Nemesis removal

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 04:06 pm Post subject:
Quote:
especialy the foundations which are in abysmal condition
Quote:
You only need to look at the things to see what state they're in. And nearly every time it breaks down there is something wrong with the foundations.
This is, potentially, a libelous situation. You cannot make claims like that, what you are saying is potentialy damaging to Alton Towers and especially as they are not true.
Health and safety has become one of the worlds top priorities in recent years, not just because of duty of care to customers but also because of the really sudden growth in accident and personal injury law firms. If there was anything remotely or potentially wrong with Nemesis' foundations or any other part of the ride, it would be shut down immediately.
If you had posted your "facts" in a more public place AT would be well within their rights to pursue legal action aganist you for those comments, they probably would be within their rights to do so anyway regardless.
May I advise if you don't know anything about the subject that you don't say anything at all.
THIS IS A PUBLIC PLACE AND OF COURSE YOU COULD BE SUED!
Anonymous

It ll never get removed (well not till another 25 years at least) but the supports will need replacing and the track painting.
Ash

I would like to see perhaps not a retheme but perhaps a spruce up.

Nemesis:Awakend

All of the theming can be made to look better and the track painted.Maybe extra pieces of loose track can be added and the queueline route altered.I would like Nemesis to become Re-Awaken and the whole Nemesis maybe evn FV area turned into a type of emergency theme with emergency vehicles strewn everywhere and barriers but we have secret access to the area which is being investigated by scientists.I would like to see emergency buildings constructed in the queueline from just past the bridge by the loop with TV screens and medical equipment showing how the beast has Re-Awoken and unleashed havoc on Alton Towers and FV yet again.The whole area could be rethemed and all scientists and steel workers were injured and could not tame the monster but now you have the chane to tame it.

"NEMESIS-Sit Back, Its fright time.....AGAIN!!!!"

What do you think???
Anonymous

I think apart from the odd lick of paint every now and then NOTHING needs changing!
Ash

I dont know I think the scenery and theming is starting to show its age greatly in sme areas of the ride and I dont think a new theme in a fw years time would ruin it somehow but still keeping that nemesis charm
Dave

i think they could maybe do with suplimenting the themeing with sum new bits here and there
Peet

If Nemesis was ever removed I would sit and cry for WEEKS!!! Then I'd get myself a sniper rifle and shoot whoever was responsible!!! :x :x :x
It's the best ride in England and if Towers got rid of it they'd certainly loose a lot of visitors (me for one). If Nemesis was taken out of the equation I'd look forward to my AT trips so much less than I do!
Anonymous

[quote=""MarkyLon""]
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 04:06 pm Post subject:
Quote:
especialy the foundations which are in abysmal condition
Quote:
You only need to look at the things to see what state they're in. And nearly every time it breaks down there is something wrong with the foundations.
This is, potentially, a libelous situation. You cannot make claims like that, what you are saying is potentialy damaging to Alton Towers and especially as they are not true.
Health and safety has become one of the worlds top priorities in recent years, not just because of duty of care to customers but also because of the really sudden growth in accident and personal injury law firms. If there was anything remotely or potentially wrong with Nemesis' foundations or any other part of the ride, it would be shut down immediately.
If you had posted your "facts" in a more public place AT would be well within their rights to pursue legal action aganist you for those comments, they probably would be within their rights to do so anyway regardless.
May I advise if you don't know anything about the subject that you don't say anything at all.
THIS IS A PUBLIC PLACE AND OF COURSE YOU COULD BE SUED![/quote]

Don't be an idiot!
Anonymous

Woah! Let's keep this friendly, people!! :roll: :mrgreen:

:twisted: :P
Anonymous

If they get rid of Nemesis, it would be the biggest mistake alton towers would make. Look how long it has been thrilling guests, there is no point removing it.
spinwhizzer

You couldn't call it a mistake, they will only remover her wen the NEED to, and I douby any time before.
Peet

Big Dipper at BPB has been running for over 80 years and is still going strong. Hope Nemesis will last that long.
Richie

Dont forget the scenic railway in margate!!
Tom M

Upload it onto www.tinypic.com then post it on here.
Anonymous

In my opinion Nemesis is the best ride in the world and made alton, they will do all they can to keep it!

But if it did go what would they put in its place, Nemesis 2??? A multidimensional coaster?
Anonymous

guys, chill with the legalities and stuff, the kid was expressing his own opinion - are we not allowed to do that ? freedom of speech and all that ? this topic is becoming chilish and petty with some members.
Beaver Dude

When Nemesis goes I think the should take out Air aswell. They should then leave the Nemesis pit and build a dueling woodie in it. This woodie should also use the air site. The finale of this ride would be 2 parallel vertical loops in the same place as Nemesis loop is currently. Not sure on a theme yet though.
oriolat

[quote=""Beaver Dude""]When Nemesis goes I think the should take out Air aswell. They should then leave the Nemesis pit and build a dueling woodie in it. This woodie should also use the air site. The finale of this ride would be 2 parallel vertical loops in the same place as Nemesis loop is currently. Not sure on a theme yet though.[/quote]

Stampida at PortAventura was designed for Alton Towers (where now stands Nemesis). :-({|=
Tom M

Is it possible to have a loop on a wooden coaster, I remember someone said it wasnt in another topic.
Ketchup

[quote=""PrepareForAir""]Is it possible to have a loop on a wooden coaster, I remember someone said it wasnt in another topic.[/quote]

A woodie with a loop granted the, vertical loop is made out of steel but hey, apparently this coaster is crap and very rough!

RCDB Entry - http://www.rcdb.com/id584.htm