April 1st TTF meetup - rita launch

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Dobbo

April 1st – official opening day or Rita: Queen Of Speed 2005

I had been looking forward to today for many days now, despite already having ridden Rita 8 times before; I was more looking forward to meeting with the other members of the board and to gauge their opinions on the new attraction. What a day it turned out to be, plenty of fun and laughter, which will stay in my memory for sometime to come.

I awoke early and drove to Sarah’s home town to pick her up, I have offered to be Sarah’s taxi whenever she needs me as its not nice not being able to drive – I remember the days of hitching lifts of my parents, so I feel it is my duty to give something back to the world! Anyway, Sarah’s company in the car is always a pleasure to have so I guess I should be the one thanking her!

We arrived at the park entrance just in time to grab our early park entry before paying guests were allowed in. Without question we naturally headed straight to Rita: Queen Of Speed, despite us both riding it the previous day when we had this random afternoon trip to the park which was organised out of the blue! We had a fast pace walk and little jog up to Ug Land, making sure that paying guests who were about to be let in were not going to overtake us- this walk gently moved into a fast jog, which meant that by the time we arrived in Ug Land to meet Crofty and Rory we were both gasping for air (and no – not the ride!).

We queued for Rita and I suggested that we do the front seats; I have already rode in the front a few times before and I have found them to give an even better ride than the already great experience offered by other seats, so thought I would show the group Rita at her best.

We all came off with smiling faces and went to check our ride photography! Before long we were joined by more members, so many in fact that I can’t remember everyone’s names and the order they joined! We went to queue for Rita again and as we were in the queue Kitty, who was at the time waiting off the ride, was joined by numerous other TTF members! We had another thrilling ride on Rita and then came off to be met by the new members of the group. Ade and Brian at this point had joined us, they obviously were itching to get a ride on Rita, but we suggested that we leave it till later on due to the large queues which had built up.

At this point the group was approached by James Paulding and Rachael Lockitt from Alton Towers who wished for us to speak to some members of the press including a journalist from the Sunday Express. We had a group photograph for the newspaper and several members had one on one chats with them. Look out for enthusiasts pictures in the paper tomorrow, whether that be a member of TTF or another forum as they were approached after us.

We headed to the Valley for some rides on Air and Nemesis and thanks to a stroke of Luck, me, Sarah and Kaycee all managed to get two rides on Nemesis! Next we headed to Duel for a battle against the Zombies and down to KFC / Pizza Hut for some food. About time too, I hadn’t had any breakfast yet and it was heading on for 1.30pm.
Next stop for me and Crofty was the tavern, whilst the rest of the group had a ride on the Flume. We recognised the staff members behind the tavern bar from fireworks last year and she recognised us! We had a good long chat with the barmaids in the tavern, including one of them who wishes to run a pub with her boyfriend later this year. They let me take some footage behind the Tavern bar, which was a real exclusive for TowersTimes (I believe no other web site has managed to get this kind of footage before!). We were joined by the rest of the group including very lost Sarah (everyone left her when she went to the toilets…… sorry Sarah *hugz*). I left the barmaid a tip of 63pence and we made our way out of the Tavern. At this point Crofty and I had once again lost the rest of the group, we headed towards Spinball but then found out that they were over near splash karts. We rekindled with the group but had somehow lost the younger members, Stoky, Rory, Martin and Gnomey – later in the day we found them again so panic over!

We headed to Cred Street to fill a tub full of pic n’mix where the kind ladies let us really ram the sweets into the container- kind of wish I handed now (don’t think ill be eating for a good three days now!). We sat in Cred Street eating our sweets and then heaed to Ug Land to give Ade and Brian their first ride on the queen of speed. Some weird goings on in that queue line – make up, sweets and dancing took a role in some form or another, but the main thing is that we enjoyed ourselves why queuing and so the queue didn’t seem to take that long even though it probably was!

