What reminds you of theme park magic that isn't a theme park?

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
ColaRoaster

For me it's a lot of classical music.
NemeJaney

Hearing a machine clicking away rhythmically on a construction site or something
rainbowryder

I haven't had a meal from McDonald's since I was a teenager (over 5 years ago). My association of the smell outside of any McDonald's is Chessington WOA, from when they had McDonald's served in Transylvania. 
Sometimes walking around National Trust gardens remind me of not only The Gardens but some other wooded areas of Alton Towers. 
Also, hearing the noise of people in an indoor swimming pool, even at leisure centres, give me a similar vibe to hearing the noise from the riders on rides at a park. 
Interesting conversation topic btw
NemeJaney

You've sparked some more now  :lol

- Any of the reggae songs that used to be played in the waterpark
- The smell of chlorine and sweat (like the corridors of Splash on a hot summer's afternoon). Should be horrible but it isn't when you have good memories associated with it  :lol
- Any old cottage/house in a wooded area, especially with a dark, spikey fence and an abundance of ivy
- Hearing a distant airborne roar
cookiee_munster

As a kid it was always being in a car and going into heavily wooded areas of road. That always reminded me of the ride up to Alton Towers and the build up of excitement. The fact that it's relatively well hidden away within the countryside is such a unique and special thing.
abigsmurf

This song will always remind me of a childhood holiday at Blackpool Pleasure Beach when they had this and other 90s dance tunes playing loudly on their radio station during the evening, going on the rides past sunset, then walking back to the Bed and Breakfast afterwards seeing all the illuminations along the way.
cookiee_munster

abigsmurf wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:25 pm

This song will always remind me of a childhood holiday at Blackpool Pleasure Beach when they had this and other 90s dance tunes playing loudly on their radio station during the evening, going on the rides past sunset, then walking back to the Bed and Breakfast afterwards seeing all the illuminations along the way.
haha! any kind of music like that i call waltzer music! :p :p :p
ROYJESS

Our Garden,

It's still a working progress, but I've spent the last year theming it and with themepark music playing in the back ground, it really does transport you into another world

Early on this year, I refurbished and transformed my 16 year old rotting shed

Chris
Admin
Admin

Looks lovely!
ROYJESS

Thank you Chris
ColaRoaster

Really cool. A little bit of themepark in your own garden.
ColaRoaster

I'm not being sarcastic by the way as some people count sarcasm. I'm just very nice.

I have nothing but respect for brothers and sister who went on scary rides. I respect that kind of guts to do that.
ColaRoaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpOzPaQoSg
One suite of classical music that really has an Alton Towers vibe to me