Scary Rides -Post your ideas here!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Stevie_Cee

Those ideas are all great! WOW!! I dont have the imagination to write my ideas, so i may just have to draw them! :D Watercolour or pencil? :lol:
CGM

No-one seems to of posted here for a while so I thought that I'd better do a new one.

The ride would be built on the corner of Cred Street where the bouncing bugs now are. The exterior would look like a rundown circus tent with a mock- up woodie in the background where the track seems to of collapsed some years ago and the train is still teetering on the edge. An old dead tree casts a shadow over the tent.
Over the slanted wooden entrance to the tent is a sign that reads Circe Du Terror.

You enter the tent to find yourself in a queue (groan) that circles the perimeter of the tent. You can hear the wind blustering outside and see the decrepid ring and wooden stadium style seats which have rotted and in some cases collapsed. In the ring, the lion cages lie open and rusting and a trapeze continualy swings and creaks. All kinds of deums and instruments are piled against the back wall of the tent covered in dirt from the decades of being left untouched. Groups of people are let through an old iron gate at a time and you proceed down some wooden stairs under the stands to the preshow. You find yourself in a small warmly lit room where there are pictures on the wall of the circus back when it was running. A gslamp hangs from the cieling. and there is a door that leads to elswhere on the left.

When everyone is in the room the door closes behind you and grough voice from the other side of the door coughs "Who's that? What you doin' 'ere? If youv'e come t' see the circus then you're out of your mind. No one ever comes to see the circus. Anyone who does never comes back. This is the cirus that never left. You've never heard abou' it? Well I'll tell y' then. I was the circus cleaner y' see. A long time back mind. When the circus closed fifty years ago, I tried to get a job somewhere else but I couldn't. So i jus'carried on livin' here an' I can tell you I've seen some very strange things while I've been here which I won't go into now.
Anyway, fifty years back we was coming to this town to set up. We'd never been to this town before see so we were new to the place. When we were settin' up we were on this wasteland see, this man came up to us. He said, "You'd best not set up here. This place is cursed." We just laughed at him an' carried on. He pointed at the houses. "look" he said "why do you think that none of those houses were built on here." Once again we jus' carried on. The man walked off and shouted that he had warned us and that bad things would come of us. The day of the first show came but no-one came to see it. they refused to participate. Then that evening, a storm blew up around the circus. The ring leader came running out of his trailor. He shouted "Leave everything, run, get away from here" and everyone did except me. i had no-where to run to and still don't. Something really spooked the Ring Leader that night and although many people have tried to find it, none have come back." The light dims and a dull rumble of thunder can be heard. " So by all means take a look around the circus but do so at your own risk."

Thunder and lightening effects come on very loudly and the door at the other end of the room opens to let everyone file through into a wood-lined building that is once again decrepid. Thunder sounds very loudly overhead and the wind is constantly whistling. You file down a wooden passage and you come to an old faded sign hanging from the roof of the passage surrounded by light bulbs that are covered in dust and that have not worked for years. It says "Dare you ride the Ghost Train?" Behind this is an old cobweb-covered station where the back wall has partly collapsed revealing all kinds of mechanical cogs . In the station is a train simular to the ones used on early woodies. Suddenly an electical whirring sound is heard and the bulbs that surround the sign glow red,the lights in the station turn on, the cogs behind the station turn, sinister music is played and the lap bars on the train ratchet up. You board the train and the train leaves the station and enters into the inky blackness.

The train passes a few intentionally unconvincing anamatronics and then you round a corner and enter a large room where the walls cannot be seen because of the darkness. You stop and a voice echoes "welcome to the Circe Du Terror, the greatest show on Earth" the voice laughs an evil cackle and after a few strobes of lightening you are launched into the darkness. On your way around the track you pass through such attractions as the Hall Of Mirrors where the train ducks underneath the entrance and flashes past a tunnel of mirrors. Tight corners are taken at high speed to produce high Gs and finaly, you hit the brake run.

You exit the attraction by a small tent and end up where you started.

