see another one of these being built. There's no demand for it, nobody would buy Flashback and it's heavily outdated by newer and better coasters. Intamin have moved on now and I doubt we'll ever see another company try and resurrect it. It looks like a glorified Wild Mouse to me in my opinion so I'm not particularly fussed it's gone.

Oh and finally just to re-iterate. This is not a B&M. Besides, Batman wasn't the first B&M Coaster, Iron Wolf at Six Flags Great America was. :wink:
PeteB

Funny, I always thought shockwave was a B&M. Their track design is always consistant, unlike Intamin who seem to do completely random things.
John

Technically B&M are a spin-off of Giovanola not Intamin. Giovanola were subcontractors for Intamin supplying the track (B&M borrowed the track style when they left the company, but Giovanola carried on using it for some of their rides after the split).

Giovanola later designed and built rides themselves - Goliath and Titan at six flags parks, and Anaconda at Gold Reef City are Giovanola coasters, and all look similar to B&Ms in terms of track style, but the trains are very different.
Blaze

[quote=""PeteB""]Funny, I always thought shockwave was a B&M. Their track design is always consistant, unlike Intamin who seem to do completely random things.[/quote]
No they don't. They always use either two, three or four rails depending on the stress each pice of track is under, and have done that for years. They've just started intruducing single and double bubble spine track, similar to B&M, but with curved box sections, which replaces the old style three and four rail track.

Shockwave? B&M? You think in the same year they built Nemesis they would also make something as crap as Shockwave? :lol:
Dormiens-Dave

Intamin indeed use two, three and four rail track but they have also used Box track and girder like track (for their old LIM shuttles)

When you compare with other manufacturers there is more variety in track style than most. with the possible exception of Vekoma.

Also Giovinolla (spelt wrong i know) have also used the B&M track style in the past, as John points out

So its not so unusual for people to make such assumptions and as there are no other B&M stand-ups in europe to compare to people may just assume the stand-up concept is rough
Blaze

Back to Flashback, I actually think it didn't look too bad, it looked interesting, and packed a hell of a lot of layout into a tiny space. Not overly fussed about it being gone though :lol:
Doopy Dan

Shockwave was actually built and fabricated by Giovanola after being subcontracted by Intamin, so technically its a Giovanola and not an Intamin!

The trains are a B&M design but again, built by Giovanola, had to get that off my chest :lol:

But yea, i would have liked have a ride on Flashback, certainly looked interesting. I can remember riding it on No Limits a few years back and it was different to say the least.