We rode Rita again before finishing the day with a ride on Oblivion and Spinball whizzer! Brian persuaded me to purchase a big Rita mug in Towers Trading, by describing it full of hot Chocolate – suffice to say, as I type this trip report I am sitting drinking from this huge bowl of a mug! I purchased my DVD off Crofty in the car park, like some dodgy Del boy dealing! The DVd is far from dodgy though, I have watched it numerous times and love every second of it! Raced Crofty out of the car parks (I won of course!) and then drove back to Derby to drop Sarah off. At this point I would like to state that I should listen to Sarah’s directions in the future as she really knows her navigational stuff!

To sum it up in one sentence, I would possibly say that it was one of my most enjoyable meet-ups so far and I feel like I have really made some good friends – this meet-up has just re-enforced my belief that you are some of the nicest, funniest and kindest people I have ever met!

Theres were some people there who i really have grown close to as friends including... sarah, ade, brian, crofty, kaycee, stoky, kitty, Rory and ..... many more who i havent named!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/c ... MG0049.jpg

Role on the next meetup…
TowersTimes founder and owner 2000-2003
Please do not contact me regarding this site as I no longer own it!
Anonymous

Wayne, don't forget I made you dance erotically around the men - although whether you needed all that much encouragment is debatable! :P :lol:

:twisted: :P
Martin1

[quote=""Kaycee""]

Martin etc, who I sadly didn't seem to have real chance to speak to :(

[/quote]

I wanted to speak to you too kayccee but theres always next time :D

Right heres my trip report and it may be long!

Got up at 6, was so tired but i had a bus to catch at 6.55, and a train to catch at 7.40 to manchester and a train from there to stoke, then another bus from there! Bit busy ! But i met nikki at 7.30 ish and went on the trains till about 9.40. Then went on the towers bus from stoke and we were there where the magic starts :D .

I gave Rary a ring when we just got on the cable car, and me and nikki were thinkin whether to run to rita, or go to air, but we went to air and nemmie first, and were there 20 minutes and dun most of FV. Then rang rory again and met up with the ttf gang where rita was and Ug land has such an atmosphere now i really enjoyed it! :D Said our hellos and went to FV again, and did air, rippie (which was on a great setting) and nemesis, and saw big dave working on nemmie.

After FV and we had such a laugh then (which continued all through the day for me and pretty much everyone) we went on duel, and i got a naff score of 20,400 and rayman beat us all again with a high score (not too sure what it was mind! ).

Honestly i havent laughed like that in ages was so fun!

Went to katanga canyon and grabbed some food, and decided to go merrie england, where we saw most people go in to the tavern, so us young ones (me, rayman, rory, dave, nikki, and rays mate) went on the mine train , and the rapids. The mine trains was fun as always especially when rory got his sign out that he made i nearly split me ribs!

Went back through merrie england and went to spinny wizzer, which was alot of fun.

Funniest thing was everyone was staring at rays head, as he had 'Stoke scum' written on his head! Also everyone seemed to comment on ma leeds top or stockys (hehe) shirt.

After spinny, went to oblvion, where ray was nearly sick, and i was pissin meself, but was an ace ride as always.

After that, we went to see what rita queue was like, and we queued for it but unsure how long it would take us. Was amazing seeing her go round the track a number of times and having a great convosation with kitty! Hes a great guy but the stuff he was saying about sammie! :P Was hilarious in that queue line!

Then when we had finished queueing and got on thhe ride (after seeing some great dancing :P ) we sat down on rita, and i was so excited, but nervous as i didnt know what to exspect.

We got shot off and the feeling is amazing, i never felt like that ever, was amazing! Had me hands up like rory (who sat next to me) and got a great picture.

When we all came off, we were all on a high!

Then after we went to oblvion, and spinny whizzer, and had a groupie picture and had to go home.

Honestly they have been the best times i been to the towers for the meetups and that one yesterday was mint. Great people. I had such a laugh was absoloutly amazing!

Rary- as always great guy one of me best mates on ttf such a laugh!!

Ray- Same hes great and funny and he nearly made me split me ribs! ( ya mum :P )

Nikki (gnomy)- Shes great i dunno how she coped with me :P

Shock- didnt really speak to him at all! But he seems a decent guy :D

Kitty- Talked to him in the rita queue lien and he was high as a kite after he had been that! Great guy glad i spoke to him :D

Sarah- Spoke to a little bit but a decent person just like everyone at the meet up!

Kaycee- didnt speak to sadly but i will next meet up :D

Wayne- Great guy didnt speak to much but he made me laugh in all the queues !

Crofty- Great guy also and thanks for the lift :D

Ade- Didnt speak to much but was very funny!

Air head and friend- I wanted to speak to you but was very quiet! But ya seem a nice fella and so does your friend :D

Think thats everyone lol but had a great time ! :D
Anonymous

Well, I had an amazing time and feel really down today, after yesterday's excitement. It was great to meet everybody and I've never had as much fun queueing before.

My throat is raw from shouting and screaming on the rides but it's a great reminder of what a good time I had. Can't wait to see everybody again.

And all I can say right now is, 'Whoo, Riitaa' in my best Mavis voice.
Anonymous

[quote=""Shockadelica""]Well, I had an amazing time and feel really down today, after yesterday's excitement. It was great to meet everybody and I've never had as much fun queueing before.

My throat is raw from shouting and screaming on the rides but it's a great reminder of what a good time I had. Can't wait to see everybody again.

And all I can say right now is, 'Whoo, Riitaa' in my best Mavis voice.[/quote]

May i suggest though shock me young salmon that it was becasue that wayne and crofty were having the "how much can i fint into my mouth without laughing" competition.... oh forgot to say it was with sweets and nothing more, emma wouldnt be impressed if it was anymore than sweets (mind you, i did notice that one of the "cleaning... erm .. Ladies did give crofty the look of, you need a bit of polishing. Maybe "she" knew that it was your birthday and wanted to give you something diffrent :wink: :lol: ).
Sazzle

Okay *flexes fingers*, we all know how long my TRs are ;).

A spontaneous visit to the towers on Thursday afternoon (thanks, Wayne!) meant I'd already experienced Rita. So, Friday morning, I rolled out of bed absolutely shattered, but excited! Half past eight rolls up and I'm sitting in the car with a headache, a bottle of pop and a head full of Rita-esque thoughts.

*Thinks about writing all the details...* Nah, I'll skip to Rita!

After running to UgLand, I was completed out of puff, and was close to collapsing when we met up with Kitty, Crofty and Rory. We arrived just as they opened the queue line for Rita, and were shocked to see the length, the amount of twisting fences, and the amount of enthusiasts in it! I spotted a fair few familiar faces as we passed through the then clean queue line. We were waiting at the then end of the queue to look up at the station and find Dean sitting in the front seat - first car of the official opening day! One for TTF there ;). Our first ride of the day took us around forty minutes queuing, including the fifteen minutes for front-row.

We stepped up onto the front row platform to find Kitty (who I hasten to add was chicken at this point, hehe) had been joined by some TTF members who we were a bit perplexed by...We had no idea who they were! Turns out it was air_head and his girlfriend; who I made very good friends with during the day. Well, after sooo much teasing from Rita whizzing out of the station, I was close to bursting when me and Rory (Raaaary, eh Crofty? ;)) took our spaces at the front. Even though I knew what to expect, i.e. the force, the speed, the sheer shock, I was still unusually nervous!

The announcements came on, the lights changed, and then I think everybody in the area knew Rita had launched... I swear I have never screamed so loud in my entire life! I deafened Wayne on Thursday, now it was time to deafen a fellow team member... I screamed my lungs out - I simply couldn't help it!

Thursday had me a little disappointed by Rita, in that I expected to feel the same as what reports had been describing - shaking, trembling, weak. I had experienced none of those, just sheer shock at the pace, intensity and thrill of the ride. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Sitting in the front seat with the wind in my face and a clear view of where I was going really made the difference - I stepped out of my seat and I couldn't walk properly, I had tears down my face, my hands were trembling, and all I could say was "Oh my god". Kitty jumped on me when I got off, and carried me to the photo booth because I was shaking so much! Absolutely fantastic ride, I'd recommend it to anyone (except those who have a nervous disposition, have back problems, have trouble bracing themselves, are under 1.4m of height etc - read the entrance board, it's long ;)).

