TTF meetup - 2nd / 3rd July

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Ian

LOL Adz!! Wanna cyber tbh omg??!!!?>

Craig said you were all thrown out of the campsite, naughty TTFers! :P Glad you all had a good one.
stokywolf

the thing was they were having a go at these 50 yr old people telling them to go sleep, and even shouted at a guy for snoring. I didnt stay ion the friday, but the place seemed like a concentration camp. The place we stayed last night Quarry camping and caravan park just outside of Cheadle that was brilliant place, could hear a rave going on couple of mile away Was a bit of a pain for the people who were still awake or didnt sleep like a baby.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Gashead

OMG whata great weekend, im sure kaycee will do a tripy, that was the best one ever!!!

:drunk:
Jnewcombe

What a great weekend ! , will do a trip report later on tonight or tomorrow .

peace out . .

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!
Vik

Just got back now, me & dstone queued for RITA last thing, and it was absolute murder getting out the car park. Sorry I missed saying goodbye to you all, everyone all of a sudden vanished.

Great to meet some faces I havent seen before, Ade, Jnewcombe & brother, adz, and also lizbeth who popped down to the camp site for an hour or so on Saturday night, as well as all the usual faces. Appologies if I've missed anyone.

Not doing a trip report just yet, I'm knackered, and I'm sunburnt. But had an excellent few days, even if the first camp site was memorable for all the wrong reason. "This is a local camp for local people.......weeee'll have no trouble here!!"(tubs voice!!).

Hope to do it again somtime.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Nuke

Sorry We missed you, Great Weekend Thanks all
Adz
Admin
Admin

Another picture: only TTF meetup attendee's will understand part of it.

Jnewcombe

lol good pic adz

"legs right back!"

Jon
sammie04

oh wow what a weekend my report will be up soon and keep the pictures coming adz :D
Adz
Admin
Admin

Some of the group, the others were in more of a hurry to get to the campsite (i'm sure this will be explained later)

I'll post my report soon.
Udder

Just been to AT, 3rd July! What a fantastic day!!!!!!

Looking at the pic above I did see one or two of that group.

The q's not to bad at all, the worst was Air, 1 hour 15 mins but then it was 2:30pm! Got a bloody tan though! It was mine and my mate Paul's first time on Air and Nemises and wow what have a been missing all these years. We took lots of footage of the day and i'll post the link as soon as i've edited it.

Wanted to do Rita (so to speak) but the Q was stupid so we didn't bother.

All in all a top day out, we'll be going again in the next 2 weeks.
PS: Should your head still be spinning at midnight?
PPS: Spent 2 hours searching for the chained tree....found it, it's Huge and eerie!

RIDE RUNDOWN (in order)
:D
Hex straight on
Minetrain straight on
Duel straight on
Air 10 mins
Nemmy 30 mins
Obliv 40 mins
Hex 20 mins
Air 1h 15mins
Nemmy 30 mins
Nemmy 5 mins
Air 5 mins
stokywolf

oh my gawd, iv had like not enough sleep im absolutly shatterd, me business teacher has just told me go medical room and go home, i really need sleep. i had to refuse, and i gots me english copursework presentation next, im screwed. :lol: .iv come on here for the last 5 mins. im knakerd
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

PART ONE! (I'm sorry) :lol:

TTF Meet Up – 1st/2nd/3rd July 2005.

