Parking garages next to main entrance?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
cookiee_munster

Over the last 10+ years the want for a second more established entrance to the park keeps getting tossed around.

I’ve often thought as a way to keep park guests nearer to the front of the park and not having to que up to take the monorail, why not use the disabled guest parking just behind CBeebies land and build a large multi-story parking garage?

Yeah, they’ve never really been the most attractive of structures. But a lot of contemporary ones these days are a lot nicer compared to the big ugly grey boxes from the 80’s/90’s

This may mean the monorail could eventually be retired. Hotel guests could either have access to the forbidden valley side, or maybe a small tram like they have at Disney could do the occasional loop from the front of the park to the hotels?

This also means the existing car parking spaces could be used for new lands for new rides in the park, rather than having to replace old lands/attractions for future development.

Overall it just keeps the main entrance where it should rightfully be. Opposite the parks icon.

Edit - (picture below as an example)

https://blog-cdn.touringplans.com/blog/ ... orious.jpg
Dan

In a nutshell, this will never happen.

For the amount of cars that the Resort gets on a peak day, a sizeable multi-storey would be required. Remember, the Resort can’t build anything that would be seen from outside the boundary of the park, and given the location you’ve mentioned is at the very edge of the park boundary, there’s no way they would be able to do this while keeping to existing planning laws.
cookiee_munster

Dan wrote:In a nutshell, this will never happen.

For the amount of cars that the Resort gets on a peak day, a sizeable multi-storey would be required. Remember, the Resort can’t build anything that would be seen from outside the boundary of the park, and given the location you’ve mentioned is at the very edge of the park boundary, there’s no way they would be able to do this while keeping to existing planning laws.
Bah, I never even thought about the height of it, I suppose they could dig so far down, but even then, to fit that many cars into a space like that, feasibly it would end up having to come above tree level.

Having looked at the park from above, there’s so many areas that could potentially be used for new rides, possibly even new lands? Without actually having to remove existing rides/shows.
abigsmurf

cookiee_munster wrote:Bah, I never even thought about the height of it, I suppose they could dig so far down, but even then, to fit that many cars into a space like that, feasibly it would end up having to come above tree level.

Having looked at the park from above, there’s so many areas that could potentially be used for new rides, possibly even new lands? Without actually having to remove existing rides/shows.
The problem is a lot of that seemingly wasted space is important backstage areas. That said, there is a lot of backstage area around CCL, roughly 3 times the size of it in fact. Could they clear it out, build a taller more efficient warehouse and reclaim half that space for rides? Could they move a lot of it to where the staff car park is behind CBeebies and provide other parking solutions for staff?
Ben-

Count me for someone who doesn't know much about this topic, but why exactly do we need a different entrance? It would be useful to explain to everyone here, but I'm just thinking; isn't the current one fine? It has Towers Street, the Corkscrew, gates, and the Monorail. It's kinda fine the way it is.
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
KaiPhillips

Ben wrote:Count me for someone who doesn't know much about this topic, but why exactly do we need a different entrance? It would be useful to explain to everyone here, but I'm just thinking; isn't the current one fine? It has Towers Street, the Corkscrew, gates, and the Monorail. It's kinda fine the way it is.
Exactly! Towers literally has the best park entrance in the country?
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA