Scary Rides -Post your ideas here!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Crazy Mike

Hey, to keep from lots of new topics, I thought it would be cool to make a topic devoted for your scary ride ideas. I've got several, I'll post them all in a minute! :)
doom+sons1988

My idea going up later, be patient.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
doom+sons1988

Part One : Exterior to Pre-Show

Our story begins in the small hill top village of Red Mountain. Once a peaceful and tranquil, this place has no turned into hell on earth where demons and the undead rise at night midnight to pray on innocent travellers. How this start ? you may ask, well that happened a long time ago.

It was the day before Christmas Eve and the major of Red Mountain was out riding with his two daughters, one eight and twelve through forest nearby the mountain when his eight year old daughter Isabella's horse slipped down a valley and taking Isabella with it. The Major was horrified and rode down into the valley, leaving his twelve year old daughter Maria behind. When he arrived at the bottom of the valley Isabella was not to be seen except her horse lying dead on the ground. Frantically searching for Isabella he shouted for his other daughter to help but he got no reply,she had vanished too.

That night the whole town was up in arms searching for the major's daughters when a terrible storm began to rage and the ground began to shake. Strange noises and groans where heard around the town,forest and mountian, people fled in terror to their homes. To people's horror weird monsters emerged from the darkness, slaughtering the town's people and feasting on their flesh. In the wake of that night of mayhem there was only one surviour the major Henry.D.Goole. Goole was traumatised by the events and tried to flee but soon discovered he could not leave his house, as he had be some how cursed to be imprisoned in his home "Red Mountain House".

The RIDE

Exterior
Red Mountain stands inbetween Katanga Canyon and Forbidden Valley where Gloomy Wood and Duel once stood. A old decaying wooden mansion stands on a small hill overrun with ivy and roots. The windows are all bricked up and a notice stuck on signing "Planned for Demolishment". A cattle grid queue stands in front of the house and you begin your journey by heading through this up into the house.

Foyer
Inside is just as bad as the outisde with the walls rotting away and massive holes gaping in the floorboards. You can hear cat hissing and screeching in the background and things breaking, the smell is putrid.
The stairs also have collapsed and so you turn right into the lounge.

Lounge
As you enter the lounge you notice a animintronic squatter sleeping on the wrecked sofa whilst his portable TV screens "The Truth behind the Red Mountain Myth". This rooms also serves as a waiting area as turnstyle filters 28 guests into the pre-show. A thing to note is actually the house up to the pre-show is lit from outside to give the impression this is just a house in dis-repair.

Gallery(Pre-Show)
In the gallery your notice the skylight above beaming sunlight into the misty room, you notice the portraits have been painted over and a gargoyle faces surround the square room snarling down on. After everyone is in the gallery the door behind slams shut up and the room gets very cold. A large clock hanging above begins to speed up to midnight as the light coming from the skylight dims into night (The Skylight is a screen).The room is then lit with a cold blue light and you begin to notice the gargoyle's faces are breathing out frozen air, something is about to happen. Muffled speech fills the room which contains the occasional scream or cackle then lightning lights the room up for second revealing a hanging body.

The light that concertrates on the body as you realise the body is still alive. It begins to speak but it's voice is croaky due to him hanging.

Henry.D.Goole: Don't be afraid I'm here to help. My name is Henry and I have been trapped here for more than a hundred years by the creatures who haunt this house at night. I tried to take my own life but I soon realised that I'm immortal until these unspeakable beings have been eradicated from this house. I need you to discover what happened to my daughters Isabella and Maria who went missing on the night the demons rose, they may be involved in this madness. Please Save my Soul !

As Henry Goole screams Soul the room erupts into life and the gargoyle faces being to scream and snarl. A door opens in front revealing a dark passageway with a floating candle leading the way forward, you can also hear the screaming of two girls. You enter deeper into Red Mountain House.

Part Two Later
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Anonymous

That's amazing!!! doom+sons1988, the king of innovative ride ideas. You should be a planning officer at the park!!!

I have a few noval ideas. The first is for a replacement ride for Black Hole. It would again be a coaster, an Intamin Ball Coaster, the tent would remain and would be immensly sound proved. The name is kept...

