Camping it up take 2 trip reports

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Dobbo

Here’s Wayne’s trip report for TTF camping it up – take 2!

I spent most of Friday thinking to myself that the meet up was to begin for me on Saturday morning, I had done my shopping and had the idea to nip up to the camp site on Friday night to say hello to the gang who were staying two nights. I picked up Stoky from Maccys in Meir Park and we headed to camp to meet The Newcombes, and Vic. After much debate I was persuaded to stay Friday night too despite the time already reaching 8PM, I took Stoky home and then drove back to my house to collect my tent, clothes and booze, by the time I arrived on site it was 9.30PM, Kaycee and Craig had turned up and Dave186 & Sue weren’t far behind! Jon helped me put my tent up, well to be fair it was getting dark so he did most of the work for me! We had a few drinks, had a chat and good laugh and were all very interested in “186’s” mode of transport- an ex-military vehicle of all things! After plenty of food and drink had been consumed, we settled down to sleep….. I slept alone in my tent, well I say slept, probably about 4hours worth of sleep in total! I woke at 4.30am- it was still dark outside, but I fancied an early morning shower so I unzipped out of my tent and wandered down to the single toilet and shower unit. Somehow I had remember the door code from the last time we were on the site, so I had a nice warm shower and refresh ready for the start of the meet up!

Vic was next to awake, followed by the others at about 7 or 8 o’clock. Everyone had their showers and after Kaycee had checked her hair was right, we headed to the park; I jumped in the back of 186’s army vehicle and had the most bizarre journey to Alton Towers I have ever experienced! Driving along with people staring and Katanga music blasting out!

We waited for the Monorail to open and the group made their way in for XRT on Air and Nemesis. I decided to save Craig (Not the Craig you all know – but Charlie’s boyfriend Craig) time by buying his ticket and not doing XRT, Ian joined me in waiting out side of the gates for them – thanks for keeping me company Ian! By this point Crofty (who was picking Charlie and Craig (2) up from Birmingham) had begun a big wind up on my part, which involved telling me he had dropped them off in Alton and they were walking! Eventually they got off the Monorail- the three of them, only missing Sazzle, who had been messed around some what terrible by the trains, as you may have read Saz joined us later in the day! Ade arrived and he introduced me to Satch, who is a very nice person and has a great Aussie accent I thought! Or maybe that is brummie?

We met into the rest of the gang, (which I forgot to say now included Ray, Dstone and many others which we had picked up here and there) at McDonalds in Merrie England, where we queued for our breakfast! Yummy! Bacon!

We headed up to queue for Rita – which ended up being a 1 hour 30minute queue! It is mad that we even queued that, but we did and I guess the usual fun and frolics of the queue line kept us entertained! Charlie was really not sure about riding Rita, she planned to just come through the queue with us and then walk off the exit, but she made a brave move and decided to ride Rita! I was so proud of Charlie and although it wasn’t really her cup of tea, she deserves a medal me thinks! :)

By the time I had left Rita, Sammie and Ant had joined us, as had Saz who I had accidentally been horrible to in the Rita queue line…. It was just messing about saying “bothered” to everyone and everything and Saz coming along at the wrong time!

We did Oblivion in X-Sector next, took Craig (2) on the front row for his first ever ride on it! I think he liked it! Next up was the flume and the rapids, followed by a spot of lunch and Pizza Hut / KFC and a battle on Duel! We headed up for some single riding on Nemesis and Air, both times on the back row! Woo!

Everyone was getting thirsty for alcohol, so the Tavern seemed like the sensible stopping place! Thanks for Craig 1 for buying me and Craig 2 a pint, it was much appreciated! You’ll get one back at you in brum in a few weeks Craig! I knew Craig had paid £18 to get in so I wanted to make sure he got on some more rides, so me, him and a few others went for rides on Spinball, Rita and finally Corkscrew, leaving Charlie and the gang sitting in the tavern! Sorry to Charlie if you spent most of the day waiting for me and Craig on rides….. and sorry for not showing you both the whole park, there’s loads more we can do next time you visit, including Runaway Mine Train, Ripsaw, Submission and Blade!

