Nemesis removal

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
macny1

not that it has anything to do with the topic but farnworth :shock:
$t£v£

Im from just outside bolton in Ainsworth just out side Breightmit
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.
macny1

oh ok cool not havin ago mate seen as its your first day but next time use the PM system if you wanna talk to people
Anonymous

Back on topic:

Im sure that nemesis has never been shut half way throught the season due to the foundations being worn away
$t£v£

It has in october
Vik

Nemesis was closed last october for a while for remedial work to be done on it. Emergency closure. Think it was closed twice in a matter of weeks.

Not sure why, but some work was being done to the supports & track
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

$t£v£

It was a foundation
Lozza

At least they wouldnt have to keep closing the ride mid year and they can afford it.
It has in october
since when had october bin mid season? :-?
:D
$t£v£

I said mid season becase it was in season
Ian

Please do not use the forums to ask such questions like 'Where in Bolton are you from' as none of us really give a tout where, as macny has said use the PM function.
Anonymous

ermm... Welcome to TTF?

The foundations are fine, if there were any problems H&S would be like Boilng Hot Water on the backside, and thats putting it nicely!
bond231

you can't just change foundations that costs mega you have to take the whole ride apart piece by piece. i think when it does go (many years to come) they will keep a bit of the track as a momumnet like just a little bit hee hee.
Anonymous

[quote=""bond231""]you can't just change foundations that costs mega you have to take the whole ride apart piece by piece. i think when it does go (many years to come) they will keep a bit of the track as a momumnet like just a little bit hee hee.[/quote]

lol,
All they have to do is put temp supports up to hold the section of the track thats supports foundations need changing. Take out the concrete and put down new concrete then remove the temp supports and off you go.
(above isn't as easy as it sounds but you don't have to take it all apart).
bond231

opps sorry, but still it would cost a bit and take a while to do.
Dave

its not that uncommpn for foundations to be replaced...it would probobyl be cheaper to replace foundations and bits of track than it woudl be to remove the ride when u take into acount demolision costs and lost income, also consider how much it will cost to fill in that pit!! if they dont they are very limited in terms or replacment rides.

Lifespan wise shes probobly got a life expectancy of 25-30 years... those are roughtly what most sttructured these days have... so i can see nemmie being there for a long while yet... she still draws a big crowd after all. last time i went we saw them queueing up down the side of the first drop. i dunon about anyone else but i find it hard to tell whats badly looked after and whats themeing...

incidentaly when she does get closed i want one of the metal plate things with the numbers on above the loading bays!!! :P
Anonymous

She always closes round September time for a short while to have essential maintenance done on her - I can distinctly remember it happeni

She's getting old and when the Hallowe'en Spooktaculars and the fireworks come around, she'll be doing 12 hour shifts AND it's busy - best to get any essential maintenance out of the way before she decided to completely conk out on them during the season finale!

:twisted: :P
Anonymous

[quote=""assume the position""]its not that uncommpn for foundations to be replaced...it would probobyl be cheaper to replace foundations and bits of track than it woudl be to remove the ride when u take into acount demolision costs and lost income, also consider how much it will cost to fill in that pit!! if they dont they are very limited in terms or replacment rides.

Lifespan wise shes probobly got a life expectancy of 25-30 years... those are roughtly what most sttructured these days have... so i can see nemmie being there for a long while yet... she still draws a big crowd after all. last time i went we saw them queueing up down the side of the first drop. i dunon about anyone else but i find it hard to tell whats badly looked after and whats themeing...

incidentaly when she does get closed i want one of the metal plate things with the numbers on above the loading bays!!! :P[/quote]

About the cost of filling in the hole, AT would get payed to fill in the hole not the other way around. We know a bloke who needed his land to be raised by 1 meter so he got builders to pay him so that they could dump there earth on his land.

Good way to make some money.
Anonymous

well they will not remove nemesis is been at alton towers for years and is not going to be removed and is one off the best roller coasters at alton towers :?
Anonymous

[quote=""nemesis guy""]well they will not remove nemesis is been at alton towers for years and is not going to be removed and is one off the best roller coasters at alton towers :?[/quote]

Don't you think people said that about the Black Hole when it first opened? Nemmy will be eventually removed but not for many many years.
Dave

after visiting yesterday and walkin round the top of the lift hill to goin the que i take back anythign i may of said about foundations been fine... the ones at the top of the lift hill are in terrible condition! cracked, bits fallen off! granted the bits that have fallen off are just the geal around the joint but there has be to some movement in there to cause it... might need fixing in a couple of years.

i have a photo if anyoen wants to upload t for me. coz im having trouble with webspace :x