Black Hole: Mssion 2

You queue outside, as you did with the old Black Hole... but inside it is very different.

What used to be the dark narrow corridor is now opened up to a huge room, with cattle pen queueing and closed door's so even if queue's are low you still get to hear the full story in the pitch black room...

"In October of 2004 it was announched the late Black Hole ride of Alton Towers was to be closed, because of big queue's, unreliablity and high cost's. This was nothing but a lie. The truth is that in April of that year a death was announced on the ride. A rider head was seen decapitated and the brack run. The ride was soon closed and secretly investigator's went in to reviel the truth. What they saw defies distription. The hole of the ride had been somehow dismantled. All that remained was the chain lift. The secret behind the death is stil unknown. At the time this was all unknown, and the popular demand lead us to this reopening... but beware. Until the truth is revieled the ride is unsafe. You are riding at your own risk!!!"

The light's come on and doors swing open, to reviel the old station in despare. Scaffolding cover's old bits and basically it looks a mess. You board the new ball coaster trains, and go up that same spiral lift hill which has got curtain up either side so you cannot see any other track, with the lights on. The dim more and more as you are going up, whilst the story continue's...

"The car's on this ride have been changed, as they may have been a reason for the death".

You continue up the lift hill... only to see your worst fear. Infront of it the chain lift has been cut, and no track follows. Never the less you carry on going up

"Not everything was changed though *Evil Laugh*"

The lights dim and you make you way up, but then takes a sharp turn to reviel all the other track, which involves lot's of helixes, air time hills, and a few inversions.

The ride slow's and light come on the show you the next part of the track... which apperas in despare, with cracks and stuff. However the lights dim and you continue on a secret bit of track for the craziest park of the ride.

Then it's over :) I'd write the other one but can't be ar*sed :lol:

Lewis
jpecool

I do have an idea its a raft ride, i will post it later as ive got an english essay to do now. Yay 2 hours of fun! :P

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Anonymous

Ohh my good, i actually thought you were being serious about the death thing for a few seconds. i was pure shaking. how stupid am i, lol :oops:
Anonymous

i would build a toboggen ride like at blackpool through the gardens
Beaver Dude

Wouldn't that ruin the gardens. Plus how is that scary?
Jay12

I have always had an idea for a scary ride, i reckon it would be good for AT aswell.

Its like the haunted house at AT, you walk through for a while, but of course this one will be alot more scarier, abit like TOTT. After your walk through the unknown, you finally come to your coffin shape car.
You reluctently step in and take your seats. You look infront of you, just too see a red curtain, the lights go out, But one, this one will be shinig a white light onto the curtain, it slowly opens up and you slowly roll forwards, curtain closes behind you. And your in pitch black.
You here the odd scream. you here a young girls voice......

" I was born here, my family was a typical family. Until the area was threatned by a storm ( lightning flashes around the room you see the odd zombie face for a second ) The winds became strong, the storm was getting closer. One by one, my father, my mother, my brother was all struck by lightning, i ran to the basement, where i still live from now on, scared of whats above me, i here footsteps, i shout mum, but i get no answer. HELP ME! "

Your then launched at 30 mph straight ahead, with lightning flashing and extremely heavy footsteps.
You launch for about 80 metres, onto a small hill, round a banked turn, then onto a break run, you pause up there for about 5 seconds. You think your outside, as you can see grass below you, and a burning tree in the distance, the sky is black and theres a heave breeze. You look down the track, to see the basement door open. The break release you and you roll down the hil through the basement door and once again u here the girls voice
" HELP ME! "

you go through the basement, with lightning flashing, zombie faces apearing, nasty screams everywhere. You then go back up into the house and you stop on a break run. Only to be faced with 3 zombies walking towards you ( live actors ) . They mumble

" The storm isnt over, its only just begun "

Part 2 later........
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
CGM

My Idea of a dark ride would be this:

The fronting of the ride would be an old abandoned school. It would be situated on the corner of Cred street behind where the bouncing bugs are.

You approach the tall two story building and you can see that the windows have been boarded up.A creeper has grown itself up the grey stone building and the railings are bent and rusting. Behind these railings, nature has taken over the once neat flowerbeds .