We had a group photograph on the lawns thanks to an Alton Towers worker and then a lot of confusion followed when everyone split up leaving the park (mainly due to the Tweenies and Scooby Doo being on Towers Street!). When I was sure that everyone had a space in a car, we left Alton Towers, most of us heading for the camp site and some (Crofty, Kaycee and others) heading for Tescos in Longton of all places!

By the time Crofty and Kaycee were back on camp, I had, had a few too many drinks and I was doing things that only a drunk man can be excused for! Though it was only 8PM! Dave 186 fetched us some fish and chips, and we all sat under his tent eating them and having a lovely evening. Because I was drunk I was doing many things, which I’m sure everyone remembers clearly, but I simply have put into the back of my mind. I can remember trying some of Craig 2’s ooza (?) which was very nice and some of my own vodka which was not as nice! I also remember bursting into tears in Satch’s arms for some reason, someone ripping Kaycees pants off her and seeing Kaycee on the toilet after she insisted on having me and Satch take guard in the loo with her!

Oh Charlie gave me my second poster of the day (thanks to Sammie for the first poster too!) This one was to hang outside our tent while we were sleeping- I loved it……. And it even made me cry some more!

My self and Crofty had some more deep and at the time they seemed to be meaningful conversations, until the middle of the night! Somehow managed to make it into the tent and soon drifted off to sleep!

I awoke at 6.30am (or was it 5.30?) this morning for a shower; I walked to the showers with Vic, who had just had yet another sleepless night due to him finding the ground uncomfortable! I didn’t think it was too bad to be honest- but I did have extra quilts! Hehe! I woke Crofty up, him thinking it was like 8am when in fact it was barely 7am, we all had showers and had a laugh about the night before! The majority of us made our way to Alton Towers at some time or another and had our XRT on Air and Nemesis! We left Charlie and Craig behind on the camp site, as they don’t have annual passes and have important meetings to attend this afternoon! We rode Rita (Single Rider queue line) and headed to Maccys for some breakfast.

The gang headed on to Hex –TLOTT, while me and Crofty said our goodbyes, we were back off to the camp site (Crofty because he has work tonight and is giving Charlie and Craig a lift home and me because I’m working at towers tomorrow- so I need a rest!).

We got back on camp to find Craig2 and Charlie sitting by my car and Adrian and Ian in their cars, I said by goodbyes to everyone and headed off home to write my trip report, get over my hang over and have some sleep. I am still bright red and flushed as I write this!

Big thanks go out to everyone who attended this meet up, probably my favourite meet up of all time. Special thanks to Charlie who I have known on msn for like 2 years, but never actually spent that much time with her in real life! Hope we didn’t scare you and thanks for the poster! More thanks go to Dangerous Dave for the food supplies I made my way through and the once again excellent tent set up! Thanks to crofty for making upset wayne (who was in tears for some reason!) better- your words of advice and presence helped, thanks. And especially to you – if you were there, because each and everyone of you had a special moment with me ;)

Seriously now, I have made some of the best friends I could ever wish for on TTF and long may our friendships continue!
TowersTimes founder and owner 2000-2003
Please do not contact me regarding this site as I no longer own it!
Craig2

ello boyo's!!! Im the new Craig from this meet. It was wicked! :D oh, and wayne, its ouzo :P Thanks for a wicked meet up guys, me and charlie realllyy enjoyed it :D it was the first time on EVERY roller coaster there, and i owe wayne a big thankyou for getting me round all them, and a big thankyou to everyone for being so welcoming (and supplying entertainment and booze on the night! :D)

Thanks all!!
Vik

Just arrived back home, had a great time too. Oh wayne it was 5.30 this morning we were up.

Not much else to add really, waynes covered most of it. Glad to see towers street music is back, was a bit of a suprise to hear it blasting out from towers street while we were waiting to get in.

Well after Wayne left today, in no particular order, we went oh Hex, in which dstone and Ant, to everyone elses obvious annoyance chose to recite the story word for word. :evil:

Then to spinball, which was out of action with cars stopped in all the block brakes, just opened as we got there, so joined the normal queue which didint seem to bad, but waited 20 mins or so. Single rider was empty. Here we met Jnewcombe, dave186 & sue, who joined single rider. Then another go on spinball with us all in SRQ.

Flume, at the back so didnt get very wet, rapids, again not very wet, which was a shame as it was quite hot when the sun was out. Had soom piza hut, did the runaway mine train, then duel. Score 47000, measily, compared to yesterdays 51500.

We then headed over the FV as myself, Craig, Kaycee & Ray were planning to go home, so we were going to go on Ripsaw then get the skyride to the exit.

Anyway, Ripsaw was out of action, engineers had just arrived to manually release people stuck on the ride, which took some time, so one woman lit a fag, and took offence when told to put it out. They were all given exit passes for other rides when they eventually got off.

We then parted company with the rest of the group and went to the skyride which had stopped at this point. Started, then stopped again, and again, and again, when we eventually got on, it stopped again, then once more just as we left the station. But, thankfully it was fine after that.

Quick look around towers trading, then monorail to the car park, trying to find our cars, which were almost outside the monorail station, but still hard work to find them. Said our good byes & parted, going our seperate ways. Passed the infamous star caravan park, tempted to pay a visit to say hello, but really just wanted to get home, and crack open some more beer.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Dobbo

[quote=""nightsin2dreams""] Oh wayne it was 5.30 this morning we were up. [/quote]

That may explain why i am now feeling very ill and tired! At present i am recovering from the mad weekend, my heads still spinning, i feel quite sick and i have the worst stomach ache! Oh well... i guess i have to pay for my sins!
TowersTimes founder and owner 2000-2003
Please do not contact me regarding this site as I no longer own it!
Vik

Feeling very similar myself, think an early night is in store tonight, alot of sleeping to catch up on.

Also one little snippet to add to the trip report. On the 2nd night at the campsite when most of the group decided to take a walk up to the main gates to see Sammie & Ant off, I just happened to glance up at the sky. What a great site I saw too, never seen stars like it before. Living in a large town with all that light pollution, you only ever see the brightest stars, so looking at that pitch black sky with all those stars was great.

Also Jnewcombe & Ade, who had also stayed behind spotted some shooting stars, and we ended up talking about which of these stars have planets with life on and all that. Probably the only calm 20 minutes of the entire stay I think. Then the ravel returned :lol:
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Gashead

[quote=""nightsin2dreams""]Living in a large town with all that light pollution, you only ever see the brightest stars, so looking at that pitch black sky with all those stars was great.

Also Jnewcombe & Ade, who had also stayed behind spotted some shooting stars, and we ended up talking about which of these stars have planets with life on and all that. Probably the only calm 20 minutes of the entire stay I think. Then the ravel returned :lol:[/quote]

I was there too, was amazing as like you said living in built up areas you dont see much of the sky...this was the miost amount of stars i had ever seen! then me and ray who,both previously only saw 1 shooting star in our lifes saw 5, was a great end to a great day.

Weekend was really good, as wayner said the best meet up we have probably had, especially with action antilope who by far the biggest dare devil going and all the others who made it a great weekend!

GOT ANY ID????
stokywolf

Friday evening and i was all excited, not for The camping trip, but because it was friday and that means its chippy night, its the law! Anyways to add even more excitement i fount out that i would be paying an early visit to see some of the gang. Anyways after getting my chippies i made my way down to macdonananalands :lol: , where i waited for a bit watching chav after chav walk past, anyways then up pulled Wayne! or just Wane, nipped into maccy d's to get a mcflurry, I had a drink thank yooooouuuuuu! :) anyways listened to some class dance tunes driving upto camp site. Got on site and met Vic, Jamrag(jnewcombe) and Ian(nuke) a.k.a the newcombes! lol. After a chat, the ground shook! trees swayed! and tents rocked! The cause... Dave 186 186's ex milatary vehicle(not car :wink: ) came storming over. After the engine was shut off the song birds just about managed to get there singing back. :lol: . Had a nice look at daves land rover a.k.a munsta truck and had a quick chat with danger himself and Sue HI SUE! After some confusing planning, wayne gave me a lift home as he was going to get his stuff for camping that night aswell.

Next morning woke up got me kit on and other kit ready. :lol: , went down stairs had the shock of me life me :cry: :( :cry: :( . after the ordeal was over i went down t'tesco to get me bus £1.10!!!!!! for a 5 mile journey to cheadle. anyways i got off boos at cheadle, walked down t'netto (you know the place? where binbags are dearer than beans) and straight away i met some of the gang. Vic/Craig/Kaycee. Got a lift off vic t'towers And upon arriving and was amazed that the "priority parking" formerly £6 now known as "Express parking" is £10 :shock: amazing! anyways got on park met the others and waited for park to open. heard something strange then realised! Towers street music :D .
Park opened wayne waited with Ian for Craig 2 and charlie to arrive, Rest of us made our way over t'Forbidden valley got some ERT on Nemesis & Air which Jamrag lost £6 in change on.
Im too tired to carry on ill finish part 2 tomorrow, but i think we went to Rita (carry on from here) ill colour code aswell :D
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

Funniest Moments: :D :lol:

1. Ant kicking my My Little Pony', a pink cuddly toy named 'PissFlaps' by myself (Matttttt - GBNF ;)), into the Rapids. Ant placed her on the ground, took a run-up and whacked her over people's heads into the Rapids.
PissFlaps is still in the Rapids drain, I saw her today. Only two pink legs are sticking up - the rest of her is submerged and...brown. :|

2. Craig pushing over Ant when we were all drunk on the campsite on Saturday night. Craig came up to Ant and said...

"This Is Your Life. It has had many ups and downs, but mainly downs..", and Ant was promptly pushed DOWN over 186 (dangerous dave :D) and onto the floor. Oh how we larfed. :lol: :lol:

3. Ant slipping over at the top of the field in the dark. Ant was walking by himself in the direction of his toilets and as the grass was a bit wet, he slipped up suddenly, his whole body horizontal in the air for a second, before landing flat on his back. A little bit of wee nearly came out! :lol:

4. Craig and someone else attacking Ant, grabbing his arms and legs and wrestling him to the ground. Ant is such a tiny, delicate little thing and he was powerless as these beasts took advantage of him, and Craig tipped beer all over his clothes. Twice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. I mooned at people. I was very drunk. Craig started to show everybody the top of my bum and I decided it would be a hilarious thing to get the rest of it out and show everybody...probably doing a little dance as I did.
Ah well, Crofty and Wayne did later compliment me on my ass. :P

6. I went to the toilet in front of Wayne and Satch. I needed a wee late at night and the campsite is very dark and covered in trees so I took some bodyguards as we made the long trek there...poor things were very embarassed.

Craig is nagging me to get off the computer, so I must finish tomorrow! I'll probably do a TR as well!

Get some photos up!!!

Ant hahaha. :lol:

:twisted: :P
Gashead

[quote=""Kaycee-TTF""]
4. Craig and someone else attacking Ant, grabbing his arms and legs and wrestling him to the ground. Ant is such a tiny, delicate little thing and he was powerless as these beasts took advantage of him, and Craig tipped beer all over his clothes. Twice. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

I poured some over him...then ant himself perseded to pour his beer on his crouch for some strange reason...making himself look like he pissed himself...then i poured more on his head

ANT IS A LEGEND
Jnewcombe

a little bit of wee come out then!

spitting games Kaycee?

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!
serenicevanescence

Thank you to Wayne who was very understanding about me not wanting to ride Rita then surprising him by going on it :D

This is my TTF report:

It was wicked! Despite not going on many rides at Alton I got to know Suuue (hey sue!) and all the others. I think the best part of the day was when we got back to the site to get drunk! :D

Thank you to everyone who took me and Craig 2 under your wings. I'm glad I came and I'm glad I met so many great people!

Overall it was great. Even though I got soaked head to toe on the duck flume.

Thank you TTF!!!! :D

Read my livejournal for interesting facts:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/chazkitten04
Satch

Here's the group photo for you all. The kind litter-picker guy decided it would be "arty" to miss off part of Sammie and Jnewcombe

From left to right, we have Dave186, Sue Hello SUE!, Craig2, Charlie (serenicevanescence), Ade McFaggot, Satch, Saz, Crofty, Wayne, Stoky, Ant (and Jake the snake RIP), Craig, Dstone, Vic (nightsin2dreams), Kaycee, Jon and Sammie. Nuke may have been on the end also, but we shall never now know!