Picture of the ride
http://tinypic.com/fwok0g.gif
Last edited by CGM on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Name: Squirrel Nutty : Part Dead

You enter the ride normally exactly the same as the one there now. You board your car which is like a oblivion train but themed as a piece of wood. You get in and go round the track slowly looking at toy character's of little animals. In like the flume you go up a train lift into a house. There is a bright white shining and little fluffy animals dancing. Suddenly the lights go red and one of the toy squirrel's eyes go red and it say's 'You're all going to DIE' ! All the animal's eye's turn red and do a really evil high pitched laugh. Then all air spirts out at you making you jump. Then the car goes around the corner and there infront of you is a vertical drop. Something like the Hex music comes on and you hang over the edge. At the bottom is loads of sharp spikes which is seen to appear the track runs straight into them. But then the track narrowly turns to avoid the spikes and you're car comes to a halt. The ride is finished and you come of shaking. You now have a phobia of squirrels !
Tom_Skeleton

Nice idea there however I think that it is far too scary fior kiddies and also giving people phobias isn't gonna get the park any good repuations now is it?

Also you shouldn't laugh about having a phobia I myself have one!

:D
bohoboy

as exciting and imaginative as these ideas are they do lack practicallity and would never really make it in the real world for one reason or another but reading themsuddenly made something click in my head.
FACTS
John Wardley has been discrete in his absence and in this quiet time AT got rid of their haunted attraction in favour of an interactive one.
We all know that Mr JW has been an advocate in wanting to bring a next generation dark ride to this country, just like he did with the HH back in 1992.
We now learn that the creators of the next generation of dark rides, Falcon's Treehouse, are currently DEVELOPING an attraction at AT.
JW has also hinted that something exciting and new is coming, although what exactly this is and where it is to be remains unknown.

I personally believe that all these things are connected and in the next couple of years we will see why. These new dark rides are expensive but the cost could be considerably reduced if the attraction was to use pre-exsistinng effects, i.e. the films and programming for The Curse of DarkKastle already exsists and could easily be used again (a clone if you like) and while the rest of the ride would still be expensive it would be reduced. The idea of using the DarkKastle content could easily fit as a new cutting edge Haunted Attraction at AT and like Hex could easily be made to appear to be in the Towers themselves if it were to use the areas behind cred street as a site.
Anonymous

By the way if you havent noticed my story is a joke, im trying to think up one but all the others are to good
Anonymous

I Think that replacing Hex with a much scarier ride would be the best option. Using the towers with their famous history i would use the same theme and call it "Curse" where you use the same story with the tree and the branches but this time during the queing you would watch television screens of people wishing to take part in a secret mission to go back in time to stop the curse the old women sets and see what truth lies behind the curse.

You move into a room where there is a giant screen saying thank you for participating in our mission with the leader of the group being shown on the screen saying everything is perfectly safe. You then walk into the next room where there are trains for 4 people, two in the front two in the back with speakers in the back of the seats. You step on the ride, harnesses come down and then you move into a room looking like a massive laboratory with models of scientists and speaking in the back of the seat are the voices on the screen before saying prepare for countdown etc. You are then given a five second countdown and the ride is suddenly given a power boost like rita with a small screen on the front of the seat showing the years pass back to the time of the curse. it slows down and you see you are in the forest but you know you cant be seen by anyone otherwise you affect the future, mentioned earlier in the screen tutorial etc the ride starts to spin although this is just the scenery making you feel loike you are spinning upside down, using same idea as old hex. Reason of spinning is because you realise you havent gone back far enough and the curse has taken place. You are taken to the castle where the doors open and you slowly move upwards like spiderman with the walls moving to make you feel you are going higher than you are. The doors open at the top and you move into a room with the evil king is there working on experiments. He sees you have trespassed on his ground and the voice of the group leader is heard throught the speakers saying "we were here to stop the curse " etc the king goes mad and falls into rage. The ride turns and you here screams of the leader as he is being tortured by the king. You turn and the king screams "get out and leave my castle while you still can!" Instantly the floor drops and you plummit (hopefully down one of the towers) come to halt then move backwards with water splashing like mud from the forest as you rush out of the forest( using effects like valhalla in blackpool) and a boost backwards as the years go forward ending up back in the lab where you started but all has changed since you saw the king. The future has changed and humans are non existant. Robots are seen in the lab and as you quickly leave the lab to escape the ride then moves out the lab with a voice saying "now you must go back to the right time and change what damage you have done. You have now been cursed!" the ride then eners the station and is over.

