TTF Camping It Up3 - end of season

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
MikeB

Finally its nearly here, i've been looking forwards to this for ages. I'll see everyone tomorrow then!
Gashead

Ahhhhhhhh Nice way to celebrate 1 year of TTF meet ups!So many new faces.and so many faces that have passed us by.

Im extrimly tired as i had to leave the travelinn at 5.30 this morning to come home for football so ill write my trip report this afternoon.

Fireworks were really good.

Dstone had to lovely wet legs yesterday that ill fill you in on later!
Anonymous

expect a full trip report soon.
Loved it, really enjoyed myself - heres a mini report.

HIGHLIGHTS:
1 - adopting Ray (stokeywolf) as my son, an absoloubt legend
2 - Air in the dark, WOW
3 - The tavern
4 - Ripping Kaycee to bits "classy bird" "caaw im a model"
5 - Ripsaw with fountains and still bone dry
6 - Rita in the dark and the walk back to the exit
7 - The Cred Stret Courosel
8 - Kissing Wayne and telling the oblivion staff! (hahaha)
9 - Crofty getting the whole hotel booking wrong
10 - Strictly Tavern Danicing with Sammy

LOW POINTS:
1 - coming home
2 - theme park face
3 - Uttoxeter with 0 nigtlife/food
4 - not being able to say Uttoxeter
5 - front row nemmy in the rain - OW!
6 - driving - id have loved to have got wrecked, maybe at camping?
7 - Not managing to speak to everyone enough

Expect more details on the above with pictures soon - i really did have a fun time.
MikeB

I enjoyed the weekend as well, it was good to meet everyone and thanks for making me feel so welcome. The camping was good fun but things were soggy this morning though as it poured down overnight! The fireworks were fantastic, so was riding the rapids several times in the dark.
serenicevanescence

I loved this TTF meet up :D Some of the highlights were:

Fireworks - they were fantastic! :)
Going in costume! It made it so much better :)
Stoky nearly falling over into the rapids on Sat night after mooning for the on ride photo :P :lol:
Me nearly getting run over by a dustbin cart/buggy/people.
Meeting MikeB, he rawks! Calling Dr Mike, emergency ;) Royal :lol:
Sitting in Dave186's jeep - that's a privilege!
Stoky riding Dave186's beast ;)
Seeing Dobs dancing like a prat at the fireworks.
Riding the rapids in the dark.
Going on Air - a first for me and I thought it was good.
Craig2 getting soaked on the Flume.
Me being surrounded by 4 lovely men in the flume dryers ;) (you know who you are)
Camping! - twas good :)

Negatives were:

Not knowing who everyone was.
Not many people talking to me except the select kinky few ;)
Queuing up for Air and watching that dreadful video.
Waking up to the rain on Sun morning.
Getting my crotch wet on the Flume.
Not doing things as a whole group.
Not being able to contact people due to limited phone numbers.
People Qjumping twice on Duel.
Coming home.

I or Craig2 will be posting a TTF meetup report.

Read my livejournal for interesting facts:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/chazkitten04
sammie04

This weekend was totally amazing. I will do a full trip report later. One low point to meetup was I had a hat on sunday and Dstone, Ian and Jon were all robbing it and basically teasing me all day so I got my revenge by throwing half a cup of sprite over Ian at night :D. I'm so upset Alton Towers is closed for 5 months no more meetups till then for me :cry:
MikeB

i wasn't going to mention that till someone else did, but stokys 'antics' on the rapids for the photo on saturday night were hillarious!
Anonymous

Hello!

Quick report. Here's SOME of the immediate highlights.

Crofty and I agreed that the Sunday was the better day of the two despite the torrential downpour all morning - we found that enhanced our ride on Nemesis - front row and heavy rain equals a slightly faster, more thrilling, disorientating (especially with eyes forced closed due to stinging rain and hat falling down eyes) ride that left us completely breathless and stunned (Ben, how can you say it was a low point?). The degree of our wetness when we got off rivalled that of Ripsaw on maniac setting and Tidal Wave/Stormforce 10!

Rained for much of the day, so took refuge in the Tavern for a while and had a larf.

Ant and I spent a lot of the day being filmed by Crofty asking members of staff a rather strange question.

Me/Ant: "Excuse me, can you tell me where the ThunderLooper is?"
Staff member: "The Thunder-what?" ------> X 4!!

------

Me/Ant: "Excuse me, is this the stop for the ThunderLooper?"
Unwitting Cred Street Skyride assistant: "The ThunderLooper? That's not been here for four years. At least."
Me/Ant: *face falls, tears form in eyes* "What?"

------

Me/Ant: "Excuse me, where's the ThunderLooper?"
Forbidden Valley area assistant: "The ThunderLooper?" That's not been here for about ten years. See, *points* Blade replaced it."
Me: "What!? I haven't been here since 1996, you see."
Forbidden Valley area assistant: "Ahhh see, you're wrong there. Nemesis has been here for 11 years now."
Me: "But Nemesis and the ThunderLooper were here together for a couple of years."
Forbidden Valley area assistant: *shakes head* No, you've made a mistake, they weren't."
Me: "Oh." *face drops, tears form in eyes, eyes widen* "So it's gone?"

Cue a rather bemused look from me at Crofty's camera. Obviously ThunderLooper (a much missed ride) was removed at the end of the 1996 season - nearly 3 years after Nemesis opened.

Other highlights of the day was Ant in the Duel queue line (dark by this time). Someone swore and he suddenly yells, 'OI! LANGUAGE!' right in their face, which had me laughing my head off and encouraging him to do it again and again. So there was lots of 'OI! Watch your **** LANGUAGE!' in threatening voices from Ant. Also, purchased a whip and got Ant to bend over holding on to various stuff while we whipped him to the sound of 'AH!' 'OW!' 'EE HEEEEE!' LMAO.

