Sarah's TTF Meet TR

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Sazzle

The rest of the guys are camping over tonight so their TR's won't be online just yet, however I have work tomorrow (booo), so I'm home to give you a snippet of what happened :P.

Who was there (that I can remember, and know the names of!):

Ade
Satch
Crofty - Fudge!!
Me (Sarah)
Jnewcombe - quack :tongue:
Wayne
Charlie
Sammie
Ray - Fudge!!
Kaycee
Craig
David (d_stone)
Ant
Vic
Sue
Dave
Nuke
Ben
Birm (Ben's friend)

[Someone edit my post if I've forgotten any more, forgive me, I'm crap with names, and there were so many of us :|]

I left my house at ten to seven to get the bus for half 7 to Derby, which means I get to Derby for 8, and then the train at half 8 for a 9 o clock arrival at Uttoxeter. I had planned for Crofty to pick me up from there... Ahem.. Planned

All was going well, and I got on the train to Uttoxeter at 8:32am Platform 2a. I was sooo pleased to see my best friend and her boyfriend there, and we had a really good chat as the journey got underway. As we cleared Derby, the train started to slow down, and eventually came to a halt. I thought nothing of it as the trains on this route stop to let trains pass on the other side of the track. However, we stopped for five minutes or so, and someone came running down the train saying "Don't expect to be in Stoke On Trent before 10". Uh oh :-|.

"Please accept our apologies for the delay, the train is currently experiencing a technical fault and will be returning to Derby to rectify the problem". Grrrrrreat.

So, one train ride back to Derby and a train full of annoyed passengers later.. We're stuck on platform 4a "Please do not attempt to board this train as it will not stop". The train drives off.. Lurvely. We later learn via tannoy to stand at platform 1a for the next train.. Some people thought they were to get on the train already there, and ended up somewhere close to Skegness - not quite AT I think you'll agree? Crofty rang and I told him not to bother waiting - public transport will do just fine thank you!

Finally managed to get on the 9:32 service to Crewe, and caught the ten past 10 32a to Alton Towers. I'm feeling seriously annoyed, tired, and somewhat pessimistic by now.

I parted company with my friend and her boyfriend to find the TTF guys in the Rita queue - I saw Sammie and they said they were near the front.. Yah.. in the cattle pens more like! I was walking around for ages trying to spot them, and mastering all the happiness I could, shouted to Crofty. The only reply I got was from Wayne:

Wayne: "Where you been, you're late!"
Me: "My train messed up, I -"
Wayne: "Bothered!! =; "
Me: "F**k off! :burn: " *Walks rather briskly and angrily out of Ug Land*
Queueline: *Gasp*

Me = extremely annoyed. I decided a walk around the ruins was needed before I shouted anything else obscene at Wayne. A few apologetic phone calls later and um.. I was still a bit fuming! Apparently it was funneh.. :hano:

By this time, Ben Holloway turned up (some of you might remember him from the old Rideas/Air saga.. haha), so we had a wander over to X-sector for them to eat.. Pizza for breakfast.. Yum! Benand Ade are old friends from years back (the three of us have known each other for nearly four years now), but they'd never met, so I took Ben into Ug Land to introduce him to the cuddly bear.

Now the fun begins!

Managed to get on Oblivion here, even though the queue was tremendous! Can't fault the ride, though it looks washed out as ever, but the adrenaline rush delivers every time. I got a cuddly duck which I named Ade (and still have!) while Kaycee got a pink My Little Pony and she called it.. well.. Pissflaps :-s. RIP Pissflaps, now lying in The Rapids (that's to come later).

Ommmm I've forgotten what the hell we did now.. Someone help me!

I think (god i've a memory like a sieve) we walked over to The Flume from X-Sector across the grass, as I remember Crofty filming Wayne and Satch doing the most camp skip over there....