Its weird when these ideas just spring up but i find Hex is such a let down after such a good idea to be used. There is a lot to improve on. At least this covers a dark backwards ride with water, fear like a ghost train and a drop from a tower which alton towers doesn't have.
CGM

Please, don't replace Hex. It's one of the best dark rides in the country and has more atmosphere than most. It doesn't rely on tacky scares or an insane ride to make it spooky and that's why it's so good
Anonymous

Get rid of Hex = madness! Hex can never be replaced and i love the way it is!
SweetChinMusic123

Okay, here goes: Ride called Airlock A on site of Submission/Enterprise

From outisde, you can't tell much about the ride. A low, grey building with AIRLOCK A in white lettering painted onto corrugated steel exterior. You enter the building through a 20-yard long tunnel with flexible plastic doors on, as used at entrances to supermarket warehouses. These doors are black/orange striped.

Cattlegrid qeue area with CCTV images & repeating TV breifing about friendly spaceship who broke off contact a month ago, you're here to find survivors and discover why the ships was lost.

Enter clean room.

Greeted by actor who gives group (about 20/30 people) briefing and safety talk e.g. Set phasers to kill, don't depressurize your suit etc. Move into next room

Enter changing room

Assigned jumpsuits in grey/black with laser gun, activated by actor who is posing as 'ship's gunner' safety talk on use of phaser

Enter capsule loading area

Board 6 person capsules with plastic shields over seats. Smoke bursts & broken pipes everywhere, general air of untidiness. broken guns etc. Enter ship through tunnel marked 'airlock A'. Monorail section over room with stars, capsules about 20ft above the ground, enters hole in ships side Marked Airlock A, gun blasts over ship's hull.

Enter Ship

Strange noises abound as you pass through the ship, which is empty. Yuo get attacked by a group of aliens who are about 10 ft tall, 6 legs & extremely sharp teeth. You succesfully beat off the attack and continue through the ship. Over the Tannoy, conversations are played between your capsule and mission control back on board your ship. Suddenly, a body in Uniform drops from the ceiling. Neck broken, eyes whited out and held up by red, mucusy tentacle. As you pass, body drops to the floor and sounds imitating rats sound, showing small aliens swarming towards the body & starting to eat it. Walls of corridor by this time are thick with blood, and bodies become more common. Suddenly, you see a HUGE ALIEN sleepign at an intersection of 2 corridors. As you try to go round it, it wakes up and starts attacking your capsule. You do your best, but it gets the better, of you and shoves you forwards down the corridor. Tannoy message comes through saying 'manouvering thrusters are not responding. At this point, your capsule plunges down a steep shaft on coaster track with a drop angle of about 78 degrees. The capsule then levels out, and you are in the engine room. The aliens mount their last stand, attacking you from every direction. After about 60 seconds, one of the engines blows up and you are told 'you idiots, you've started a chain reaction, get out of there NOW! A roller coaster section follows where you eventually get out of the ship, and it blows up behind you. You are 'tractor beamed' (chain lifted) back into the loading bay where you get off. Go into changing room, remove suits and exit. THE END

Phew, WHAT A RIDE!
CGM

Hmmmmm

Good idea but i think that getting changed into the jumpsuits would be very impractical and wouldn't help the throughput very much
DiogoJ42

Hmmm. some very nice ideas here.
I think the scaryest thing I've been through would have to be at Madame Tussauds itself. 'The Chamber Live'.
It was a walk through victorian lunatic assilum. No tour guide, no animatronic host, just you and ten or so actors. They would run up to you with a syringe at your neck, or flapping the arms of their straight jackets at you. The freakyest one was the guy who just STARED at you from behind his cage (which you had to walk round), only to find when you got to the otherside the door was open!
Thankfully, as I went with two loverly ladies, all the actors locked onto them and left me alone! heheh!
towersdude

The Cave...

this is a water ride like tidal wave - i cant remember the actual name of thje ride. and is situated behind/next to blade, (well the station at least)