I asked Kitty where Ade, Shock and Kaycee were, and he said they'd just got into Towers Street - it was eleven o clock gone by then! I needed some time away to contemplate what I'd just experienced, and so decided to take a walk to meet them - shaky bottle of drink in hand. I waited by the archway into the Hex area, and managed to catch a few words from a conversation by park managers and Rita's project manager... Ahem... Walked back into Ug with the guys, and Ade's immediate reaction was "I want to ride Rita!" Well, unusual comment from him but hey... We decided against it because of the disastrously long queue that had built up and after a few pictures, decided to walk towards FV for a ride on Nemesis. We were quickly collared by the park manager and told, "There are some journalists there who want to speak to enthusiasts" Ah okay, local press, we thought. They managed to get Wayne going about how he's the original founder, how we're all close friends etc, while Ade just stood there and went "Mmm" aha, classic! We posed for two pictures, one of which I felt rather embarrassed by... We shall see which forum gets into the papers ;) Which I later found out was the Daily Express!

------------I have to go now, I know you're all waiting for the second part ;)--------
Locker

Great start ;)... I must say I was gutted I was in the queue for Rita when the express polled up :'(. Oh well, we await the second half...

Regards,
Mark
Anonymous

What a great day!

To start with, Ade was over an hour late :lol:, but we then made the journey to Shrewsbury to pick up Brian (Shockadelica) and after muchos banter and muchos giggling in the car, we finally arrived at Alton Towers about 10:15....got the monorail and got excited! Stupid people on the downward ramp after alighting the monorail preventing us from running :lol: I had to search a Cadbury vending machine for a £5 off voucher Crofty had left for me (thanks for that!), but unfortunately it didn't cut the mustard at the admission booths, due to some error they had on their computers :( Oh well, there was no time for fartarsing about, so we got our tickets and rushed in.

A brisk walk followed towards UgLand, and we were greeted by Sarah near the entrance to Hex. Met up with the rest of the group at UgLand, cue Kitty whirling me around and thus me flashing more than I would have liked in my skirt! Note to self: Never wear a short dress to a theme park...its not a ladylike place!! :lol:

There was some debate over what to do first, some people had already been on Rita, but because we were late, Ade, Brian and I hadn't. While everyone just stood around, Sarah, Wayne and I grabbed a ride on Corkscrew (10 minute queue - if that). Wayne insisted on aiming his camera phone at us on the lift hill...resulting in a few V's being flicked! :D

It was decided when we returned to the group that we would leave Rita till later and hitch a ride on the skyride to FV. However, we were sidetracked by the national press wanting photos of our glorious enthusiast-ness and Crofty had to give interviews! Rachael Lockitt was there also. We posed under the Rita queue line, then Ade and Wayne spoke to a press man who produced a bit of a tumbleweed when he told us all we should get a hobby! :shock: errr..yeah...:lol:

Anyway, we eventually got to FV, and had a ride on Ripsaw...there was a slight delay waiting for it to start, so there was muchos posing for the camera the Wimp, sowwy, the Kitty was holding as he watched us from afar :P At this point, Ray (stokywolf) joined us and entertained us with his larking about. After that, a ride on Air, which experienced a technical delay as we waited by the station and was making a rather unhealthy noise as the cars settled in the prone position :shock: A nice ride on there, unfortunately Kitty ruined it by shouting out TOWERSTIMES a la Coasterforce :o :lol: but we all sang Happy Birthday to Crofty, which was nice :)

After that we headed to Nemesis and while the rest joined the normal queue, which was about 10 minutes long, Sarah, Wayne and I spotted Big Dave off TTF manning the bit where the Fasttrack queue merges. He VERY kindly let us in, so we managed to get a quickie ride on Nemesis! With a stroke of luck, we managed to leg it back round, pleading with Dave to let us in....just in front of Ade etc who still hadn't got on :D Needless to say, we were quite triumphant. :D

After that, with the smell of kebabs in the air, we identified a hunger within the group for FOOD and so headed out of FV in search of some....Wayne re-enacting a part of the TTF DVD I told him about in which he falls over a bin and asks what the hell it was doing there :lol: We got sidetracked by the lovely non-existent queue for Duel....Ade won in my car with a frankly mediocre score I could have matched had my blaster not been broken. :evil: ;)

Went to KFC/Pizza Hut in Katanga Canyon and due to the lack of adequate seating, we all had to perch our food on the wall outside, waving to any nice people on the Congo River Rapids and flicking the Vs at the people who swore :roll: I think Brian was quite shocked at my sudden burst of anger at one of them who put his finger up for no reason - 'f*** off then!' lol, but these chavs really do provoke me sometimes!!

We all finished chomping, then headed towards Rita - six of us getting sidetracked onto The Flume. It was Brian, Ade and myself in our Tub, and we enjoyed a idyllic float around...with innocent, pure conversation as can be expected from those two....yeah...:-? :lol: All a bit disappointed at the lack of any effects in the tunnel, but the last drop was great and we all got unexpectedly drenched by what had looked like a pathetic dribble from the power showers, but was actually not so pathetic! Ade, lying down all over Brian (what else would you expect, i ask you :roll:) got a full, thorough soaking. Haha :lol:
Ade purchased the ride photo - Brian looked like he was coming to the end of day release from a mental institute, Ade looked like a thug, and my skirt had obviosuly ridden up again as the photo shows, prior to me being thrown to the front the Tub as we levelled out! :o

So where does a birthday boy and his followers go when the best people (me, Ade and Brian :lol: :lol:) get distracted with a ride that just happens to be opposite the Tavern? Haha, yup, you guessed it, we found them all in the Tavern. As Craig would say, we 'sampled' one, looked at some pictures from the Birmingham meet-ups and watched some of Kitty's footage - specifically meant to rival Craig's weather reports of last year!

We then headed over to Rita, stopping for about 5 minutes outside the Splash Karts as we waited for Crofty to bring himself to leave the Tavern (he was holding onto a post while lying on the floor, or so Brian's gospel said :lol:)

Queued for Rita, and this was probably the best part of the day...we'd stopped off in Cred Street for some pic n mixes....£2.99 for a large tub of sweets. So it becomes a major challenge to fit as many sweets as possible in there, even filling the lid before carefully putting it on! Crofty's tub was very hardcore, except he had a small tub lol, shame. But Crofty was like a little child in that sweet shop! He loved it! As did Wayne, as did I and as did Air_Head and his girlfriend! :lol:

These sweet tubs were designed to keep us all occupied in the Rita queue and they certainly did! Crofty, Wayne and I had a competition to see how many sweets we could fit in our gobs....each sweet had a point score...large ones winning up to 5 points, and small ones being 1 point! I only managed 8 points before I had to spit them all out in a very ladylike way...but Crofty fit 20! Wayne got 11 I think! :lol: I was vey disgusted to have to eat regurgitated sweets, so I offered a large one to Wayne that was particularly drooly, and after a lot of egging on, he ate it! He said he didn't enjoy it, but he so did. Was it nice, juicy and cold, Wayne? :lol:

There was a lot of gayness from all the queens in the queue lines, as well as some LAYDEES pushing through the queue line and posing for Crofty's camera. Wayne kept us all entertained by dancing erotically around Brian, Ade and Kitty, and one of the Queens! Nerves started to really kick in as we got to the station platform...we dumped our bags and assumed our places in our bays....I was sat next to Ade - a fellow Rita virgin...and in the bay next door was Kitty and Brian...Kitty was white with fear, Brian was visibly apprehensive...and let's just say I was slightly worried that my bladder was already fit to bust and the situation I was in, to my mind, might have trigged a release! LOL :lol: Thankfully, it didn't :P
Clambering into the trains and bringing down the nice, loose-fitting restraints was an experience...it was so weird to have a different restraint system to the standard B&Ms at the park! The train edged forward slightly, then pulled back....the constant revving sounds being played, the lights flashing on and the voice announcing we were ready to go was brought to a fantastic climax as we were launched sh!t-scaringly fast....it got faster, faster, faster, hitting the bend and soaring over the airtime hills....a completely exhilerating ride - noticeably more intense than Nemesis and Oblivion!