Anyway, Me, Crofty, Kaycee, Ade & Satch all in one boat and the others carted off together in numerous forms, we rode The Flume and complained about pretty things like the lining *looks at Ade* while Crofty asks Ade if he's got his legs right up behind Satch *looks at Crofty*. Me? I'm sat with Kaycee in the middle of them!!

We all headed over to The Rapids and the group split themselves up. Me, Satch, Ade, Crofty, Kaycee, Ant, Stoky and Jnewcombe all piled into one boat, and me, being me, happened to sit on the handle instead of the seat - ouch! Talk about pain in the ass, literally! Crofty found this most amusing, and kept dragging it up through the day :P.

We got off and wandered into KFC/Pizza Hut Katanga to grab a bite to eat, so we all munched our way through very healthy, and very posh food.. Yah.. Fillet Burgers all round :P. I'm surprised during my food to learn that another old friend Harry Hunt is on park - who's spotted a piece of graffiti on the Rita Q-Line with my name on, literally! Bloody chavs nick anyone's name these days! Anyway, we tried to arrange a meet, but unfortunately we never did see each other :(.

From here we headed to Duel, and piled into god knows how many cars! I lost (as usual) but I'm not bothered - at least I didn't cover people's lasers, Crofty!! You see a pattern here? This Crofty person, he's just bad news ;).

From here, Ben and Birm left to do the big coasters, as he'd paid full whack to get in and the queues were big - we weren't all that bothered, as we just felt like going to the Tavern. "Let's go for a pint, come on, let's go!"

We headed to FV to do Nemesis... But not before the more sporty of us climbed the Lava Lump! Dangerous Dave, d_stone and Ant all had a go - with Dangerous Dave asking for something more challenging!

We went to Nemmy, and used SRQ. I was very impressed with the loading times here, even though we had about a ten minute wait filled with fudge, Pooh in Nemesis, NEMSIS ROX0RRSSS, TEH NEMTHISISS, fudge, pissflaps, LOL wtf? TBH n000b, rope climbing, and more fudge. Stoky decided to sing a song with Crofty, exchanging every other word for fudge, while me and Crofty took it one step further and went into fudge making talk - it's not difficult when you have the right ingredients and soft hands, LOL wtf.

Had a few goes on Nemmy *salutes SRQ* before we wandered to the Skyride to head back to the main entrance for that well earned drink in the Tavern. Crofty OWED me a bottle of Smirnoff Ice, and that's what I got. However he offered me 'something else.. ya know, that!' to which I told him to bring whatever it was outside - Smirnoff it was :P.

The Tavern: TTF Style, complete with fish throwing, pooh (Winnie the) in beer glasses, me and Kaycee screaching at Crofty and Dave to turn their cameras off, Dangerous Dave throwing slush all over the floor and some odd mobile phone videos... You REALLY don't wanna see them!

Ade, Satch, Vic, Wayne and Craig2 went to SW for Satch's maiden voyage, while the rest of us stayed in the Tavern. I was persuaded to go and meet them for a final ride on park which was Rita.

Whoa what a queue like! Never ceases to amaze me. Anyhoo, I tried to surpress my famous deafening scream, but I didn't quite manage it.

Wayne at the end: "Who's this, ARGH, ARGH, AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH! A Miss Sazzlebob by any chance?"

Funneh like :P.

The rest of them went on Corkie, but I decided against it - I didn't have headache tablets with me and I didn't fancy the pain all the way home! Ben came and found me so we had a chat with me throwing in the odd 'I need a wee' until they came off. I finally got my wee!!

Crofty, walking to Duel: "Why do women always find it neccessary to tell us when they need a wee? Why don't they tell us when they want sex! You always have to guess!"