Where do I start? Well, it all began when…*haziness and dreamy sound*

Craig and I arrived at the Star caravan/camping site around 3:30pm. Parked in front of the main gate barrier, and I got out to go check in.
Now first of all, they did not have my name down, despite me booking over the phone a week prior to arrival (they actually had a McMahon down with 2 kids, but it was a different phone number as well :lol:). But they were prepared to book us in anyway, which was OK.
I was given a small rectangular yellow card with ‘The Rules’ on (very formidable, as we came to find out) and told to read it and abide by it at all times. I thought this was getting a little strange, but read it anyway, and then was told to take it out to Craig in the car where he was to read them as well.
Did that and came back, and was then told to turn round, go out the gate, turn left and go 3 miles down the road to a campsite that was more suitable for my ‘type of people’. I was stunned, and like ‘WTF!’ in my head and I asked ‘why??’, and was told by this increasingly grumpy receptionist with a horrible face and smug smile that I just wanted to punch off his face, that despite Craig reading ‘The Rules’, he had not turned down his music in the car (!!!) I was stunned, felt my heart sinking to the bottom of shoes when I realised that Craig and I would possibly be isolated from the rest of the group at the night-time, so I began to apologise profusely, and yelled at Craig to turn his music down.
Now, Craig’s music wasn’t even very loud, however, his window was wound all the way down, he was parked close to the receptionist’s window and in no way was it one of those booming beat box things - it was a normal level of music.
Craig turned it down, and I explained that we’d had it like that since the motorway, and that we weren’t planning to be playing music actually on the campsite. He sat back in his chair and still refused to let us in. On closer inspection of the rules, I pointed out to him that the ‘all-quiet’ time was at 11pm, and it was only at this time around 4pm. I also pointed out that we weren’t actually on the site at that time. He retaliated with ‘well you’ve just told him to turn his music down and it’s still too loud’, so I got Craig to turn it off, and he did, looking increasingly annoyed. I argued with the receptionist a bit more and promised him he wouldn’t have any trouble, but he just sat back and said his decision was final, he did not take our ‘sort of people’ in. Despite me trying to tell him we weren’t rowdy kids, but responsible adults, I gave up and resigned myself to having to go to the ‘rowdy one’ as he put it.

Got in the car, and Craig said ‘look, there’s Wayne behind us!’, and so it was! Stroke of luck (as we saw it then hehe), I dashed to his window and explained the situation, he was like ‘What can I do about it?’ and I said ‘Tell him you work at AT’, and so we both headed back inside.
Receptionist twat didn’t look surprised to see me back again, and Wayne set about trying to book in, while showing his AT ID to the man and explaining he would put his job on the line and be responsible for me and Craig if we were to cause trouble. The man said he’d let Wayne on, but not Craig and I. I was finding this increasingly ridiculous that a business could be SO picky with their guests that they would turn down £20 because we had music playing in our car in the afternoon before even getting on site. But we carried on trying to convince him, I got Craig to come out and apologise (fat lot of help he was, ‘I’m sorry, BUT…’ LOL), and the argument got increasingly heated. I pointed out that ball games were banned on the site (!!), yet there was one being played behind us, yet he STILL refused. I was trying to avoid losing my temper at that point, realising that if I did, it would be game over, so I was regularly turning away from the prick to regain my composure. I was also rendered speechless by the man saying to some other man in his office who we couldn’t see ‘gawd, she goes on a bit doesn’t she? She’s like my wife!’, I was so insulted, I just couldn’t say anything, and let Wayne carry on for a while.
He eventually let us on, and said that if there was any trouble from us, we’d be off. We fervently agreed and checked in. Wayne and I agreed that it was his employment at AT that got us on, although my persistence with him even though Wayne was ready to give up and go a few times played a part.

We found ourselves on a large field and we drove right to the back of it so as to make it less likely to be heard from receptiontwat in the night. Started to set tents up…Wayne was very quick with his, Craig and I were both inexperienced and I had to make a call to my Dad for him to help us! After an hour or so, we got our somewhat misshapen-looking tent up, by which time, Vik (nightsin2dreams) had arrived and put HIS tent up, and we regaled the whole story to him. Cue a lot of jokes about the situation and our tent, then we pondered about how we were going to control Matt and Ade when they arrived later that night and if they’d even get in! :P

We chilled out for a while near our tents, drinking a bottle of alcohol each, just chatting, when we noticed a big Jeep pull up to the fence at the top corner of the field, on the road. We laughed that it was checking up on us and that we were probably doing something wrong, then it disappeared and came UP our field towards us, stopping at a tent where there was a barbeque on. Nazi Gestapo man, as Vik and I named him, got out and spoke for a few minutes with the people in this tent. After a while, Gestapo man got back in his Jeep and drove off, and the people began packing away their BBQ.

To be continued...

:twisted: :P
Anonymous

Part 2.

Walked down road to the ‘Ye Olde Star Inn’ about 300 yards away, nearly getting killed by a speed freak as there was no path. The pub was very nice and we sat there drinking and had a nice meal and a chat – us four. After our meal we moved onto the sofas and after a while, Jon and Ian (Jnewcombe and his brother, Nuke), and Ade and Matttttt joined us. Lots of drinks, lots of sexual innuendo and a great laugh was had by all, and Matt did his infamous seagull noises. Everyone had got on the campsite OK as I remember, I think Ade had been text beforehand to warn him.
Left the pub about 1130 and it was pitch black outside. Started to walk up the road to the campsite. Now, we were tipsy, and we were talking and laughing, but by time we got to the campsite, we were quiet. There was little light around and we accessed our field by a gate at the bottom of it and started to carefully walk up. Ade tripped over something concrete (can’t remember what) and was in a bit of pain, groaning and telling people around him in a normal voice (and it’s a big field) what had happened. This is when Park Ranger man made his first appearance. He came after us, got the attention of Ade and told him to basically shut up as we were disturbing people. We were quite shocked at this, as it was a big field, there was no one near us and Ade had not been loud. We were told to go back to our tents and be quiet.

So we walked up the rest of the field to the back hedge where our line of tents was – Ade laughing at my tent. We stood around outside them for a bit (we were relatively isolated from the rest of the camping population and deliberated over what to do – which tent we could all sit in and chat/drink (quietly, we weren’t intending on disturbing people at all, we’re not stupid). As we stood outside our tents talking, and please note, there is ‘a strict all-quiet time of 11pm’ (one of the rules), Park Ranger came up behind us and told us if we didn’t shut up and get in our tents, we’d see the back side of the fence with his foot – his exact words and the threatening nature of them shocked me/pissed me off – he reminded us he could kick us off right then and there – where would we have slept?

Matt started heading towards his tent, saying out loud, ‘well can you recommend somewhere we can go because we would actually like to have some fun’. I almost died laughing at that, trying to keep it in, and Park Ranger stormed over to Matt and asked where his tent was and told him to get in it. He then came back to us, and asked us all individually where our tents were before telling us to get in them and shut up. When he asked me, I pointed to it and stared defiantly at him, he asked me if Craig was my boyfriend and I said ‘yes’, he then said (which I didn’t hear at the time, but when I heard he said it I was speechless), ‘well save any of THAT business for tomorrow night when you’re somewhere else’. So not only did we have a bedtime of 11pm, but we weren’t allowed to talk, nor gather with each other and Craig and I also had restrictions on when and where we could have sex!
Craig defiantly started conversing with everybody about what time to get up in the morning, angering Park ranger even more, and we argued with him that we were merely arranging what time to get up! He finally went, in his big, dark green trench coat, after Ian (he’s about 25 years old, aren’t you Ian?’), trying to talk to him like the mature adult he is and explaining that we were only after a quiet drink and chat, was squared up to in a very threatening way by Park Ranger.

After Park Ranger twat had gone, we stood around, absolutely incredulous and more than a little disappointed, debating whether to stay or go the next night. I was adamant we should go and f*ck the money we’d paid for the next night, but Wayne and Craig were a little worried about the time spent dismantling and putting up the tents AGAIN the next day.
We resigned ourselves to having to get an early night, but as a rebellious thing (ooh get me), I announced I was going to the toilet (ooh!), which was at the bottom of the field. It was pitch black, so Ian and Wayne came with me. Got there, went to the toilet and I came out to find Ian and Wayne surrounded by women and men, all of the 30-50 age gap, although there was this one fit 20 year old there defiantly holding a beer in his hand :P . Wayne had joked with one of them saying ‘oh don’t flush the toilet, you’ve got to be quiet’, and it all came out that these people had experienced exactly the same thing. One woman said to me, ‘I’ve got a 3year old and a 7 year old, sleeping soundly in the tent next to me, yet I’ve had this park manager come up to my tent and give me my second warning because my husband is snoring!’. Another one said that they'd been told off for having their torch on in their tent after 11!

We were gobsmacked and all swapped our stories, one man saying ‘I’m 50 and I’ve been told to go to bed at 11pm!’ It emerged that we had the adults of around 5 families revolting around us, one woman telling us she was best friends with one of the local councillors and she was going to do something about this place.

Park Ranger came up and told us we were going against the rules by, and he actually said this, ‘gathering together and talking’ after 11pm. Everyone has a massive go at him, mostly the woman who’s friends with the councillor. He began talking over her, so she placed her hand on his arm, the way women do when they want your attention. He coiled back saying ‘Assualt! That is assault!’, to which everybody erupted into laughter, even the Park Ranger’s friend who was busy telling us to ‘sssh’ while we were laying into Gestapo Twat. Wayne and I fought for his attention, telling him that we ‘owned’ the best unofficial site on Alton Towers, that we were second on Google results and that after tonight, any recommendation for the Star Caravan Park would be reversed, and as I put it, ‘a damning report on this place will be written and hosted on the front page of this site.’ We asked him repeatedly to tell us what we had done wrong, and he refused to acknowledge us. After a while, he turned around and went away (for good, that night) and we all burst out laughing, me and this woman shouting ‘that’s right! Run away!’

Walked back to our tents, halfway back, Wayne swore he heard Craig’s ‘farmer voice’ even though we’d left him at the tents, and we found when we got back that it was him, and he’d gotten talking to one of the women as they walked back to their tent. We all stood round outside our tents, talking excitedly about what had happened, then called it a night, Craig and I in bed for 00:35am – over an hour and a half after ‘quiet time’.
Slept fitfully and uncomfortably, but no, the tent didn’t collapse round us :lol: I was nervous about Gestapo man returning, but there was no sign of him. Matt and Ade woke us up at 5:30, their tent had flooded and they’d had to sleep in the car and had only grabbed about 4 hours. Matt crawled into the storage area of our tent and tried talking to us, me being half asleep called out ‘Matt, you stink of ****, go away’, to which he replied in an offended way, ‘WTF! You cheeky bitch!’ LOL, that made me laugh. Matt said he could see Gestapo man patrolling the field and going round tents and that he’d been stared at by him.
Soon after, we all got up, and got ready – people laughing at my hair, so I had to go sort it out – luckily finding me a power point in the shower block. We knew Crofty was meant to be arriving around 8:30, so we were giving our McDonalds orders, while planning a quick trip into Uttoxeter for a new tent for Matt and Ade, amongst other stuff.
All piled into our cars, and set off to head out the campsite. Wayne was first in line. The barrier didn’t come up, then uh oh, Park Ranger steps out in his frightening green coat and tells Wayne that he is a ‘tosser’, and asked whether we had packed our tents up. He said no, and we were all told to turn around, pack up and leave. Got back to the tents, I was fuming mad, and ReceptionPrick drove up to us in his car, telling us all off, telling us to get packed up and to leave. I went up to his window and demanded a refund for the coming night, to which he refused. I carried on, and yelled at him, asking him what we had done wrong. He started to pull away and I screamed at him that he was pathetic and asked him whether he EVER got repeat custom. He pulled up again and other people got to him, I walked around his car and nearly got run over as he reversed. He then drove off. We were left to tidy up, I was fuming mad, everyone was pissed off, I told Craig he was to drive me down to the reception office so I could have another go, but he refused. We all agreed that we’d leave all our mess behind us for them to clear up – something I’d never do, but I was so angry. We packed our tents up, and as I was giving Ade his soggy loo roll that he had somehow kept in our car, there was the suggestion that we rolled it down the hill, but we were stopped. Again, something I’d never think about doing, but there was such a sense of injustice. We packed up, left our rubbish behind, and although I wanted us to roll past reception with our music on loud, but I was stopped. We rolled past reception, the barrier went up no trouble, and we went on our way, leaving me with a lot of unburnt anger.