Having never been on a launched coaster before, I was absolutely frazzled when I came off and fell into a fence in shock....not only had tears formed in my eyes but they had streamed down my face as well! For a 27 second ride, that's not bad going!

Kitty went wild, he obviously loved it, and everybody was visibly impressed with it...so much so we decided to rejoin the queue and wait again! Queuing with such a funny, witty bunch of people meant the wait never seemed as long as it was, and we spent some time pouring over the Rita photos bought...Brian vowed to get the photoshop on the photo with me as it deemed it suitable to be part of my 'album cover' - 'Kaycee's Love Songs' as I seemed very relaxed with my hair pulled back as if in front of a wind machine (I wasn't relaxed at all, I was in pure shock lol!)!

Another fantastic ride...still scary because although this time I knew what to expect - that expectation was a scary prospect! Nearly weed myself again (hadn't had time to go between ride lol) and came off loving it as much as before.

After that, the group split - myself and some others went to grab a ride on Oblivion, while the others went to Spinball Whizzer. We got our ride (soooo not as intense as Rita - could Rita be the new Oblivion?) and then raced to Spinball Whizzer with seconds to spare (rides closed at 6) and joined the queue right behind the people who hadn't gone on Oblivion! They'd unsuccessfully tried the SRQ, but had given up and joined the normal queue, right before us Oblivion riders! lol, more triumph for some of us :lol:

SW great as usual, and afterwards, goodbyes had to be said...we posed for another group photo on the green (minus Kitty, who had left without saying goodbye :() then had a gander in the shop, hitched the monorail, completed some dodgy dealings with Crofty by his car boot, and said goodbye and fecked off. :D :D

Had a nice meal in The Plough, which was halfway between Uttoxeter and Stafford...and after the immaturity of the day, Brian, Ade and myself indulged in some nice mature conversations (probably due to how we were all knackered), we reflected on the day and lamented over how we'd get home and be down because of the anti-climax and how nice it was to do something AFTER AT, so as not to get home too early and sit around feeling blue.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CROFTY :D :D

It was a brilliant day, UgLand looks fantastic and is so atmospheric now, lots of loud music playing from TRRR and there is a sense of excitement emanating from everywhere. Loved it. Spent the day with some fantastic people....I'm so glad TTFers aren't nerdy! ;) :)

Locker

Brill report, I've seen the pictures of the Pick-n-Pix competition :lol: - not a pretty sight! I have to say I don't find Rita at all scary, it's definitely not as scary as oblivion IMO, oh well, glad you liked it!

Oh and I am offended by the comments about people here not being nerdy :P

Regards,
Mark
Anonymous

for the 3rd time, i managed to join a ttf meet up and not get noticed. although one or two of you felt my presence, nobody actually realised that i was there amongst you. on the odd occasion i noticed a member would suddenly shudder as an odd breeze passed by them, however they didn't work out that the breeze was my presence.
all in all it was a good day and seeing as it was april fool's day, i played a few pranks. firstly, i broke one of the rita cars so that only one would run throughout the day and people would have to queue up for longer, although the joke backfired because the official line was that the car wasn't actually ready :roll: . at one point, i willed everybody to join the rita queue and threw ade into confusion by mentally encouraging him to take pictures of the ugswinger instead which of course is really sad given the two options. he then managed to lose the rest of the group and nearly missed his place with them.

my greatest prank of the day however, was creating the huge orgy that took place in the tavern which was immediately followed by mentally wiping it from everybody's minds. it was incredibly hot and steamy and i never realised that kitty and kaycee could get into so many positions whilst under my influence. in order to wipe the orgy from people's minds i created a moment of confusion for everyone by sending crofty and wayne away from the rest of the group. by the time they were all re-united, everything had been forgotten and even now, nobody remembers what really went on in that tavern, but as the days go by the memories will slowly crawl back.

i blessed some chavs during my day and hopefully my blurred, wasn't-there-when-the-picture-was-taken image may appear on one of the group photos.

