Nemesis removal

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
$t£v£

Will it happen? If so when? or will they replace the track,supports and especialy the foundations which are in abysmal condition.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.
Vik

Nemesis wont be going anywhere for a long, long while, its only 11 years old. It is still amongst the best steel rollercoasters in the world.

Bits of track are replaced on accasions where tests probably show there to be some microscopic cracks.

The ride is in pretty good condition, with the station being repainted, blood falls working again. The track and supports really are not that bad. Just take a look at how bad corkscrew had become by last season to see a sorry state.

Think Nemesis will probably be around for another 20 years or so yet.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

bohoboy

[quote=""entwistlesjd""]Will it happen? If so when? or will they replace the track,supports and especialy the foundations which are in abysmal condition.[/quote]

n expert on roller coaster foundations at 15 are we?
smeg_head

The foundations are fine - fact - it wouldn't open otherwise. YOu can see where one foundation was replaced last year - on the main loop down in the pit. The one foundation on the far side is brand new clean concrete compared to the others.
$t£v£

n expert on roller coaster foundations at 15 are we?[/quote]
did i say "im an expert on rollercoaster foundations" ?
I dont think i did.
You only need to look at the things to see what state they're in. And nearly every time it breaks down there is something wrong with the foundations.
Anonymous

....Whats a foundation??!! :P I actually want to know..lol
Anonymous

actually I think one of the last faults was with the loop.

The foundations are fine, im not sure how/why you think they are in a bad condition but if you have evidence to show us it would be appreciated before statmements that could be slanderous are made.
As far as Im aware nemesis is fine.

Nemmy wont be going any where for a while yet - look how long corky has lasted and nemesis is certainly looked after abit better! Id say another 15years min or until they re-design the whole of FV which wont be for a long time yet.
Anonymous

A foundation is where the track supports are bolted onto.

Ive never heard of nemesis breaking down due to foundation problems. If there was a foundation problem surely they would have to be replaced
Gashead

[quote=""CORKY11245""]....Whats a foundation??!! :P I actually want to know..lol[/quote] Foundation is a concreate base which holds up buildings supports etc...it takes the most weight and is thew most crucile part of a builiding/ride...they are made of concrete and genrally have steel inside for extra support woo hoo something i can say from my job
macny1

You only need to look at the things to see what state they're in. And nearly every time it breaks down there is something wrong with the foundations.[/quote]

nah if there was something wrong with one or more of the foundations the ride would be closed and the foundation either strenghtened or replaced otherwise the ride would be unsafe this would mean the ride would probably be closed for days even weeks until the work has been carried out and checks and tests have been done i dont remember this happening so i think the foundations are fine!
themeparkdude

well, I think it will have gone in the next 30 years, but it could just be left as a thing to look at?
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

smeg_head

[quote=""themeparkdude""]well, I think it will have gone in the next 30 years, but it could just be left as a thing to look at?[/quote]

Alton wouldn't waste space in that way - that's a huge area to just have as a pretty monument. Anyway why is everyone so obsessed with Nemmy's best before date? I have a feeling she'll outlast many members of this very board. There are coasters around well into 3 figures in age - why shouldn't nemesis become one?
bohoboy

especialy the foundations which are in abysmal condition
You only need to look at the things to see what state they're in. And nearly every time it breaks down there is something wrong with the foundations.
This is, potentially, a libelous situation. You cannot make claims like that, what you are saying is potentialy damaging to Alton Towers and especially as they are not true.
Health and safety has become one of the worlds top priorities in recent years, not just because of duty of care to customers but also because of the really sudden growth in accident and personal injury law firms. If there was anything remotely or potentially wrong with Nemesis' foundations or any other part of the ride, it would be shut down immediately.
If you had posted your "facts" in a more public place AT would be well within their rights to pursue legal action aganist you for those comments, they probably would be within their rights to do so anyway regardless.
May I advise if you don't know anything about the subject that you don't say anything at all.
$t£v£

Nothing i say is meant as slander and i agree with you. They do sort out the foundations but i think they should be changed every year not just touched up.
Anonymous

Changing them each yearwould cost money when they might not need replacing as they are fine or it wouldnt be operating
$t£v£

At least they wouldnt have to keep closing the ride mid year and they can afford it.
$t£v£

I did have a picture once of the foundation on thr tight helix it had been reinforced with concrete from when it had a hair line fracture in october 2004
Anonymous

[quote=""entwistlesjd""]Will it happen? If so when? or will they replace the track,supports and especialy the foundations which are in abysmal condition.[/quote]

The foundations may look old and green on the outside but they are as strong as ever. You can't say they are in bad condition by looking at the outside.
macny1

[quote=""entwistlesjd""]At least they wouldnt have to keep closing the ride mid year and they can afford it.[/quote]

they dont have to keep closing the ride mide year! there is nothing wrong with the foundations on nemesis!
$t£v£

where abouts in bolton are you from