The future of Ripsaw?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
a.ndy

[quote=""Bantamboy""][quote=""a.ndy""]No jets on today ? :-?
and found it bloody uncomfortable (and 3 inverts) :roll:[/quote]

Air Member said it,
The jets haven't been working all season, just a couple pistols
and this guy is having a laugh, just look at how many accounts hes made, I've lost count of them now.
Your best advice is to just ignore him, and eventually he'll learn to go back and play with his 10 year old mates![/quote]

lol okies :chuckel:

anyway, in hope of adding something constructive
I personally think Ripsaw and blade should be up for the chop and make use of some good land for at least a couple of good flats for a changed, some great examples and possibilities have already been mentioned :D
Ash

I agree.Flats are vital toa succesful run of a good theme park and happy customer :D :D

I thikn that a nice high capacity ride that is a good spectator ride would be interesting?Something with a twist like the water on ripsaw?

What could be added to a flat ride to make it a bit special like water on ripsaw?

Water pistols for spectators to fire in the queueline?Camera filming people on the ride and playing it onto tvs in the queueline?

Enclosed flat ride with strobes,smoke and a light show?Maybe even projecting a film onto a wall infront of the riders!!!

Could you imagine ripsaw in a large building and when your being held above the water a huge projector projects Can you cut it with the words flashing infron of your eyes!!!And maybe a story film at the start???

Make an old ride very interesting!!!
Anonymous

It's about time that Alton Towers really start to use their imagination with their flat rides.

Us enthusiasts want high-capacity, high-intensity thrill rides. Well, let's keep Blade because as much as FV is a thrill-seekers area, there has to be something tamer to cater for everybody, especially as AT is a family park.

Ripsaw tries to be what the enthusiasts now want, but while it may have been that in 1997, it just doesn't cut the mustard anymore. Once upon a time, I used to worship the ground Ripsaw stands on, but the emergence of better flats on the market and AT's bewildering taming down of the ride means if AT are going to realistically provide competition in terms of rides with Thorpe Park in 5-10 years time, something needs to be done, and I think flats such as Submission and Ripsaw could definitely be replaced.

:twisted: :P
Satch

After going to Dreamworld theme park in Australia last week, I came across a hybrid of a Top Spin and a Supernova (Ripsaw and Energizer), with people seated like Ripsaw, although one row facing forwards, one backwards, 20 per row. The gondola is allowed to twist like Energizer with one arm being flexible, but also allows for inversions, with a sequence along the lines of Ripsaw, and then getting more intense with the gondola twisting side to side also.

There were no fountains, although there were disks in the ground which may have been fountains, but as it was extreme weather, they were not available. If anyone knows what this ride type is, it would be great. This would be a suitable replacement to Ripsaw, although it doesnt solve the problem of a lack of variety
evil cod

yeah m&ds used to have a touring one that twisted as well it was called the terminator no idea what happened to it thou havent seen it for ages
project?

could it posibly be a vekoma waikki wave Image
Anonymous

i like the idea of a ride like that i think alton towers needs something like that. :lol:
Martin1

There fun, but sometimes they have inverting, and not inverting ones, they can get very boring.
Nemesis8ofRita

That is favourite type of flat ride (the ones that invert anyway) I would love to see one of those in AT!
Tom M

Yeh, just imagine if it had jets on it! :o
Williscroft

They have one of them in the RCT3 Soaked pack and it has water jets on it, looks like great fun and would be a very good ride for the towers, i would still be sad to see Rip Saw go though.
Anonymous

My hubby has just seen that pic that was posted by bone shaker in black hole and said he would go on it as many times as he could alton towers should defo think of building something like that.
Crofty

But isnt that just a new style boneshaker - we have seen how the popularity of that ride failed really quickly.

:D :D
Adz
Admin
Admin

But isnt that just a new style boneshaker - we have seen how the popularity of that ride failed really quickly.
It failed because it was shoved out the way and restricted with what settings it could use.

If Alton Towers purchased an inverting version it would be fantastic (mondial also do an inverting version i believe) Its like ripsaw which is popular, but taking it a step further.
Ash

Alton need more flats allot. I think a worlds first or maybe a Sky Swat in a few years time will be in order so as not to effect Slammers popualarity. Perhaps they could place it in FV and add water jets like ripsaw!!!That would work actually?

What you think? :lol:
Ketchup

[quote=""titler121""]Alton need more flats allot. I think a worlds first or maybe a Sky Swat in a few years time will be in order so as not to effect Slammers popualarity. Perhaps they could place it in FV and add water jets like ripsaw!!!That would work actually?

What you think? :lol:[/quote]

May I just point out that AT have strict planning rules, in other words they can't build above the treeline.
Williscroft

Well the fountains were switched on on Ripsaw not long ago as posted on TN but my mates have been recently a few times and said they have been off, so are they now on or off. :?:
riderita

well actually the ripsaw fountains are on and off.... let me explain.
The fountains are on but stay in one position..... they do not move at all [-X
Shame i know. But let us remember that ripsaw is almost as old as Nemesis........ Its had a fair few years considering its a hydro flat ride. Water corrodes metal and other stuff so i think its done well to stay the condition it is in........
But i think we will see maybe a ripsaw 2 that would be a suspended tiop spin?? a bit like nemesis to nemesis inferno????? I dunno, what do u think?
Ketchup

[quote=""williscroft""]Well the fountains were switched on on Ripsaw not long ago as posted on TN but my mates have been recently a few times and said they have been off, so are they now on or off. :?:[/quote]

They were off when I visited on the 2nd, they also looked like they had been removed.

The Ripsaw's current ride program is very poor without the fountains, the section of the ride where you hang above the fountains is completely pointless without the fear of getting wet!
Martin182

I think An Invertind Wakki Wave Would Be a Good Replacement for ripsaw 2 anybody! :P