holy ride count

rita x 126
air x 43 (the novelty's wearing off)
nemesis x 109
oblivion x 58
corkscrew x 72
rmt x 41
hex (stayed there for a couple of hours because i feel at home there)
spinball x 27
duel x 2 (high score of googleplex)
frog-hopper x 1

it's great when you have the ability to possess the bodies of people about to ride the rides.
Rory

Ok, after my 12th March report, i guess this ought to be shorter, and hopefully sweeter :D

Crofty (who I had a lift with - many thanks) and I met with Sarah and Wayneo (who i now see has got round to gettin a TTF account) and joined the rita queue at 9.25 after waiting for the 2 of them for 5/10 mins. We were lucky enough to see deano get on the front row of te 1st row of the season! - well done and 1 nill for TTF, although Im sure the guy he was sitting by represented a forum probs !!

We waited for 20 minutes before reaching the divide for the single rider which wayne promised was worth it so we waited a further 23-25 minutes for that - but lets say its was worth it for my first ride !!! Although next time i would only give it 10-12 mins extra for front row.

We met up with the rest of the group and eventually ade, brian (shock) and KC turned up. We caught Rachel Lockitt and the Sunday Express media team and had a group pic and they were very interested in interviewing B-day boy crofty.

We then made out way over to FV for AIR, Nemmie (where we met big dave) and Ripsaw where the queues were all under 10 mins. We then headed for Duel where yet again my competitor in more ways than one beat me again - the guys impossible to beat, although his friend phil was was great all day and did get close to his score. Next stop was KK for food and the log flume which I must admit I sat out of, i hate getting soaked when you have got a 3 hour car journey back to Newport !!

The group then split with ade, brian, kitty and shock not having ridden RITA and wanting a ride - so they went over to UG land with airhead and g/f, Wayne, crofty and saz. Myself, martin, dstone, stokey, phil and gnomey did RMT, Rapids, SRQ for SW which was 20 mins (not so good !!) and oblvion and then headed to see what the queue was like for rita, its said 120 mins :-( and what timing we got to UG Land to see the rest of the mob just leaving the rita platform and we all decided to ride her again.

This has got to be one of the funnest queues I have ever been in. Usually I am standing bored, watching the ride over and over again, looking at my watch, but somehow the combination of personalities of the group made everythign ticked and in 45 minutes we were at the platform. The q seem no less than 30 mins and I had such a good convo with KK who was still high on his morning coffee, ade and corfty constantly made the group laugh and brian was also an interesting character from 'The TTF rita q' - im sure people will see the videos and people in the queue line will vouch how entertaining it was even though me and croty did get the usual 'Im welsh you see treatment'.

I sat by Martin on rita, with kitty and gnomey behind and what a ride - its is truely an 'awsesomely, mind blowing ride !! :D '. Kitty was screaming all the way through and you can pick him up on my onride photo below !!

After RITA we said goodbye to KK and headed for Oblivion before running to make the SW queue line by 6.00. by half 6 we were off SW and had a few group picks before heading for the car park and saying out goodbyes !!

1st March meetup was fantastic and I can safely say it equals the 12th March one. Great day, great new ride, great new members that i met !!

Highlights

1. Getting front row on rita for only 40 mins queue for first ride on her. 1st time I have ever been on opening day of ride.
2. Catching relatively small RITA queue at beginning of day.
3. Meeting everyone again and the 4 I hadnt met last time.
4. KC not being ill and us having a good laugh in rita queue
5. The park being quiet - max queue 20 mins for SW apart from rita and that because they were only running one train.
6. The fact that whe rita runs 2 trains the queue will move so quickly ! :D

Ride Count

Rita x2
Nemesis x1
AIR x1
Oblivion x2
Spinny x2
Rapids x1
Duel x1
RMT x1
Ripsaw x1
Corkie x1

Member reaction

Wayneo - Has become a really close online friend since last year when we were introduced online and the two meetups, certainly yesterday re-itterated what a great guy he is. Pushed me to queue longer for rita front row and yes it was worth it wayne. Nice to see you now have a TTF account

Brian (Shock) - Arrived slightly :P late so we didnt get to talk so much. He spent most of day with ade, but was really good talker and laugh in the rita queue. Seemed to be pretty impressed by my TTT shirt !!

