TTF goes south.... 1st August 2005 - Be there or be a square

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Dobbo

So we have had numerous visits to Alton Towers this season, but this summer it is planned to have a southern meetup- involving Thorpe Park and possibily CWOA!

This should give us an opportunity to meet some of the southern members who cannot make it to the Alton meetups. The trip is in early planning stages, but as an optional extra will include an overnight stay in a hotel which the TowersTimes team have connections with and a drink or two in an underground bar.....

flag any interest here :)
TowersTimes founder and owner 2000-2003
Please do not contact me regarding this site as I no longer own it!
Satch

What dates is this trip being planned for? Wasnt Adz organising the Thorpe trip, plus a few people were going at start of august I think...
Dobbo

well it was nate and ian who first approached me- as nate has some sort of contacts at this hotel / bar where we can stay.

Couldn't give dates - around july/agust time. I was just asked by nate to see what kind of response we get.
TowersTimes founder and owner 2000-2003
Please do not contact me regarding this site as I no longer own it!
Martin1

I would liketo do it, just need more details really.
Vik

Yep count me in, really need a visit to the southern parks not too fussed on dates, long as I have a couple of weeks notice just in case I need to sort out any holidays
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

TenZero

I wouldnt mind coming, much easier for me to get to.
Satch

Sounds good. Id go, if the date was OK, although I probably wouldnt do the hotel.

Perhaps joining this with the original trip planned for August 1st by a few members off the board?
gnomey

i'm interested in this meet...would stay in a hotel aswell. But before i decide i would need to know when it is..how much etc because if its july i'll have just come back from holiday and have no money.

Would probably have to bring my sister as well.

Nicxxx
Anonymous

I'd do this...weekends would be essential, but I'd do the hotel thing! :) Sounds great fun!

:twisted: :P
Adz
Admin
Admin

Wasnt Adz organising the Thorpe trip
Oh yes i was, but nevermind about me. Afterall i'm unimportant, just a mere little member not worthy of noticing. Or so some seem to think so.
Satch

Satch has an idea...

People seem to have agreed that august 1st is a good date. Many of us were planning to go on August 1st anyway, so it makes sense to turn this into the TTF goes South trip.

Others (ie me) were ALSO happy to go at a later date with the trip that Adz was GOING to be organised. Its not fair who this seems to be overshadowed by Wayne's suddenly organised trip. I see no reason why a second trip, as official as Wayne's trip for TTF, be organised. Perhaps a little later than August? How about during Fright Nights?
Adz
Admin
Admin

This one is best done on the 1st August...

As i will be there on that date.
Anonymous

Right folks. I have previously said I could go on TTF trips but this one is one I'm determined not to miss.

The others I had logistical problems but as Thopre is closer to Heathrow than Alton to any airport it'll be no problem. Plus I could make it a day trip too, 8 flights to belfast and back a day so theres no problem and short of living near thorpe I could be one of the first there as I'd be arriving at heathrow about 8.30am. The problem with the alon trips is its so hard to get there and back in a day without a car and the hotel is so expensive for me.

I have been talking to Adz about this too and I feel the 1st of August is a good day (I was thinking the end of july for a wee trip of my own but I'll come along if its ok).

If anyone is making a list please put my name on it for definate. In the next week I hope to have my flights confirmed and be bouncing off the walls with excitment.
(Wayne its now also a chance to meet the northern members that cant get to alton, lol)
Anonymous

ok folks:

hotel infos:

Big Apple Woking, its about 15 mins from the park... Metro Hotel - Ask for special rates arranged through Caroline and Ed - thats my sister and the ops manager of the hotel... contact details

Metro Hotel
Crown Square
Woking
GU21 1HR

01483 727100

there are only 26 rooms (all available atthe mo) lets do a TTF takeover!!!

=D

nate x
Anonymous

Thanks for that info nate :D
Satch

Wont be staying in the hotel, but will only be down the road, so I wont miss out on the fun! Lets get a list together of who will be going then.

Anybody up for going to Chessington the day after?
Nikki-

Hey Guys!!

im up for this if i can get the time off work!! I live close to the hotel in Woking so am willing to meet up with people and travel up together! I obviously wont be staying in the hotel but would be willing to come back and get drunk on all ur room bills ehehe!

Let me know more details asap so i can book the day off work!!

Nikki xx

Dont hate me cos im beautiful, hate me cos your boyfriend thinks so too
Anonymous

I agree staying another day could be fun, but is there an estimated price for the hotel?

And someone said about going to Chessington, is there gonna be a possibilty of a lift on that day and can anyone recommend any public transport routes (I'll need to get back to heathrow from chessington).
Adz
Admin
Admin

I could easily do chessington the next day. no hotel necesary.
Adz
Admin
Admin

CJQuiksilver

There is a train station right outside chessington itself. Are there any trains that go to heathrow?