TTF goes south.... 1st August 2005 - Be there or be a square

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Crofty

[quote=""oldgitBEN""]

Looks pretty expensive can someone be more accurate? [/quote]

yeah, you'll need £80 for beers at least!

I will share a room with you , you old git (if you want)

BOOK IT AND I WILL COME! lol

:D :D
Anonymous

ok so sharing a room with crofty and tickets would be £90 to start with then its £30 for the train if I make 4 changes and it takes just over 4 hours too.
Financially Im really struggling - might have to give it a miss.

Let me see when Im landlording a pub and if its before I'll have loads of money and might be able to.

I'll let you know.
Anonymous

Before anyone advance books.... (like me) Just pre book Thorpe, its £25 online (£29 offline) then the ticket itself has a £5 voucher when you go to any other tussaud attraction, so if your going to Chessington you save more buy using your thorpe ticket to get £5 off, saving more than prebooking, £28 (£29 online)
Jnewcombe

myself and nuke will be coming down for the meetup . .

just gotta book the holidays off

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!
stokywolf

I should be able to come down on the first, just gotta nag me parents for some money for train journey there and bacl, i gotta get thorpe again :D
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Vik

Whoops forgot about this deffo for the thorpe trip, unsure about chessy, depends if I stay the night. Seen the post by Nate about the hotel on page 1, but havent phoned for prices yet, got a feeling it may work out a bit expensive.

Should be driving down, though looking in to the possiblility of train travel, unless I can get that awful squeeking noise from my wheel sorted before hand. More expense :x Oh and I need some brakes aswell :shock: .

If anyone needs a trip down south as I'm passing by anywhere off the M53 M56 M6 M42 M40 let me know, give me a reason to drive, boring otherwise, but better than being stranded in the middle of nowhere or an hour long diversion on virgin trains.

Really need to get myself sorted on this one, also...any good campsites nearby????????? :lol:

Just browsing the metro hotel website, and the prices stated are 54.95 for sunday 31st July & 79.95 per room for monday 1st August. Im basing this on the fact we are visiting Thrope park on 1st August, so travel the day before, stay Fri/sat night and visit chessy on 2nd.

Though there is a phone number on page 1 of this thread, and gotta ask for caroline or ed for preferential rates so best give them a ring sometime. Anyone wanna share bring the cost down a bit, otherwise could be a dear doo :-(
Last edited by Vik on Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Martin1

Put me as a maybe, I would stay 2 nights, but im still very unsure. Anyone can gimme alift from liverpool lime street or manchester picadilly would be a huge help, if not, trains it is.
haydn!

[quote=""oldgitBEN""]ok so sharing a room with crofty and tickets would be £90 to start with then its £30 for the train if I make 4 changes and it takes just over 4 hours too.
Financially Im really struggling - might have to give it a miss.

Let me see when Im landlording a pub and if its before I'll have loads of money and might be able to.

I'll let you know.
[/quote]

Have you tried looking on Midland Mainline for prices? They do Sheffield, London, via Derby and im sure it aint that much. :)
Anonymous

Errrr, the Monday is what's getting me and Craig :-S We know it's a Bank Holiday, but Craig has work on the Tuesday, and being the bugger he is, won't book it off.

We're hoping to stay the Sunday night and being around Monday....who else is staying on the Sunday?

:twisted: :P
clorley.wanadoo.co.uk

Count me in. I've never been to thorpe park and really want to go on collosus and nemmy inferno. :D
Vik

In all likelyhood, I will just be travelling down for the day now, gonna be a long day though, having to set out at 6am to arrive for around 9.30 ish. Just cant make my mide up yet whether to travel down on sunday, taking the train.

Decisions decisions :?
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Anonymous

count me out, finances in a very poor state and im busy too.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Ok ladies and gentlemen roll up roll up for further information...

the time is approaching fast and a small few minor details need sorterising.

Thorpe Park

Day 1 Monday 1st August:

Meeting Place

2 meetup points and times throughout the day i think.

9:00-9:30 outside park entrance for the people arriving early

11:00 infront of X: No Way Out for late arrivers.

Other Essential items

4Pack Fastrack! This is a MUST if you wish to enjoy a full day at Thorpe Park. These are sold at admission desks for £4 or £6 (prices subjectto change) Price depends on a further option (read below).

Freakshow!

Thorpe Park currently has the Frightening Spooky Haunted walkthrough maze open. This costs an additional £3 per head (prices subject to change) or is included in the £6 4Pack Fastrack ticket (saving £1) This attraction is not suitable for people who get scared easily (Kaycee :wink:) So some may wish to miss it out, But i urge everyone to go in it as it really is a fantastic break from the normal rides.

-------------------------------------------------
Anonymous

Harumph. The zombie face was scary and I did not want to look at it!! ;)

Craig and I shall be there...we'll be staying the Sunday night in the hotel if other people are...:-?

:twisted: :P
Satch

OK, Im having second thoughts about things. Im definitely going to Thorpe, and hopefully Chessington, but I dont think I will be staying in the hotel as I cant afford it nor the night out. Connor - I will talk to you later if you have already paid for it. Im seriously broke, and although it sounds fun, I cant be certain of doing anything until I have a job.

So far, I am definitely going to Thorpe on August 1st. No hotels, no nights out
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

hi all, i MAy be able to attend. as i am in london for the cricket on the 30th so i MAY hang around london till the 1st, the thing that is sgettin me is the hotel, i'm looking at like 100 quid as i will have 2 stay inb london :( may c u there, not sure thougth

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Anonymous

y wud u have to stay in lodnon ?
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

well, ok i woden't. but my mum would prefer that i stayed in the center

Doce anyone know if there is a nice campsgight around thorpe?

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Joe-07

Yes there is one in Chertsey which is where Thorpe Park is.
Joe-07

Apologies for the double post but i have found a link for you guys for the campsite in chertsey.
http://81.144.251.131/SF_SiteFinder/Sit ... lerTent=-1
Hope you have fun!

EDIT: Just hit the Edit button on the top right of your post. :D - Kaycee