Were you ever scared of the Haunted House ?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Themeparksandy1981

In the spider area them things that kepted going up and down with the loud music always made me drop.
Twisted the Clown

Gosh, this takes me back! The sign that says 'Remember that eyes are always watching you' or something along those lines, used to frighten me terribly! I don't think that renovating the Haunted House into Duel did the ride any justice. The occasions where the blasters aren't usable are becoming more and more frequent as time goes on. :/

I'd say the only thing I like about Duel is the soundtrack.
All the kids have random stains on their skin
And if they scratch at all
Their fingers dig into their flesh...
Whose idea was this?
fredward

Indeed I was, I remember when I was a little person, My sister and cousin wound me up before riding it, and me being petrifyed, it was a very very long time ago and all I remember is them winding me up in the queue just around the corner just before the steps that take you into the house, I also remember the dragon right at the end which made me really want me to ride again since I loved Dragons!

Makes me even more disapointed they replaced the dragon with a beam of light! :x
[Archive]

To be fair to them, the dragon was completely busticated.

They should have taken the option to replace it with an equally effective and large scale effect, however, instead of just ripping it out and putting a light in it. :no:

It's good to hear other people's memories of this ride. I wish I had such memories. I do with things like Terror Tomb, but I missed the House by only several months! My first visit was in 2003. :(
A5H

The Haunted House terrified me :P
The first time I went on it was with my friend and his family for his birthday in 1999 and we didn't like it atall :P and then the second time I went with my family and I spent so much time in the queue line trying to scare my younger brother, that I ended up scaring myself and decided not to go on it myself :)
andrewguk

First post here we go...

Yeah the Haunted House freaked me out big time. When I was a kid a was petrified of it.

My Nephew has the same problems I did! :twisted:
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Didn't they remove the Dragin becuase it kept falling off?

And for the record, I never got to ride it.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Anthony

I first went on it in 1998 and remember looking down a lot of the time except when my Dad made me look at stuff so, yes, I was scared. Aged 7, I guess. I remember what I now know to be the lunatic and the dragon. I'm sure I remember the original contents of the screaming face when it was closer to the end of the ride rather than being directly after Trommel's Tunnel. I remember the face in the fireplace definitely as well, quite vividly.

I'm sure I went on it again before the changeover but that was the first visit that I rode any of the coasters so I can't say I remember much of it because it just wasn't the highlight of the day by a huge stretch.

After that, it's all Duel sadly. I wish I could remember it more vividly.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

[quote=""Twisted the Clown""]Gosh, this takes me back! The sign that says 'Remember that eyes are always watching you' or something along those lines, used to frighten me terribly![/quote]

It's still there in Duel today.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Mr P

When I was a wee lad, I can remember going in the Haunted House, and spending the duration of the ride with my head buried under my Auntie's arm!

Well, the whole duration except the Trommel, 'coz I loved that!

:P
CandyCaneKiss

The only time I ever went on the Haunted House, I was about 13 and I was visiting the park for my friends birthday, just me, her and her mum and dad.
I remember the ride stopping right under the big spider and we didn't move for about 20 minutes, that freaked me out something chronic and I never had the guts to ride again, until Duel... such a shame, I was a massive chicken when I was younger and I screwed up my eyes for majority of the ride anyway :lol:
Samwise

I remember the huge Blob like thing situated about 3/4's of the way through, that was always an unpleasant sight for my eyes!
Wise