I also thought I'd include this picture of Henry Hound helping out, as it was perhaps one of the cutest things I saw all weekend!

trip report to appear later
sammie04

ok here goes with my trip report i have got some music playing while im writing this to help me get in the zone :lol:

"day 1"

i got out of bed and was pretty about the weekend. We were nearly there and me and ant were laughing in the car about erm i cant remember now :lol: we drove past the star caravan site where me and ant shouted stuff out the window. We got on park about quarter to 10 i think :? i rang Wayne to find out they were in the rita queue so i werent happy with wayne so i told him he was going to die down the phone. while they were queuing for rita me and ant went on corkskrew about six times and hex where we met sarah on the way down and i told her the others where in the rita queue then ant took me to cred street over to the vintage cars where he was going round in a car on his own waving with his pink shirt on like some lunotic :P
We went back to rita to meet the other lot and i got a big hug off everyone then we went to x sector and all i can say is to jon "have you got any id, thats not proper id get out" this was in the over 18 machine section in the arcade and he got kicked out by some girl who worked there and he is 25 :lol: then the rest of the group trailed off ahead towards the flume while a couple of stayed behind and tried to win a giant jake the snake for ant and we suceeded and then we decided to put jake to some use http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 060004.jpg
we got to flume and i was in a boat with ray and craig and they did some crazy pose involving giant jake for the photograph then we headed over to the rapids. On the way there ant managed to kick kaycees my little pony called piss flaps into the rapids and nearly took off some womans nose. We got in the boat and all i can say is craig is a jinx on the rapids and i advise people not to sit next to him for their own dryness http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 060011.jpg
At some point another my little pony called slap wank went into the rapids too and when people go i think you should look out for the ttf collection in the rapids. Then we went for some lunch and i discovered that the table outside kfc is nearly bigger then me :oops:. Then we went to duel and then over to forbidden valley where ant and dave and dstone attempted to climb the lava lump here are some photos taken while they where doing this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 060016.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 060017.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 060018.jpg
also me and wayne where messing about where this was happening we had a flip flop fight and he lifted me up then left me in some place :lol: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 060036.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 060040.jpg
Then we headed to nemesis single rider and then me and wayne and craig ant dstone and craig 2 went on air and we came off and and dstone went off to cred street and me craig, craig 2 and wayne walked to the tavern where me and craig laughed about the jake the snake in the lake on the way through the gardens. We sat in the tavern for a while where people unstuffed teddies and scared me by putting dead teddies on my shoulder you can see ian being evil in this picture behind me http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... 060049.jpg then we headed down to towers street to have a group photo taken and then we began to get ready to set off to the campsite

part 2 "the campsite" will be up soon so keep your eye out for it :D
Anonymous

My knickers got ripped off when I was drunk. :( They all took advantage of me, and ripped my knickers, then as I got up to ran away, they ripped them completely off and they are now in a bush on the campsite. :(

I had to run around asking people to finish ripping them off for me as I wasn't strong enough to do it. :( :lol:

Mortified. Satch, I couldn't look you in the eye the next morning. :lol:

Being taken advantage of. They're my lovely silver french knickers and I shall miss them terribly. :(

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satch

You found it hard looking ME in the eye? I got more than an eyeful of you the night before, imagine how uncomfortable it was for me! I only did what you asked, to rip your pants...
Anonymous

You loved it. :lol:

I have gotta apologise, on the behalf of myself and Wayne, for bursting in on you when you were having a piss and trying to gauge the size of your privates. :lol: :o

Satch

Thank you :roll: and the allegations made afterwards about the size were really unfounded. I was cupping them with both hands! Size is deceptive...
stokywolf

Lol i was told that by the way you held it satch, you have a small 'un :lol: But as Charlie said it doesnt matter how it is when not in excitement mode, its when its in excitement mode that matters :P :P :P
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Satch

half of it was in my jeans for christs sake! This is really unfair, you're all poo's
Anonymous

:lol:

[/single smilie post]