The arched door to the school is open and above the doorframe is a sign that says: The Chamber of Horror. You enter the building and you come to a narrow and dark oak panelled corridoor with doors leading into various classrooms on the right and boarded up windows on the left (This is really the queue for the ride). You can hear the wind whistling through the trees outside. You turn a corner at 90 degrees to the first which has walls of stone this time. The walls hold such features as the disused notices board and portrats of old head masters. Gargoyles leer down at you from gothic arches. On one of these arches is a faded wooden sign that reads: To The Assembly Hall.

You enter the hall through a small door and as you enter you find that the chairs have been cleared away. Massive gothic arches span the room and the panneling that goes part-way up the walls is coming off. Cobwebs are littered in every corner ,you can hear dripping water somewhere and the paint is peeling away from the cieling.

Suddenly all the lights go out and an ancient magic lantern starts whirring in the corner. The certains of the stage open revieling a collection of dust covered objects A slide flicks in showing a picture of the school in it's hayday. A deep voice echoes around the room: " Ah, my school what a sight it was to behold. I always wished that I would leave it and now I never have. My story started over a hundred years ago with a certain proffesor Henry Grieg" The lantern flicks to an image of the neatly cut teacher." Henry was a science teacher here at the school long ago. He was very obedient and always checked things with me before doing them. It was because of this that I have become what I am. Henry was always trying to discover new areas of science and among the students he was famous for his detention room where he would send disobedient students." The lantern flicks to an image of the detention room. It was one day when I was sitting in my office Henry came to me and asked if he could do something very rash to try and make a new discovery and if it were better if i didn't mention it to anyone. I agreed and told him that he should do what ever it takes to make a new discovery. this was the worst decision I ever made. A few weeks later I noticed something. the pupils who went to the detention room were not coming back. I immediately rushed down there to see what was happening and it was then that I discovered The chamber." thunder and strobe lightning effects come in "The chamber where Henry had taken students and used them in the name of science as he said. I demanded that Henry took leave of the school and closed the chamber. But it wasn't over there. Bound to my promise to Henry I couldn't tell anyone and even if I did it would be my fault for approving his actions. And so, I have been bound to this school forever." The lantern flicks to a picture of the decrepid school." Please, go down to the chamber, then tell somebody, anybody so that this curse may be lifted." The thunder and stobe lightning comes in again. A small door opens to the left of the hall.

You enter the detention room. It has a low arched cieling and benches against the wall at either side. Upon your arrival a bookcase swivels around so that it lets you past. You enter a mine style cave that appears to be sloping underground. this is a trick as the queue lines gradually sloped upwards. the walls are lined with shackles and you can hear the constant dripping of water. you follow the tunnel until you reach an oak door. Above the door is carved into the stone: The chamber.

this part is the ride. it is really a modified Schwarzkopf Rotor. The door opens to let you into the ride. You enter a round wood-clad room with a dark and dingy atmosphere. In the middle is a surgeon's table with various instruments in slots in the table. On the table are the skeletal remains of a human bound in chains. you are asked by a deep voice to stand around the edge of the room. The lights dim and an orchestral piece of music simular to the one used on Hex begins to play. Slowly, the room begins to spin. as the music progresses it gets faster and with it so does the room. Suddenly the floor and the surgeon's table drops away into a smoke-filled abyss and now the only thing holding you in is centrifugal force. The music reaches a climax and finally, the foor comes back up to meet you. You are let out of the ride by an exit in the opposite side of the room. As you leave the school you see a portrait of a head master and on a plaque underneath it reads: Freedom.

Picture of the school
http://tinypic.com/fwoa36.gif
Last edited by CGM on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauzi

Wow they're all really good. I especially like doom+sons you've all really put a lot of thought into it.
Last edited by Lauzi on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beaver Dude

CGM that's is great and sounds like it would be possible as well. The other ideas are also very good.

Anyway I'll try and think of my own idea themed around an asylum here goes:

Towers Asylum for the mental and criminaly insane the sign above the door read. It was my 1st day of work and after years of sitting in lectures in University I was looking foward to it. The building was not sinister or evil looking but looks can be deceptive...

