TTF goes south.... 1st August 2005 - Be there or be a square

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Dobbo

Adz, just to let you know, i hope i wasnt treading on your toes when i posted this topic- it was actually a request of nates and several other people who have connections with this hotel who asked me to drum up some interest.
TowersTimes founder and owner 2000-2003
Please do not contact me regarding this site as I no longer own it!
Satch

Just out of interest, how soon do we need to book a room in the hotel?
Anonymous

Ein guten idee... plus i need to know when to push my dad over the edge and really ask him and tell him i'm going anyway.
Satch

Lol, might be a good idea! Hopefully they dont want full payment before the day, as well, I cant afford that yet :S
Tom M

I recon Adz should do the thorpe trip as he had planned it for a while now.
Adz
Admin
Admin

It doesnt matter... besides i cant be bothered anymore.
Gashead

[quote=""Adz-TTR""]It doesnt matter... besides i cant be bothered anymore.[/quote] :lol: thats the spirit :lol:

Is should be going to with kaycee hopfully...dunno about chessington though
Anonymous

I think we should do Chessington - I've never been and I'd love to ride Vampire and Dragon's Fury. We probably don't need to spend all day there?

:twisted: :P
Satch

Well, Im defintely planning on going, although not to spend the day. I aim to see Bubbleworks, experience Rameses Revenge, and Dragons Fury so as I can compare it to SW. Even half a day would be enough, if you guys want to join me. I think CJQuicksilver is coming too, and maybe Liam
Vik

I've not been to either so I will be up for a trip to chessington too.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Anonymous

I'm definately up for chessington, but like others I might not be there all day as I nned to get back to Heathrow to fly at 7.30 (damn inefficient public transport).
Anonymous

I didnt realise I was such a topic killer. However, I can now confirm I am going to be on this meet up.

I should arrive at Thorpe at 10.05 (Bus 426) or 10.35 (Bus 446) coming from Woking on the 1st of August.
For Chessington on the 2nd of August I'll be arriving at Chessington South Station at 10.19 and then however long it takes to get from there to the park. I will have to leave Chessington about 4.40 to make my flight home.

And I look forward to seeing you all finally.
SW-Dave

I can drive down to thopre, its less than an Hour from where I live

Whats the date and where in the park shall we meet?

Im comming fro the Wycomce/Oxford area via Windsor so if anyone wants a lift, id enjoy the company :D
Anonymous

Living so far away from alton towers finally seems good!! Am next door to TP and CWOA so as soon as the date is confirmed can go to both wooohooo. (am determined to make the most of the annual pass this year.)

Have been recently and slammer is definately worth it can't wait to get back on it, am yet to get on rush and can't wait, they were testing it and it looks pretty good
Anonymous

the date is confirmed, read through the entire post :)
Anonymous

CJQuiksilver - yes on both accounts although you will probably have to change at clapham junction. it's no more than a 10 min walk to the park although if you come in the height of season be prepared to be squashed onto a pre-nine am train with lots of london commuters to get to to the park in time for opening. theres a travel inn right outside the park and they are planning to build their own hotel as the skyway will inform you if you go on it
SW-Dave

okedoke, 1st aug for Thopre, when and where are yall gonna meet in the park? should we exchange numbers tohelp us all get together?
Anonymous

Miss VH, thanks for you advice, i could have done with it earlier but I have it all sorted now anyway.

I'm coming from heatrow to woking on the SWT Railair service and continuing to Thorpe by another bus (stated above). I'm returning to woking to stay at the pre-arranged hotel (The Metro).
From woking on the 2nd I'll be taking the train to chessington via wimbledon. And to retun to heathrow I'll be going by train to woking via wimbledon and to heatrow on the SWT Railair.

I cannae wait to go to Thorpe and Chessington having just been to lamealot, sorry camelot... certainly no comparisson to any tussaud attraction.
Anonymous

Are you coming ? Not sure
How many nights are you staying ? unsure
Bringing a mate ? no I have none
How are you getting to the park(s)
Are you up for bowling / chinese ? yes

Ok after the unfortunate event of missing the last AT meetup at the last min, I want to see you guys in the flesh and ive never been to chessington or thorpe so id love to go.

Quick couple of problems tho, I know Im being a tempory landlord for 2 weeks in august which I should find out tomorrow or saturday (need to see area manager). Also im unemployed at the moment and finances are abit poor so if someone wants to share a room with me id happily share the cost.

Can someone give me an idea of the cost of the weekend?
Hotel x 2nights - £40/80
Return Train from Meadowhall - £40 (guess site is down)
Park Entry x 2 - no idea
Food / Beer - £60

Looks pretty expensive can someone be more accurate?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Park Entry x 2 - no idea
Would be £28 x 2 = £56 or if you book online £25 x 2 = £50.