Official 12th March visit

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Anonymous

[quote=""dstone_uk""]i told u yep, but u owe me a pizza!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!![/quote]

Im not forking out pizza's for everyone on this trip ok! I may work for Dominos now on a managment training course but thats no excuse... anyway, whats this about pizza's?
Anonymous

Just been having a think about what happened on xmas day concerning the tusnami and i think there is a way that TTF could help but not untill the first meet up.......

IF people will be intrested, how about combining the first meet up with a sponsored ride to rasie funds for the disaster fund?

If anyone is intrested please let me know asap so that if it seems a popular idea then we can get it into place for march 12th.
notts nat

i am currently communicating with the rents to see if i can go if anyone wants a lift in the bassetlaw area of notts i will possibly be able to help :D
notts nat

i could help my coomunity love tose sort of things
Williscroft

kylies_kitty, sounds good but what do you mean by sponsored ride. Do you mean ride nemesis none stop for some many hours or some thing like that? I would be very willing to do that.Ive already put £1 in a tub for it today when i went to PC WORLD :D
Jay12

I doubt alton towers will let you do that with it being open day with RITA hopefully opening that day the ques will be huge.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Doopy Dan

From what i know from recent convos with others on msn, the main problem will be traveling from Uttoxeter train station. Jay, kaycee, gashead and crofty will be taking this route. if anyone is going to be passing the station please forward me their details if they think they will have room in their cars to pick these reprebates... sorry, fellow ttf members up en route. If people catch me on msn please also let me know there.
I always get off at Uttox, and their are busses going from the station to the park on a regular basis, and the same with the way back, thats what ill be doing
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

[quote=""kylies_kitty""][quote=""dstone_uk""]i told u yep, but u owe me a pizza!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!![/quote]

Im not forking out pizza's for everyone on this trip ok! I may work for Dominos now on a managment training course but thats no excuse... anyway, whats this about pizza's?[/quote]

nooooooooo notu kitty, jay he was einding up lucie on MSN and to make up for it he promised to buy us each a pizza, didn't u jay :twisted:

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Jay12

[quote=""dstone_uk""]

nooooooooo notu kitty, jay he was einding up lucie on MSN and to make up for it he promised to buy us each a pizza, didn't u jay :twisted: [/quote]
Im sorry EACH!. i only said you. Unless i see somet else :D
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

:roll: we have discussed this but i still get my pizza meal deal 8) 8)

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Anonymous

[quote=""williscroft""]kylies_kitty, sounds good but what do you mean by sponsored ride. Do you mean ride nemesis none stop for some many hours or some thing like that? I would be very willing to do that.Ive already put £1 in a tub for it today when i went to PC WORLD :D[/quote]

Unfortunately, Alton Towers has a strict no re-ride policy- a policy in place for the health and safety of guests. Although you may believe you could handle Nemesis non stop for 10 laps- infact i think many of you would come off quite ill, i once rode it four times in a row on a staff evening and the 4th time round wasn't toopleasent.

It is still possible to finda reasonably quiet off peak day to do a challenge like this and keep queueing up for the same ride all day, this way the queue acts as a breather between laps and doesn't make you fall on the ground when you stand up like i did.

Alternatively you could find another challenge to do whilst on park such as an activity on the front lawns or courtyard tavern - not suggesting you see how many pints you can have and still ride nemesis, thats just silly ;) but maybe something like being sponcered to be in fancy dress ? any other ideas?
Anonymous

[quote=""Forums Coach""]Although you may believe you could handle Nemesis non stop for 10 laps- infact i think many of you would come off quite ill, i once rode it four times in a row on a staff evening and the 4th time round wasn't toopleasent.[/quote]

The phrase wimp comes strongly to mind :wink: Naked Nemesis was really really good. Only seems you can re-ride a ride if you do a world record breaking attempt :wink: Oh the memories!

Anyway, the idea i did have was as follows.

For each ride that people do individualy, people get sponsored either 50p or £1 (you all know what your nearest and dearest can afford to sponsor) and as evidence, photographs and/or vid would be taken and posted on the Meet up page, once its officially produced like for the first meet up. And the only queues that were excessive that I remember from the 2004 opening day was for Spinball. I can remeber Dean running round to ride The Flume 3 times, in a row and got on and compleated it within 30 mins of his first turn.

If anyone is still intrested in doign this please let me know asap so an e-mail could be sent off to Liz/Alton to let them know what is happening. Maybe Alton Could match the amount raised if its organised correctly and in association with them?
Jay12

How about a either sponserd longest congo from Towers street to X sector and public may join in aswell but donate. Piggy back races. Who can down 2 pints of what ever before i eat 2 pork pies ? At least this will get the public watchin and laughin.
Martin1

id like to do sumthing like what you said will be fun and will help the victims!
Williscroft

Im up for any thing (well almost) i wonderd why at the Nemesis X event they wouldnt let me just stay on Nemesis as there was no Q. I went on it 10 times in a row and there was no Q so i had about a 1 min break between each one which was how long it took me to run round the Q and sit down :D Im liking the idea of how many times you can get on the ride and each lap you do you get £1. Maybe we could try it out on Rita :D but probably not seeing as it would of just opend.
Jay12

Its alright saying this. But i no its a themepark. But some people arnt that keen on riding fast rides over and over again there for not raising much money. And its not getting the public involved. i reckon a long congo or something will get EVERYONE watching laughing and even joining in. and best of all Donating
Vik

agree doing the conga around the park would b a good idea, getting other members of the public involved.

maybe a quick note to local press/tv maybe to tell them what we're doing???

(anything for 15mins of fame 8) )!!
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Martin1

and some publicity for alton!
Rory

[quote=""nightsin2dreams""]agree doing the conga around the park would b a good idea, getting other members of the public involved.

maybe a quick note to local press/tv maybe to tell them what we're doing???

(anything for 15mins of fame 8) )!![/quote]

you need to let kitty know, cause he (or u) would need to sort this out asap
Jay12

I will contact him. But when is he online ?