:twisted: :P
Anonymous

A big thanks to Dave for ringing me and telling me where you were........

(sarcasm)
Vik

Just to follow on the Kaycees review on the boot camp, whoops, sorry the Star Caravan & camping site, we were also followed back from the pub on the Firday night.

As we were leaving, at around 11.30, a 4 * 4 car started up in the car park, or driveway accross the road from the pub. Upon walking passed the main entrance to the site, this same car, at some speed entered the campsite, only just missing me as I was crossing at the time. Originally thought nothing of it, just assumed it was someone trying to get back quick before the gates clossed for the night.

The following morning, near the shower block, the same 4 * 4 drove passed us, and it was being driven by one of the camp wardens. So at the very least we were followed back from the pub that night, whether we were followed there or not I do not know.

To reiterate Kaycees point on us not being rowdy. We were very well behaved, and the worst we were doing was talking, and not even loudly when we returned to the site. Our only intention that evening, when returning from the pub was to gather together in one tent and have a few more beers & a chat, nothing more, as we respected the quiet after 11 rule. What we didnt realise was that quiet meant no talking whatsoever, and no noise, not even snoreing.

The second campsite we went to was much more accomodating, and the man who owned the site was nice & polite, and politely warned us to be on our best behaviour and to keep the noise down after 10.30, which we respected. Why couldnt the staff at Star be the same, instead of being rude & offensive, & dismissive if anyone challenged their authourity.

As it happened this second site (the quarry campsite or something like that!!) was much more suited to us, and despite the fact that we were drinking, talking, bit of fooling around, we were by no means the loudest group on the site, infact I'd say we were the quietest, and everyone was well behaved, and again we abided by the rules.

Anyway more coming soon, the reviews on our experiences of the Star campsite alone is enough to write a book about. :P

Jnewcombe

The park ranger was a complete idiot , We actually did nothing wrong he just had it in for us as soon as we arrived , As nightsin2dreams just said he followed us from the pub which i sound strange in a stalker kinda way! . Im gonna ring star caravan park and ask for are money back for the day we didnt stay, Because he is technically stealing from us if he dont say yes, and if he refuses we can get trading standards involved if we wish . (40 pounds is 40 pounds its a days wage for most people)

Jon
Vik

Im going to write a letter to them, asking for my money back, it may be only £8, but I paid the money in good faith for 2 nights, and for no reason, bar the fact they didnt like us was told, quiet rudely to leave after 1.

Also, my trip home from AT yesterday just happens to take me past the Star Caravan Park, and indeed some of the pitches that were occupied by us, were now occupied by other tents. So if they had arrived on the Saturday, then they are getting double the money for those pitches.

Lizbeth

It was nice to actually meet some of you lot on the saturday night, after the hour and half round trip to get some food for you all :roll: . Wayne scared the sh*t out of me when I was working on the saturday though - was in a world of my own loading guests in the evening, then this voice shouts "give us a hug then"! Didnt have a clue where your campsite was though, so made Wayne and Crofty come and meet me from work :lol: ! Would have been nice if I could have stayed a bit longer, but a 7.30am start on the sunday...! Hopefully Ill get to meet you all at some point in the future.
\"It\'s not about winning or losing; it\'s about how drunk you get\"!
Anonymous

So you all had funa t the camp site then?