I entered the building through two plain oak doors and into the entrance hall. Nothing was out of the ordinary except one of the doctors lay perfectly still, not moving or breathing-dead...

I was still recovering from the shock of this when I noticed another doctor sprawled on the floor also not moving or breathing...also dead. I foolishly advanced further into the next room to find more dead scientists. I peered into one of those cold dark prison cells and saw nothing. There was no one in there. I checked the cell and the next and the next...no one, no movement-nothing.

Suddenly I heard a mysterious humming noise coming from the basement. My curriosity got the better of me and in the single biggest mistake of my life I decided to investigate...

2nd half coming when I get some post on how the story has been so far.
Anonymous

You walk in to a dark room and you see this:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/A ... oy/mwa.jpg

Everyone poo's themselves..
mat

Take the nemesis trains, and put them on the corkscrew track... the WHOLE experience (except for the inversions) is experienced UPSIDE DOWN. Now THAT would be scary :D
Last visit to the towers: 20th March 05
Unfortunately, unlike the ball, people do not bounce.
Lauzi

[quote=""Thirst""]You walk in to a dark room and you see this:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/A ... oy/mwa.jpg

Everyone poo's themselves..[/quote]

Hehe, we shouldn't laugh really but oh well. *Laughs more* :tongue:
Last edited by Lauzi on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CGM

Personally, I prefer dark rides without ghost trains on them because they kind of remind you that you are on a ride. That's why I chose to use the spinning room for my ride idea.
doom+sons1988

I think we should have a ideas section on TTF in the vein of Visions Fantastic's "So, you want to be a imagineer ?".
http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/f ... y.php?f=60
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
doom+sons1988

PART ONE:

Designed by Sick and Twisted
Similar Rides: Dinosaur Disney's Animal Kingdom
and Indiana Jones Adventure Disneyland

Exterior:

A large concrete building is situated in the corner of X-Sector. The building has a large leaf emblem placed on it with the words "Nature's Wonders". The queue zig zags around the swampy area below. At one point you pass a jeep nearly submerged into the swamp, occasionally you can hear movement inside then suddenly the jeep shakes violently and a gurgled moan comes from within.

Foyer:

Once you enter the building, you come into a large foyer with muzak playing. The Foyer has seen much better days as you notice massive holes in the celling and walls where ivy creeps through, you can even here the squeeking and scuttling of mice around you. The air is dense and smells of decompsing flesh, this smell will be present throughout the ride. But despite it's sorry state the foyer has remains of order like it's cheery posters declaring Nature's Wonders's intentions as "Committed to saving the earth" and "Making Earth a bit more closer to Eden". There is also a large monitor at overhanging the room with a introductionary video to the labs, the monitor also has large crack right through it.
The queue cattle grids in this room until it gets to a turnstyle which allows 64 guests into the pre-show area at a time.

Pre-show/Station:

After passing through the turnstyle you head left and up some steps and down a corridor into the conference hall (pre-show), strangely the other doors are boarded up. The Corridor is lit by one flickering light in the middle and loud unexplainable sounds scream out as you head down, occasionally gun shots are heard.
You enter the hall by the left onto the balcony. The room is near pitch black with the large projector screen providing a little light, then the video begins. A frenzy of newsbroadcasys occur with news anchors declaring that the recently dead are rising from their slumber and carrying out acts of violence, a task force is searching for surviours in the area but efforts are near pointless. Suddenly the projector burns out and the lights below flicker revealling a huge swarm of zombies reaching up towards you all defening in their moaning. The door on your right opens and you hurry down a flight of steps where you then head down another corridor with windows looking out towards a city scene with zombies slowing moving towards your posistion.
The corridor leads to the lab's garage which is the ride's station. Large jeeps enter accomdating 16 guests each. A marine standing in a dummy control booth tells you that they're trying to evacuate surviours out of the city and these jeeps will provide the excellent mode of transport. As you board the jeep then speed off into the city in a bid to escape.

PART TWO Tomorow
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
CGM

Hey, wait a minute. What happened to Red Mountain House Part 2? Iwas looking forward to it.
doom+sons1988

It's in the pipeline, I kinda forgot about it. Actually I might do that tommorow and postpone City of the dead till Tuesday.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"