Cadbury Chocolate House and altons sweet shops

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Altonator

Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Lizbeth

The Cadbury House was ace. Me and one of my mates used to get lunch at mcdonalds, then go on toylands tours to let lunch go down, but then go off and buy some chocolate!!
\"It\'s not about winning or losing; it\'s about how drunk you get\"!
Squiggles

I have a picture of the Berty Basset Corner Shop, though its blocked by the Galloper's. There is a proper picture of it somewhere on the web, but I can't remember where right now.
Edwardo..... move me!
Blonde Venus

I don't wish to sound harsh, but why would you want to take pictures of a sweet shop.. the cadbury's shop wasn't even very intersting? lol, I mean that in the nicest way! :D
Anonymous

Lol, it's nostalgia now it's been removed. It was a magical place! It's just an image you associate with Alton Towers, its not on an everyday high street you find shops that look like that and just sell pure chocolate! It was heaven in there!

Now, why have they removed it?? :lol: really.

:twisted: :P
Altonator

Great pic Ant :D thanks.
Squiggles I clicked the link but the pic didn't appear :roll: Not sure why it didn't work :?:
I don't wish to sound harsh, but why would you want to take pictures of a sweet shop.. the cadbury's shop wasn't even very intersting? lol, I mean that in the nicest way!
Since I've had a digital camera when I go to Alton Towers I try and take as many pics as possible of anything not just the rides because in the future I will be able to look back and renember what the park was like and people won't have senarios like the NEMESIS construction one which currently exists ie theres only a handful of pics of NEMESIS being built on the net but theres thousands of Air. So in 11 years time when the topic arises Renember the Cadbury Chocolate House I will have pics to put on the topic but some other people might not and wish they had taken some pics 11 years ago - see what I mean?
ps will the Cadbury Chocolate House have a page in the TowersTimes History Section? - perhaps you could include the orignal Cadburys Chocolate bedroom (hotel) as well?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Williscroft

That sweet shop looks cool, they should re-open it. I mean i like all the modern things that are coming to the park now but things like this are great and were else can you find a bertie basset shop of that size, i think thats why they look so good and add to the magic as its things you dont see in you day to day life and you then link these strange or fun things to Alton Towers :D
Squiggles

[quote=""Altonator""]Great pic Ant :D thanks.
Squiggles I clicked the link but the pic didn't appear :roll: Not sure why it didn't work :?:
[/quote]

gah... stupid new host.... go to my site (link below) and find the page for the Gallopers Carousel.... that has the sweet shop on it. :)
Edwardo..... move me!
Squiggles

As promised a few posts back I have now re-round the proper pircture of the BB Corner Shop in all its glory...

Click for all the liquorice-like goodness.
Edwardo..... move me!