Exterior
a dirty rundown wooden pathway into thick trees with mist - you cannot see the queue or the ride from forbidden valley. through the trees along the queue you here whispers, screams and footsteps in the forest and the are special machines which blow cold air silently onto you at certain places where you stand to give you the shivers. eventually you reach an old rundown log hut and step inside to the darkness.

interior
here you find yourself in a dark room with old books, tables and a chair at a desk that has an old flickering lamp, blueprints and and mug of coffee. you wait here before being told to enter the next room in grouos of 20.

preshow
you are now in a room with many shovels, pickaxes and again blue prints. a screen now projects a video telling the story of a cave that was discovered when the earth collapsed revialing a deep, dark hole. Explorers have entred the cave but never returned, voices can often be heard and sometimes the cave can never be found at all. It has intregued so many people, all who have long since disappeared. the screen then goes blank and a secret passage has been revialled which you step through to.

station
the station is dark with small lanterns hanging from the roof, only a single boat is here and you cant see more than a meter or so to where it came from or where it is about to go. you board and leave the station into a dark tunnel before amerging into the woods. You float slowly through the misty trees along a twisty track. You can hear the same whispers, screams and rustling of leaves that you could here from the queue.

the main ride
as you turn a corner you see that you stop next to a hole on the side of a mound - the cave. everyone looks down the hole wondering what will happen, then all at once a scream comes form the cave along with a huge gust of air as the track tips slightly towards the cave making you think that you are about to drop. but then the track levels out and rotates so that you are facing the entrance, then you slowly creep forwards into the cave into the darkness. you can feel and here tricles of water down the walls, then you plunge down a rough track that drops you down the valley (although you cannot see it) slightly tipping left then right to give an out of control feeling whilst small blue lights falsh around you before splashing down into a dark cavern at the foot of the valley. there are many rocks and waterfalls i the cave along side the sounds of whispers. You float gently through the darknesss then turn a corner and begin to climb the lift hill back into the station where you get off (you get off at a different station to where you got on) and pass through a cabin where you see your on-ride photo then emerge along a wooden path on the opposite side of ripsaw.

a bit farfetched but hey [/u]
Anonymous

Doom and Sons please finish Red Mountain House, i need to know what happens!
Peterwittland

Above the door is carved into the stone: The chamber.
. it is really a modified Schwarzkopf Rotor

AT had a Rotor, it was called the Gravitron and was where Submission now is. (I think anyway) It was only in the park a few years.
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!
CGM

Right. Time to revive an old topic I think.

This would probably be built on Cred Street behind Bouncing Bugs.

http://i1.tinypic.com/skyyl4.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/skz0ps.jpg
The exterior as can be seen in the picture is of an old crumbling manor house that has obviously been abandoned for many years. You enter through the rotten oak door and then enter the queue line. This takes you through a rotting entrance hall with a large sweeping staircase of oak with wooden panels on the walls some missing here and there. Portraits stare down at you from high up on the walls and there are cobwebs and dust everywhere. There is constantly slow orchestral music playing quietly in the background throughout the queueline. You pass through a large doorway into the dilapidated ballroom. The dimly lit chandeliers swing from the high ceiling. The plaster coving is falling down as powder and the furniture is covered with dustsheets. An old grand piano sits in the corner and through the gothic window a raven’s cry can be heard. The queue slaloms through this until it comes to a door. The door opens at intervals to let people through.

When you do eventually get to the door you walk inside what would be quite a cosy looking room if it weren’t for the peeling wallpaper and dark musty smell. There is a large open fireplace with a large portrait of a very stern looking man. The room is lit by quite a dim construction halogen light. The door creaks behind you and then slams as it shuts. Out from a corner steps a live actor in a boiler suit and a hard hat. He says “Hello everyone and welcome to Darkspires Manor. My name’s Bill Ford and I’m in charge of the renovation project here. We have only just started work on the house so you may not be very impressed by the work we’ve done so far but it is a long and costly process and we plan for the entire project to be completed in 5 years time.

I will be telling you about the history of the house and how we’re going to renovate it. Now then let’s start with the history of the house. This gentleman up here” he points at the painting “was the last owner of this house and it was really his fault that the house ever got into this state. His name was Sir Ashley Boar. He was a mining tycoon one of the richest people in this county and he apparently left this house one day because it was haunted.

