Does Rita Reign Supreme in 2005?!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Best New UK Coaster in 2005

Poll runs till Fri Feb 22, 2041 7:36 am

Rita Queen of Speed
67%
G Force
14%
Velocity
11%
(other)
8%

Total votes: 36
a.ndy

So, does Rita Queen of Speed reign supreme for new UK coasters in 2005? Or has her crown already been knocked from her royal head? Which new UK coaster in 2005 is the best? Does our lovely Rita continue to rule?
(No rush to vote, would rather people ride them first before making minds up :D )
Alex.

Man i cant belive you missed out rascel rocket
LoLzzzzzz

Rascal Rocket 4 ever LoLzzzzz hehe :P

Nah in all seriuosness i think tits between G-Force and velocity.
No offense to R.I.T.A but in my mind its just another launched coaster. It probably is the best to the people who havnt been on a launched coaster before tho.
a.ndy

[quote=""Alex""]Man i cant belive you missed out rascel rocket
LoLzzzzzz

Rascal Rocket 4 ever LoLzzzzz hehe :P
[/quote]

Damn it! Knew had missed one off! :P
plasticboy

Has anyone got any idea why RITA was not made faster, i mean, if AT were going to build RITA, which isnt the fastest accelerating coaster in the world, why didnt they make it the fastest accelerating coaster in the world? THEN it would be something special. But as you say, its just another launched coaster.
Sir Coastalot

Velocity kicks Ritas a**. The launch feels just as powerful and It is actually faster going about 65-70 at the bottom of the airtime hill.
phillipvass

[quote=""plasticboy""]Has anyone got any idea why RITA was not made faster, i mean, if AT were going to build RITA, which isnt the fastest accelerating coaster in the world, why didnt they make it the fastest accelerating coaster in the world? THEN it would be something special. But as you say, its just another launched coaster.[/quote]

It would have to go over 120mph to be the fastest coaster in the world, it'd have to be pretty damn high aswell or it would just be an uncomfortable experience (especially on the current layout) :)
secret weapon 23

[quote=""Alex""]
No offense to R.I.T.A but in my mind its just another launched coaster. [/quote]

So's Velocity despite different restraints, but a lot of people say they're just uncomfy and take the air time out. G Force has different restraints and it has the vertical lift to go with that. But i wouldn't know, i've only ridden Rita for now (soon to ride the other two).
Anonymous

[quote=""plasticboy""]Has anyone got any idea why RITA was not made faster, i mean, if AT were going to build RITA, which isnt the fastest accelerating coaster in the world, why didnt they make it the fastest accelerating coaster in the world? THEN it would be something special. But as you say, its just another launched coaster.[/quote]

Rita is something special, more special than any other Intamin accelerator. Kingda Ka isn't exactly special, it's just Top Thrill Dragster with an air-time hill, and Top Thrill Dragster is just Xcelerator with much less on the end. Xcelerator ws some thing special, but since this Top-Hat revolution really isn't anymore. Rita is an interesting beast. Looks can be decieving, and this "family" coaster is actually super intense... more-so than Xcelerator IMO, with some amazing bursts of positive and negative G's all tubbled around to make a class coaster.

Velocity looks very good, and could just rival Rita... but I have to feel it would actually IMO be better in a normal sitting position. This whole motorbike thing don't quite do it for me. Looks impressive though, and could be a huge boost for Flamingo Land finally having a decent coaster.

G-Force is very unique, yet I can't help believe it looks the most unimpressive of the 3. Apart from being way, way slower, it has some elemant's in there that IMO could be replaced by something better, namely the air time hill taken at pretty slow speeds... but it is pretty steep. The highlight looks to be the first drop, which crawls down at a great angle, and must provide some great hanging. In queue entertainment is obviously top-notch... but what I feel looks to be an average coaster. But anyway it is extremely unique, different, and still looks to be an overall OK coaster!

I know I'm judging just but looks, but it has to be Rita. Apart from probably being by far the most intense, it has some great themeing, the surrounding place is amazing (I love Ug-Land :)) and with TTR and ect, it is just sooo atmospheric to turn just any old coaster ride into a full on experience which you'll always remember. A close second is to be had by Velocity, and 3rd G-Force though it is by far the most unique of the three.

:firebounce:
Fanta

G Force looks a lot better in person that it does through pictures, although it was closed all day when I went. I think like in 1994, each one pushes the boundaries in different ways. Rita through being the first Accelerator coaster, the other 2 being the second of there type. Its great to live in a country that does offer such diversity in the coasters it has. My vote is Null required.
Anonymous

I actually felt it looked extremely average up close... although the surrounding area has been ladscaped terrificly.

I have to say, G-Force seems to be getting alot of cheap attention. The only thing people seem to be saying is "It's more unique than Rita". Well... yes. It's the 2nd in the world, but being unique doesn't magically mean a ride is much better than one which technology has been used alot before. Uniqueness is a nice extra, it isn't a nessecaity and although it means a new ride experience, it doesn't mean the ride is incapable of being average or bad at all.
plasticboy

i agree with Burn.e, that up close, G-force doesnt look that terrific. In fact, i think that the track looks a little bit tacky.

I have rode both Rita and G-force. And i cant split them, and its hard to compare them, with them being totaly different sorts of coasters.