Saz - This girl has one loud scream and neally left me deafened after my first experience of RITA, when sitting front row with her !! We talked load this meetup, because she didnt shoot of this meetup and I cant wait till next time !

Stokey - Stoke Scum. Cant believe he let me write on his head and he got some really dirty looks with one girl even asking him 'why' lol. Hes a really gud online friend and this was our second meet.

Dave - Still cant get round whether dave is 100% serious with me !! hes a great guy, but i think he was purposely singing the SW 'Wippee.. what a ride....' to me and martin to annoy us lol !! :D Spent to mcuh money on stalls though lol, lucy he did try babe !

Gnomey - As she said 'the quiet ones are often the most leafal' and once she had overcome the nerves of meeting everyone she was really nice to chat to when we went of it the smaller group.

Crofty - I can assure you, the more time you spend with crofty, the better it gets !! What a guy and out experience of rita was something special as first timers on the ride --> what a launch !! Funny moments also included when we took a 15 min detour trying to find stoke rail station to drop martin and gnomey off !! One day you will become a pro camera man/photographer crofty !!! Thanks for the lift :D :D :D

Ade - We talk on msn and we eventually got to meet !! He didnt sack me, so i guess he didnt hate me !! and I certainly liked him :mrgreen: hes so funny and the rita queue was hilarious

KC - Wippee, she wasnt ill this time and we were able to have good chat and laugh in rita queue. I cant believe some of you insulting her with 'slag' mostly, shes a really nice girl, although her eyes were bigger than her belly when selecting those sweets !!

Martin - My best buddy martin chops ! called me 'rary' all day like stokey, but i guess im used to it by now :) But hes seriously got to get a new football shirt. We are planning next trip and will post details soon for anybody else wanting to meetup near the end of june, after gcses.

Kitty - What a legend !! Made a weak excuse that he wanted to meet Brian, so couldnt go on rita, but brian turned up 20 mins after we got off rita !! He plucked up courage later in day (im sure it was ur influence brian !!) to go on rita and absolutely high by the time we went on second time !!

Airhead - He was absolutely cacking himself about the meeting, but he was one of the louder members which was great, as he was so nervous, ncie guy and so was his friend !

Locker- We have now propally met and had a chat in Nemesis queue although he did shoot off when we went for lunch !! Want to meetup and talk for longer next time.

Deano - Got on 1st ride, front row and then left !! not much more to say

Pictures

Phil, ray and dave

Me vs Crofty !! The welsh camara men !!

Oh deer

Brian front right

The g/f will love that pic martin!

Rita launch and group

Looking good there ade

Part of group on right

Mini group pic 1

Mini group pic 2

Rita entrance and air_head front left

Nice pose there kitty !!

Group Pic 1

Group Pic 2

Group Pic 3
Anonymous

Who is in the good charlotte tshirt???? I saw you get onto oblivion!!! I was in the carts ready to get off and i saw the good charlotte tshirt and thought of my mate who loves them!
Rory

thats gnomey
Dean

[quote=""Rory-TTF""]Deano - Got on 1st ride, front row and then left !! not much more to say.[/quote]

My goal was accomplished... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not much more to say... :P :P :P
stokywolf

Oh man what a day! Was Brilliant! Canna beleive i missed out on the photo for the press :evil: :lol: . Was brilliant meating every one, especially new meetupers, Shock, Gnomey, airhead and his girlfriend.

Shame about me in the oblivion que (1st time) :evil: was terrible. and yes Rory You will never Defeat me at duel for i am the master :!: :!: :!: :P
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

Meet-up vid is fantastic! Well done Crofty!! :D

Anonymous

Here is a pic i forgot i had from last friday

www.towerstimes.co.uk/staff/ade/DSCF0055.jpg
Locker

Oh dear, don't look people, I warn you now :lol: - not that you’ll recognise anyone anyway :P

Regards,
Mark
Bailey

The two Lookers! :P
Anonymous

Here is the video

Enjoy!

www.towerstimes.co.uk/meetup/meetupapril1st.zip

Oh and if you wondering why I'm bouncing everywhere the video was meant to be to road to amarillo music.

CROFTY!