Legend has it that the he knew that his house was built over rich mineral deposits but he didn’t want others to know this. He wanted the riches to himself. Sir Boar was a reputedly greedy man. So it is said that he built a secret mine under this house. When he was mining it is said that he hit an ancient tomb. Rather than leaving it as it was he took all of the riches in the tomb and brought them up to the surface. This is said to have placed a terrible curse on this house and Sir Boar left shortly afterwards.

As to the real reason why he left the house we’re not quite sure but I can assure you that no mine or it’s treasures have ever been found.”

As soon as the man says this, the pipes in the walls begin to creak loudly and then the halogen light goes out. There is an electric hum and the bulbs of the cobweb covered chandelier glow and pulse dimly. A sinister orchestral tune begins to play slowly as a bookcase lowers into the floor revealing an old lift door with a Jules Verne style dial at the top of it. The man seems to have disappeared. The door of the lift opens invitingly.

Inside, the lift is rusty and has a single flickering electric light in order for people to see. The lift bumps and jerks until a bell announces that the lift has reached it’s destination.

The lift does not really go down it just makes slight movements to give the illusion of descending.

You exit the lift and enter the ride station. The walls appear to be hewn of stone. Off the platform to the right is an old looking mine train (which is of course the ride) which the guests will board. Against the back wall in glass cases are the stolen artefacts. Dripping water can be heard in the distance. An electrical hum can be heard once again and the red light on the back of the train flickers into life. Everyone boards the train. A mysterious man comes out from the shadows dressed as a miner and checks the lapbars before the train rolls slowly out of the station and into the mine itself.

The ride system is a more modern version of RMT with Mack’s new more articulate trains.

The train rolls down the track then rounds a corner the hum crescendos into a scream and the train shoots forwards pinning everyone to their seats. Fast paced music begins to play as the wooden beams supporting the mine and the stone walls flash by. The train accelerates and slaloms through the twisting tunnel. A red light is up ahead with a sign that reads “no admittance” The train ignores both of these and then plunges the riders into darkness as it enters the unlit part of the mine. The train suddenly slows down and the music does as well. It slowly trundles through a breached stone wall and the train has entered the large circular tomb. A mysterious light shines down from a shaft in the middle that presumably reaches the surface. The train slowly circles the room. In the centre is a large sarcophagus which seems to have a red light pulsing from beneath the lid. Suddenly the room is bathed in red light illuminating strange faces on the walls. An evil laugh can be heard from somewhere in the room and the train accelerates again along with the music. The train dives and rises left and right flashing past more evil looking faces and then pulls into a sharp helix to end the ride. As the train rolls into the second station the music fades and once again an evil laugh can be heard only in the distance this time.

The riders then leave the ride through what appears to be another mine shaft
sammie04

Great ride idea CGM. Ive just been reading these and their all such good ideas I would never be able to think of stuff like that. All brilliant guys :)
Joe from the IOW

come on doom+sons1988, i really got into that story and i really want to know the ending please, it was great!
For all the Latest News and Media on the Isle of Wight\'s favorite attraction visit . . .

www.behindthechine.i8.com
Joel the Ripper

I love to design rides in my spare time! Ive started one today: Price & Sons Family Undertakers, heres the exterior design I have made...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f70/E ... sonext.jpg

Its a half walkthrough and half track ghost train (alot like Duel but more walking than track), the storyline is as follows....

Price & Sons Family Undertakers were once a well respected buisness, but recently due to the lack of deaths in the local area they have been forced to take matters into their own hands to bring themselves buisness, dare you enter the Undertakers of Price and Sons and 'unearth' the truth of these morbid murderers once and for all!?
SweetChinMusic123

OK, then, to further illustrate on my idea:

The ride is the second in a large, new indoor enclosure that also houses a vekoma sit-down coaster similar to SM:M2. The enclosure is very large, taking up the entire space from the entrance of forbidden valley, behind the oblivion banked turn (the entrance is where enterprise was) and round right up to the site of submission. Andy, yes. Get rid of the jumpsuits. Great ride tho-I'm gonna be doing this for a livin one day