TTF goes south.... 1st August 2005 - Be there or be a square

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Jnewcombe

me and nuke wont beable to make it now i couldnt get the time off work and im kinda low on funds atm , srry guys

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!
Adz
Admin
Admin

Last few days to go now...

I haven't got time to read through the whole topic so can whoever is definately going can you post below please. i will edit this post with the final list.

Confirmed:
Adz
CjQuiksilver (+Brother)
David186 (+Sue)
Nightsin2dreams
Last edited by Adz on Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
david186

i will b there on monday with sue aswell
Vik

I will be there too, look slike I am set for an early start, and I am loking in to a route to avoid the rush hour traffic on M40 & M25
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

SW-Dave

[quote=""Adz-TTR""]Ok ladies and gentlemen roll up roll up for further information...

the time is approaching fast and a small few minor details need sorterising.

Thorpe Park

Day 1 Monday 1st August:

Meeting Place

2 meetup points and times throughout the day i think.

9:00-9:30 outside park entrance for the people arriving early

11:00 infront of X: No Way Out for late arrivers.

Other Essential items

4Pack Fastrack! This is a MUST if you wish to enjoy a full day at Thorpe Park. These are sold at admission desks for £4 or £6 (prices subjectto change) Price depends on a further option (read below).

Freakshow!

Thorpe Park currently has the Frightening Spooky Haunted walkthrough maze open. This costs an additional £3 per head (prices subject to change) or is included in the £6 4Pack Fastrack ticket (saving £1) This attraction is not suitable for people who get scared easily (Kaycee :wink:) So some may wish to miss it out, But i urge everyone to go in it as it really is a fantastic break from the normal rides.

-------------------------------------------------[/quote]

Is anyone gonna give out a mobile number so we can ring and find each other?

I would give out mine but Im not sure if im gonna be able to get there
Adz
Admin
Admin

Chessington for those attending: meet up point will be Dragons Fury Entrance at 12:00

Thorpes are

9:00-9:30 outside park entrance for the people arriving early

11:00 infront of X: No Way Out for late arrivers.

**************** edited
Anonymous

oops... i missed the last 2 pages of this topic

I hope you all had a good time, all 6 of us plus Nate. I was good fun.

My favourite ride of the last 2 days was Nemesis Inferno and the run Sue and I had to do to get one last ride on it. I fcuking love thorpe park, it owns alton for thrill rides.

Anyway I'll be making a review section on my own site *cue shameless ad* AT-AIR.CO.UK one of the newest and freshest Theme park sites around. *end shameless ad*..... I know its laking in content, I've had a rather busy summer so far but never fear it will be done and my post made.

PS Thorpe makes lamelot look like Tamelot, just like Planet Fun Bangor does!
Vik

Trip report for Thorpe Park & Chessington 1st, 2nd August.

Those Present

Thorpe Park

Myself, David186, Sue, CJquicksilver & Brother, ADZ, Nate

Chessy

Myself, CJquicksilver & Brother, ADZ, Nate for an hour or so.

Weater Thorpe Park Raining Early on but brightened up later.
Chessy, Hot & Sunny for most of the day, cloudy at times.

What a great couple of days, my first ever visits to Thrope Park & Chessington World of Adventures.

The day started early on Monday, up at 4am, left at 5am and hammered down the motorways, and met Dave186 & Sue at the end of the M40 at 8am. I then followed them along the back roads to Thorpe Park, missing out the M25. Arriving at just before 9, and waiting 30 mins for the place to open.

Noticed a lot of security around the park, and a metal detector, or was it a chav detector :) ???. Plenty of teenagers inthe park, and everyone was very well behaved.

Myself, Dave & Sue headed straight for Nemesis Inferno, which was just testing, and opened a little bit late.

When opened we then preceeded to have as many goes as possible in a short space of time, with help of the single rider queue. I managed 4 times, Dave & Sue managed 5 times. More than enough I was starting to feel giddy :-? . Then off for breakfast at Maccy d's. Had a go of Tidal wave and got drenched.

Once we met up with the others, we then sampled the rest of Thorpes delights including Slammer, Samuri, Rush, Collosus, well basically everything really.

Had a fantastic day, Slammer was great, so was Nemmy inferno, but not as good as the grand master of course. I enjoyed collosus too, even if it was a little rough. Especially the twists near the end, in which you hang upside down as it goes through them so slowly.

Another go on Tidal Wave, in the same seat, but got even wetter than earlier.

Second day was Chessy. Arrived at around 9.45, and seen Adz just after the park opened at 10. Straight on to Dragons Fury which had just opened. Much better than Spinball IMO. Then we did runaway mine train, which is shorter, and less intense than Altons, then Rattle snake in which I managed to get winded by the sharp breaks, and had a reride on it.

CJ, his brother, & Nate, who popped down for an hour or so then arrived.

Went on the Bubble works which was great fun, especially the water fountains at the end, which was a good oportunity to soak each other, and also dragon falls.

After Nate had left, we then continued around the park, riding on Billy whizz, great ride, much better than ugswinger, and you get drenched too.

Had a go on tomb blaster, but not all the effects or targets were working, which made for a very uneventful end to the ride when we stopped for the Grand finale, and there was, well nothing to shoot. Managed 10200 on it anyway.

A ride on Vampire was called for, this had probably the biggest queue of the day, around an hour. Very impressed with the station, the ride itself, well the first part was a bit lame, but after the 2nd lift though it was great.

The black bucaneer is everything I remember about a pirate ship, goes much higher than Blade, and was really great fun.

Shortly before CJ & his brother left we managed Dragons fury using single rider queue, which was no more than 5 - 10 mins at most, even though it had broken down when we joined, and also another go on Rattle Snake.

After CJ left, myself and adam headed for hocus pocus, which I really enjoyed. Then it was just a case of rerding then, getting wet again on Billy wizz, another go on the mine train, Dragons fury, then to Black Bucaneer for the last rides of the day, with pelenty of reriding.

Again had a fantastic day. Left at around 6.30 and made the long journey home.

Hard to say which park is best really, Thorpes got the thrills & the spills, Chessy's may not have them but its got the Atmosphere, very clean, and is really good fun. Really enjoyed them both.

Uppers , well everything really, couldnt really fault it.

Downers. The weather when I arrived on Monday, was pouring down, and I hadnt brought a coat, the forcast had said sunny intervals. Did brighten up though later.

Having to go home :-( , and then getting petrol from the near by BP garage which was 91p a litre (ouch!!!!!).

Hope to go again sometime, shame its so far away.... :-(

bond231

cool, glad you had fun. did you go on Ramaseys Revenge (sp??) at chessington?
Vik

Nope it was out of action, shame, looking foward to a good soaking on it. :(