April 1st TTF meetup - rita launch

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Adam

:lol: great vid people! :D :D

looks a really fun day, wish i could have gone!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Rekki

i was there, sorta, i ran into you all after ride close, on my way to spinball
Locker

I've just spent about 4 hours downloading this video with my 56k modem... and it was worth it! Thankfully I wasn't filmed during my short stay with the group which allowed the camera to keep on filming for the rest of the day :P

Oh, and a note to Wayne, he’s a nerd and he knows it :P - Intamin crates :roll:

Regards,
Mark
Rory

lol, the footage of me is terrible, i speek and act nothing at all like that as im sure the group can vouch lol. Im scared ans shy of cameras :(
Sazzle

Aha aren't I a naughty lady :| Lol.

But Rory - "You're Welsh you see!" And I guess being deafened by me on Rita didn't really help your plight ;).

Classic day out, and I can't wait for the next one!
Anonymous

So no second part to your trip report that we were promised miss M?
Dean

Can anyone contact Mr Kitty and ask him where the two vids he has recently took?

As I can't find them anywhere...?
Anonymous

[quote=""dean8001""]Can anyone contact Mr Kitty and ask him where the two vids he has recently took?

As I can't find them anywhere...?[/quote]

His computer's broken at the minute, hence why we've heard nowt from him.
Sazzle

Thought the forum was quiet ;)
air_head

Yay! I'm back on after I managed to deactivate my acount!
Just thought I'd say thanks for making me feel so welcome :lol: Had a great day, although I can't come any other meets as I have to go into college on Saturdays :(
Just downloading the vid now. I bet I look a right pillock in it...
gnomey

Ok...sorry it has taken so long to write but i've only got on the computer today for a decent amount of time! so here goes...

I woke up just before 6 so i could tell martin to get out of bed so he could catch his bus. Anyway i got a lift to my local train station where i got the train to Leeds here i would meet martin at 7:30ish. we then got on the train to manchester (here i handed over martins late crimbo pressie of an apple) and soon we were on the pretty Virgin train to stoke (where i opened the toilet door and got mad becasue the door to the next carriage wouldn't open)

We then arrived at stoke where we got the bus to the Towers (£24 with an NUS card isnt bad at all for return bus travel and admission)

Once arrived at the towers we were debating whether to do RITA first or something else so we got on the skyride and decided to get off at Forbidden Valley. Here we did air (front row) and Nemesis single rider which was quick because we were the only ones single riding.

We then headed over to Ug land to meet the TTF lot and then we headed back to where we started from and did forbidden valley again.

After FV we headed towards duel where i kicked martins butt (like i said i would) but compared to everyone else my score was rubbish!!

By this time it was past 12 and with not having any food but fruit pastels we all went to get some food at KFC and Pizza Hut in Katanga Canyon. After lunch we headed to Merrie England and the younger people of the group (me, rayman, rory, dave, martin, and rays mate) split from the gang and did the mine train and the rapids.

On the mine train we were all mainly in hysterics because of rorys sign!!

We then headed over to spinball whizzer which we did single rider...
it was my first go on it and well....i dont think much of it.

After spinball we went over to oblvion, where ray was nearly sick and i made a fool of myself in the queue many times, we also saw them add an extra car to the track was quite interesting watching it.

Next we headed over to rita and saw the rest of the group leaving her and with two RITA virgins inm the group (me and martin) we decided to queue for it. THe queue didnt seem as long as it was supposed to and here we managed to talk to each other a bit more...and i'd just like to say Kitty is a great guy! he's wicked!!

Soon we were on the station and waiting to board the ride and i was just sooo excited! Waiting all this time and watching it etc. i was excited to seeing what she realy is like!

Once we got off the ride i was on such a high. I can not express with worxds what it feels like... it's mind blowing, amazing, brilliant! etc. etc.

I bought my on ride photo of me and kitty and it's a wicked picture!

After RITA we all went on oblvion and then we ran to spinball whizzer where i sat next to Kaycee. i enjoyed spinball this time round probably because i was with people i knew!

We then had a few group pictures taken and then it was time for the long journey home to keighley!

Well that was my first meet up and it was really good and has to be one of my best times at the towers! I hope to come to more meet ups in the future and hope they will be as good...and as for martin my train buddy! Thankyou for everything i dont know what i'd have done without you!
Anonymous

My vids to follow before tomorrow afternooon now im back witha working computer.

good quotes from it:

Me to kaycee - "No fish paste on you is there love!"
Me to stoky - "I have to agree with whats on your head!"
Me about crofty - "there goes a welshman, last seen headding west. We know him as crofty but we know him as adam!"
Satch

You guys get all the fun. Im getting a serious case of Alton Towers Sickness right now, and here are all you lot going all the time...

Great video though guys. I hope these continue in 3 months time and youll have some great footage of me to include by then :D

Ade - Rita may be a woman, but you could at least feint some enthusiasm about riding her!
Anonymous

[quote=""dean8001""]Can anyone contact Mr Kitty and ask him where the two vids he has recently took?

As I can't find them anywhere...?[/quote]

Not been asked for them by Ade yet deano. All compleated, all waiting for them to be downloaded, no sign yet.
Crofty

I've uploaded a reduced quality version of April 1st meetup just to wet peoples appetite for the upcoming meetup this weekend

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=april1stttfsmall

(Had to reduce the Quality to 10mb)

*Contains a mild swear word*

:D :D
stokywolf

Lol me looking like a right T*T, she said she would ruip off your head and **** down your neck. Now thats not very nice is it? The ending! the sound went blank blank!
God i mso excited for t'weekend.
Welldone again croftmiester, and well done for making the dvd aswell :D
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

That was such a brill day :D

I look so ugly on that last bit :( I look like a dog's dinner and no i aint fishing for compliments because I'm aware none could possibly be given out!! It's the AT air!!!

:twisted: :P
Crofty

Sorry about the end, that was cut off with the 10mb limit :(

(Just noticed the good quality vid is in download form on the last page :D )

:D :D