Me and Ben followed the rest of them down to the Tavern.. where they weren't, but the alki's from earlier were still glued to their seats. Down trots Ade & Co, complete with Cred Street sweet shop buckets crammed with all the sugary goodness they could get. I robbed a few of Ade's banana's (ooeerr!), and then nicked a fizzy cola bottle - ach, bad idea, makes my tabs laugh! (It's a Derbyshire saying ;))

We all had a wander back to Towers Street, but we couldn't find d_stone. We talked a litter picker into doing us a group photo on the grass in front of the Towers which was pretty cool - even though he cut some people off!

While Satch, Ade and Wayne sorted out their AP's and Towers2 tickets, Kaycee, Crofty myself and [name gone :|] sat in the entrance plaza waiting.. Only to ring them and find they'd sodded off to the car parks! As we walked down they drove past and stopped, causing rather big congestion problems - oops :P. They went, and we walked to Dangerous Dave's van jobby where we managed to say our goodbyes.. Not before Wayne made some horrific bang shutting the back door!

All in all I had a really good day, and it didn't bother me that I didn't ride much, as the company was great.

I'm sure I've missed loads of stuff out, as there was simply toooo much hilarious goings on to mention it all!

Can't wait to see the pictures and read some more TRs!

xxxx

[Edit - Sorry Jnewcombe but I couldn't for the life of me remember the name! :( Sowwi, quack]
Last edited by Sazzle on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Great trip report Sarah - loving that Ug Land strop!

I'm very worried about pissflaps though - I'm imagining all sorts of nightmarish scenes, such as this.

:-(
Dobbo

Apologies go out to Sazzle for the Ug Land incident! It was a case of me annoying everyone in the queue line on Saturday saying 'bothered' in their faces and Saz was just there at the time! I'm sure im forgiven :roll:

Anyway i have left the happy campers on park today to enjoy the thrills and spills of the afternoon, while me, crofty, charlie and craig (2) all set off home!

Full trip report coming soon boyos!

For now all i will say is thank you for my best ever meet-up! x
TowersTimes founder and owner 2000-2003
Please do not contact me regarding this site as I no longer own it!
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

sorry saz, ant and i were a bit lost trying to find you, also i still have half a bottle of your drink, want it back? :lol:

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Satch

Great report Saz. Group photo will be up tomorrow once I get back to my laptop. Trip report will be soon after
Jnewcombe

i must have a face you can forget easyly ,

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!
Sazzle

Lmao :-o Noo you haven't! I remember the face but not the name :P

*goes to edit post*
Anonymous

Great report, Saz!

PissFlaps is PINK!! Jnewcombe, you've got SlapW*nk in your signature, and that's SlapW*nk in marky.com's piccie!

He met a similar fate, but PissFlaps was mine, I bonded with her. She met a nasty end when Ant placed her standing up on the floor on the path between Merrie England and Katanga Canyon and WHACKED her over the fence into the Rapids. :(

She's now in the drain. :( Poor PissFlaps.

:twisted: :P
Anonymous

[-X

I'm very disappointed in you Kaycee...

The very least you could have done was to take off your shoes, change into your wonder woman outfit and dive headfirst into those cold, choppy waters - firmly grasping both PissFLaps and SlapW*nk, before dragging them to the safety of the pathway.

I'd draw a diagram, but upon re-reading that paragraph, it might me a bit much for all those heterosexual teenage lads on here...

:wink:
Satch

I think that would be a bit much for ANYONE, although P!ssflaps did keep on popping up all through the night...
Anonymous

[quote=""Satch""]I think that would be a bit much for ANYONE, although P!ssflaps did keep on popping up all through the night...[/quote]

From leafing through those trip reports, seems plenty of things were going on! What are you lot like...

:giggle:
Anonymous

You should come next time, marky.com, and be 'TTFed'...:P

:twisted: :P
Anonymous

OMG KC actually looks like wonder women!
Satch

Lol! You so do! I heard that there is an offer on now where if you turn up dressed as a superhero you get in for free - perhaps that should be the theme of the next meet
Jnewcombe

lol i aint dressing up , thats for my private pleasure at the weekends locked in my room .

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!