Very large group of us on Saturday, which was hard to handle and we eventually split into two.

Great two days, and the fireworks were fantastic - well not so much the fireworks but the video projected onto the big screen! Absolutely brilliant.

Rides In Dark count: Rita (Saturday - big queue), and Air, Duel, Runaway Mine Train, Congo River Rapids, The Flume and Oblivion (more dark time on Sunday because of clocks).

Great to see same faces, equally great to see new ones. Ben especially integrated with us well, and just for the record - he isn't an old git! But sometimes he would take the piss out of me, so for that he only get a 5/10 overall. :P

I'm sure others will come up with more pics/vids/highlights. :D

EDIT: OH! And teddy bear/Cred St McDonalds ETC. That's all I'm going to say.
:|
sammie04

yeh Ant scared me a few times when he did the whole shouting in the face thing :lol:. Yes I shall hopefully do a full trip report tomorrow as i am off to a party now :)
Rory

[quote=""sammie04""]yeh Ant scared me a few times when he did the whole shouting in the face thing :lol:. Yes I shall hopefully do a full trip report tomorrow as i am off to a party now :)[/quote]

its ok for some isnt it ! :D glad to know you all had a great time

rary in sunny rome :mrgreen:
Lauzi

Rory/Rary it's alright for you as well, in Rome! :P Glad you all had a great time, wish I could have been there with yoo but my mums a bit stingy, she says I have to be 15, but before it was 16 so i've managed to lower it :D
serenicevanescence

Shame I missed out on the Sunday but not all of us have season passes :)

Thank you Wayne and all the others for introducing me to you bunch of nutters :P

Read my livejournal for interesting facts:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/chazkitten04
Gashead

Best moment by far.dstone in the fountain!Oh and the lake!

All the ducks are swimming in the water na na na naaaa na na na naaaaa

Usally Stones sink.this one just flapped about going "guysssssssss har har har"
Vik

Just arrived back, after a long weekend, but a damned good one.

Spent today in cariba creek with jnewcombe & nuke. Great place, really enjoyed it. Left at around 4pm, so timed it well to hit the rush hour head on in stoke.

Great to meet everyone again, and some new faces too.

Think Sunday was the better day, though I thought the fireworks were better on the saturday. One disapointment was being unable to ride Nemesis in the dark, as it had been stuck on the lift hill since around 1pm & never moved again. I had only just joined the single rider queue when it got stuck.

Also rode flume in the dark with dstone nuke & jnewcdombe, come of very wet, but not as wet as I got on Saturday. The ater smelt a bit though, I got a mouth full.
To much to else to mention at the mo, need some foos and starving, after living on maccy d's for 3 days, need some proper food in me.

Till laterzzz.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

stokywolf

This Meetup was awesome!
I got adopted by Ben!
Witnessed dstone getting a good quacking into the founain near the conservatories.
The Imapling of a rather sad fella
Getting Front row on rita in the dark on Train1!
The Fireworks show - Dr Pop Rocket! Fayz Lift ( i loved these two!)
Having a laugh and chatting in tavern.
The Class Towers street opera i had with crofty! If only that were on camera!
Getting to spend some time with Sammie as we waited for the others get off rita and on day 2 for ant come out of hex :)

There is way more stuff but i cant note it all down! Ill just say i had one of the best times ever! For now if you have any medical worries just call Dr Mike. *plays kiss - calling dr love*
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
sammie04

sunday night Ray :wink: . Here are just a few photos seeing as no-one else has put theirs up yet.

Heres Dstone looking very adorable indeed :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 010007.jpg

Dangerous Dave, Stokywolf and Adz all dressed up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 010008.jpg

Ant riding his giraffe
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 010016.jpg

Ant in the nemesis truck with his whip and horns
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 010028.jpg

Ade, Kaycee, Craig and Ant
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 010038.jpg

Us in our blinging oblivion sweatshirts lmao
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 010085.jpg
Lauzi

Nice pictures Sammie, glad yoo guys had a fantabulous time, wish I could have been there with you :(
Vik

One other highlight, from Saturday was watching the drenching some people received on Ripsaw. The gondola was literally being held in the fountains, over and over again, for an absolute age. People came of it dripping.

Unfortunately nobody wanted to go on it with me at that time, cant think why?.

Shortly after, back to the normal cycle, 4 spins & a soaking at the end, so we joined the queue. On our ride though, everything went as per normal, but the fountains didnt even get us, so not so much as a splash.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Anonymous

Me and Wayne in Tavern

Dagan and Craig LOL

Ant and his whip!

Wayne, Az and Nate

Ade, Me, Craig, Dagan and Ant

Nate in background and me getting tipsy

At Tavern

Taken from Crofty, Sammie and Stoky! Thanks!

Also! TrampSh!t the bear! He ended up underneath the Nemesis helix :(
tbork

well, i'm back in Ireland after a great day on Sunday and I must say, Alton Towers without rain is a mega bonus. That was the first time that my friends and i came home bone dry instead of soaking wet!

I unofficially went on the meet up and spotted a few people from the forum but was afraid to say hello to any of them in case they weren't actually on the forum. The fireworks were one of the highlights of the day because of the complete cheeziness of the whole thing and also that the dude in the video travelled to Ireland, to which the group i was with let out a huge roar and started insanely Irish dancing.

I got to ride Spinball Whizzer, Oblivion and the beastie in the dark, which was really cool.

I am definitely going back next year and next time I may wave to some of ye!

oh and by the way: Ooooh those Russians!
the return of tbork! get ready for a big load of irish argument