Mack Rides General Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Anonymous

http://english.rides.nl/nieuws/bericht/85

Found a nice looking tour about the mack factory. Its good reading and some good images as well.
Dara

Which ride are the seats for? It's in with the Atlantica Super Splash pictures. The seats on atlantica are just benches - not comfy seats like those.
iriderides101

They are probab;y for knotts siera sidewiander or though im not sure
AstroDan

Yummy!

Not sure of the supposed 'Atlantica' boats are actually for that ride... as there is blue on the edges of them in the factory and Atlantica's boats don't have blue on them... Could be for the new Super Splash at Seaworld, Texas? Another point, the new style Mack seats shown are different to Atlantica's wooden-bench style seating - unless they are altering the seats (as they are for Wild Mouse Matterhorn Blitz).

Great to see such pics of where the EP magic (and many more rides besides...) is made!

Never knew about Schweizer Bob Bahn's bizarre depot!

:D
Dara

Is Atlantica currently the only Super Splash in existance?
Craig

According to RCDB (I'm sure Dan the fanb0i will confirm this later :P) bu there's three currently operating including Europa. Ther others being in TusenFryd in Oslo and Plopsaland in Belgium. There's two under construction for the 2007 seasons at Seaworld in Texas and Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village in Taiwan (what a random name for the a themepark!)
AstroDan

[quote=""Craig""]According to RCDB (I'm sure Dan the fanb0i will confirm this later :P) bu there's three currently operating including Europa. Ther others being in TusenFryd in Oslo and Plopsaland in Belgium. There's two under construction for the 2007 seasons at Seaworld in Texas and Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village in Taiwan (what a random name for the a themepark!)[/quote]

Confirmed!

The new Super Splash at SeaWorld, Texas will be a close copy of Atlantica at Europa-Park which, at present at least, is the only Super Splash to feature a reverse drop.

:)
AstroDan

You can see a couple of new Mack Rides promotional video's

Here Focuses on Abenteuer Atlantis

Here Focuses on Legoland's Splash Battle abroad.

:)
draytonmanorplus

Boy, thats cheesy! We make people smile :D!
What is wrong with the guys voice, his voice doesn't seem to flow. Is it just me :P!
Adz

Danzaw*nk

Lol, I love it, so camp and cheesy.

We make (make) people SMILE!

Awesome slogan, so original lmao

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
AstroDan

It is so camp and cheesy. But that's one of the reasons I love Mack - they're so down to earth about everything!

And I didn't realise they were such an old company :shock:

That song sounds like they same artist as the Silver Star track! :lol:
Redcoat Jase

They are top quality, I agree with that! - They remind of Playmobil for some reason! :P

Nice Logo toooo! :P

That new ride looks abit tacky though.. Ain't it Europa Park?
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Ash

Thats total cheese! I love it :D

Its very american, i love the shot of the guy on the bobsled with his arms really far out!
AstroDan

[quote=""Redcoat Jase""]They are top quality, I agree with that! - They remind of Playmobil for some reason! :P

That new ride looks abit tacky though.. Ain't it Europa Park?[/quote]

:lol: Aye it is. It's not the best i'll agree. It's rather Disney-esque, but to be honest I find it quite bland.

Could you imagine B&M doing a promo like that? :P
Ash

No, it would be more like

"ZIECH HEIL! WIE IST EINEN SMOOTHEN COASTEREN!"

:D And cut.....

I like the mack one though....oh lord im becoming astrodan!
AstroDan

[quote=""Titler""]No, it would be more like

"ZIECH HEIL! WIE IST EINEN SMOOTHEN COASTEREN!"

:D And cut.....

I like the mack one though....oh lord im becoming astrodan![/quote]

No, you aren't. Youa re just recognising a fine ride manufacturer with core values of fun and service - that's what Mack is all about. You can see their ethos with Europa-Park. It's all about creating an enjoyable environment without necessarily scaring you s***less! They do make some of the most enjoyable coasters and rides you could think of, which is why they're so fantastic.

I wish Alton Towers would invest in Mack family coasters rather than the likes of Maurer Sohne. I would Beastie to replaced by a Pegasus style coaster! Imagine that - it would be fantastic.
Ash

Oh i totally agree, i was talking about B&M, I like Mack rides, they are quality family rides and very reliable. Nothing to expensive either, id love to see something take over the beastie site, perhaps themed around a nother game? Snakes and ladders! :-o :D

What an idea! The lift is a ladder, drop is a snake! Why did nobody think of this before! Merlin sign me up!
kingcriplet

[quote=""Titler""]
What an idea! The lift is a ladder, drop is a snake! Why did nobody think of this before! Merlin sign me up![/quote]

That's pretty damn good if I may say so :lol:
Luce

I really enjoyed watching those videos - that tune's quite catchy! Mack certainly make some great rides - my favourite so far is Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster at WBMW in Australia, a fab themed ride and although it's a wild mouse, it has some added extras too :D
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""AstroDan""][quote=""Redcoat Jase""]They are top quality, I agree with that! - They remind of Playmobil for some reason! :P

That new ride looks abit tacky though.. Ain't it Europa Park?[/quote]

:lol: Aye it is. It's not the best i'll agree. It's rather Disney-esque, but to be honest I find it quite bland.

Could you imagine B&M doing a promo like that? :P[/quote]

I think it would be quite boring to be honest! You don't really see amazing detail on ride cars and such on B&Ms productions, Although I think it would be interesting for Coaster Fans to see.

I think I'll stick to watching MACK RIDES! :P

[quote=""Titler""]What an idea! The lift is a ladder, drop is a snake! Why did nobody think of this before! Merlin sign me up![/quote]

Ewwww No! - Tussaud Studio Fibreglass snakes! No Way! - They should make it fit in with Squirrel Nutty, and StoryBooks! :)
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum