Lower food? Merchandise prices?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Should they lower the prices of food and Merhandise?

Poll runs till Thu Mar 14, 2041 6:08 pm

Yes by a lot?
53%
yes by not a lot?
33%
Keep it the same?
10%
Put it a bit higher?
No votes
Put it a lot higher?
3%

Total votes: 30
Anonymous

Should they lower the prices of their food and merchandise prices?
Anonymous

The cheaper the better!!! :)

:firebounce:
SW-Dave

No I think it should be raised, After paying £4 for parking and £30 to get in, theres nothing I enjoy more than shelling out money opf overpriced tacky food and merchandise made in a chinese sweat shop.
Soph

I think its ok as it is!
some places you go the food is mega over priced, but at AT is isnt so bad, so we cant complain!
madmanwill

the rpices arnt too bad at alton and the merchandise can be on really good special offer. only expensice thing that i found was bottles of drink and sweets where expensive--though if you bought a quencher for £3.99 you could refill to your hearts content and i think you can use it next visit if you keep the tape on it :P.

will

x
Anonymous

Prices aren't too bad but i bought a Altontowers snow globe. Inside it has Spinball Whizzer, Nemesis,The Flume, Splash Landings Barrel and Hex. I bought this in Splash Landings hotel for 14.99. I thought this was so overpriced. Later on this year i went and it has been lowered to 11.99.
liam14

They are way overpriced and the prices need to drastically come down, I dont mind paying a fair bit for the photoes because they are good memories that you can laugh at and enjoy, but some souvinerers are pointless buying, eg. Them madals saying ' I surivived Oblivion' Or Nemesis or Air etc, that are way to much for a crappy bit of plastic and string! :evil:
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14
Robert

The prices are high, but this is the same at most tourist attractions and compared to some of the places that I have visited they are cheap. I think that the shop is too expensive, but there isn't much that people with taste would buy in their anyway. The food is too expensive and needs to be looked at.
Anonymous

The food prices are ok with me, (except the sweets and bottled drinks) but then the merchandize is quite expensive. Lower it down a couple of quid and i'll be happy. :D
Robert

Alton may not put food and merchandize prices up this year, but the odds on them lowering the prices are very bad.
Crofty

[quote=""Ol.e""]Prices aren't too bad but i bought a Altontowers snow globe. Inside it has Spinball Whizzer, Nemesis,The Flume, Splash Landings Barrel and Hex. I bought this in Splash Landings hotel for 14.99. I thought this was so overpriced. Later on this year i went and it has been lowered to 11.99.[/quote]

I got it for a fiver on Ebay, Classic item :D

I think the prices are Fair, sure you expect to pay a bit extra for a few things, but on the whole the prices arnt over the top.

:D :D