The future of Ripsaw?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Ash

There maybe strict planning guidelines but if the Sky-Swat is sunk into the ground and Water Jets are added.It would definitely be a new experiene and Tussauds like adding the same or similar ride at their parks?

A sky swat would also suit the FV theme very well and could be well themed.The water is a definite addition!
Williscroft

Got back today from yet another amazing day at Alton Towers and Rip Saw was soaking its guest again, loved it to bits, they even used the water guns aswell and i think they have more power in the fountains now as they shoot a hell of a lot higher than before. cant wait to get on it again in just over 2 weeks :D :D :D Got me right in the eye lol :D
Anonymous

Brilliant! Glad to hear they're back and better than ever! So now we have a reason for the drier and it also points to Ripsaw continuing its time at AT for a while yet! :)

:twisted: :P
Williscroft

I thought every one knew about the fountains being turnd on a week or two ago but then for some reason they went off again but when i went yesturday they were back on and more powerful than ever before, theres a picture on TN i think. Thye seem to be going a lot higher now aswell and you get a soaking just going over the bridge, was great on a day like yesturday :D
Rekki

i was on park yesterday and they were on, the ops have to be very carefull with their use, cause the gondola did trip out 2/3 times apparently
Dom1991

Great news! I've been waiting a while to get an opportunity to ride Ripsaw, looks like i've got one. :)
Samsky

They were working yesterday but only some of the time.We saw 2 rides whilst we queued and neither had the fountains shooting up.When we got on,as we were sat before it started the fountains suddenly shot up and everybody cheered.They shot up once whilst the ride was going and the tip of my hair got a bit wet.Nothing like years gone by though,when you used to come off drenched.
You say that everything sounds the same,then you go buy them.There\'s no excuses my friend.Let\'s push things forward.
ashhew1985

I think that ripsaw will be at Alton Towers for the next 5 seasons at least.
I dont know how i feel about that...... :?
Blackhole R.I.P
ToWeRz 4EvA

personally i really like ripsaw and i hope it will stay for a few more seasons yet, i think it would be money well spent to repair it fully, get the fountains properly running again and then more people will ride it.
georgiegirl

as i havent been to the park in over four years i was really looking forward to riding ripsaw at the weekend. however, we got on quickly as there was NO queue (even on a busy saturday) and i have to say i thught ripsaw was absolute pants! now, before everyone shouts i used to love this ride and it was one of my favourites however there was not one drop of water and it was a very short and not very thrilling programme it was run on (even with the gondola full) we were very dissapointed when we got off and all of us said it was rubbish. I think its on its way out which is very sad it was a fanastic ride when in its former glory
Satch

On Sunday they had Ripsaw on a setting designed to get you as wet as possible - if they fountains were working that is. Ripsaw was down in the afternoon because the ops had tried using the fountains, but it shorted the gondola and the restraints got stuck. Until they waterproof the gondola, itll stay a poor ride.
JaYcEy

It will be a shame if Ripsaw is removed....
but it does leave speculation as to what will be put in its place?

hopefully AT won't follow the norm of other parks and dump a cheap thrill ride in its place, or install a common ride i.e. Huss frisbee, delirium or a sky swat

it seems that nearly every park is getting one of these rides, and if AT decided to go for things which are completely different, i.e. no park has a topple tower or a pandora's box.....yet, it will make the park unique

What Ripsaw needs is a lot of tlc and a good cleaning....as for waterproofing, you would have thought that it would already be waterproofed? its a bit odd that a water ride with electrical bits and motors isn't waterproofed

:P :P :P :P
AHHHHH She\'s Gotta Knife!!!!
plasticboy

Ripsaw wasnt made to be a water ride! ! Its just a simple Huss Topspin ride, and AT added the fountains. Thats why over the years, being blasted with water fountains for 9 hours a day has taken its toll.

Would be nice too see it restored to full working order, and with new seats and so on. Would also like to see some even more intense sequences. But, i still have a feeling that it could be removed instead. Sob sob. :(
Satch

We know, that has been stated on here numerous times that Ripsaw was not purchased as a waterproofed Topspin, and AT installed the fountains without thinking of its effects
plasticboy

Theres your anser JaYcEy!
JaYcEy

no need to get stroppy, put your dummy back in

but surely if AT decided to add fountains they would have looked into waterproofing, or the cautions of using fountains

and wont the same thing happen with Ramses Revenge?
Satch

*sigh* Rameses Revenge was purchased from Huss ready waterproofed, with the fountains to accompany it. Ripsaw however was brought on the cheap after ThunderLooper was forced to be removed, so AT didnt bother getting the more expensive version with fountains and waterproofing in the gondola, but went elsewhere for the fountains.

Subsequently, overtime the water has been deteriorating the electronics on the gondola due to it not being portected against this, and this is the result - no wet Ripsaw, or restraint malfunction
JaYcEy

so Rameses Revenge is already waterproofed?

I suppose Rameses will last longer mainly because it doesn't use as many fountains as Ripsaw.....but only time will tell

Do you think they will replace Ripsaw with a waterproofed version?
i doubt it but it leaves speculation as to what is going to fill the gap
:?
TenZero

[quote=""JaYcEy""]so Rameses Revenge is already waterproofed?

I suppose Rameses will last longer mainly because it doesn't use as many fountains as Ripsaw.....but only time will tell

Do you think they will replace Ripsaw with a waterproofed version?
i doubt it but it leaves speculation as to what is going to fill the gap
:?[/quote]

Correct me if im wrong but they both have the same amount of fountains.
Williscroft

Nope they dont Matt_, Rip Saw has them all the way across were as Rameses Revenge only has about 10 in the middle. Hopefuly there are plans to get it properly fixed this closed season and we will see our good old Rip Saw back to normal for 2006 but if not i see it being removed shortly as its just not getting the Qs it used to :( . Shurely though all rides that are situated out doors should be water proofed because of the rain or dose it have to have more done to it if its going to have water blasted at it all day every day for 8 months :?: