Mack Rides General Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Anonymous

The 2009 Mack Rides catalouge is now out and features some amazing photos and detailied information all in English.

Its 42 pages long and is a amazing insight into what Mack make, with some rides that I have never seen before included.

You can view it at [url=http://www.mack-rides.com/leseobjekte.pdf?id=614o" target="_blank]http://www.mack-rides.com/leseobjekte.pdf?id=614o[/url]
and you will need Abode Acrobat or a new version of Firefox or IE to view it

Earlier when I found this Dan had problems viewing it, so I have uploaded the file so you can download it and view offline.

Which is here: [url=http://hosting.cryptart.com/leseobjekte.pdf" target="_blank]http://hosting.cryptart.com/leseobjekte.pdf[/url]
(right click, Save Target As or Save Link as)
Mankey

Nice find Mark... quite an interesting read, some of the new stuff looks pretty damn awsome!

I love Mack! :D
Back from hibernation!
popTART

Thank you for sharing that with us Mark i like reading up on rollercoasters and rides etc.

Love how they got pictures of Mutiny Bay in there.
kingcriplet

Thanks for that - has made me look forward to my EP trip even more now! :D
Dara

it's interesting that mack now seem to be moving into the area of thrill rides , with not only the launch coaster, but also the suspended/ flying coaster. Having a suspended coaster with only lap restraints (as shown on page 20) would be awesome, and i wish that the Vampire at Chessington had installed these trains when they did the Vampire re-fit instead of the current Vekoma trains witht the very bulky shoulder restraints.

The eMotion coaste on page 17 looks pretty good too. Would love to see one of those at a family park like Chessington
AstroDan

It appears that German based Mack rides have been working on a new concept in Dark Ride technology - although it looks vaguely similar to "Les Animaux du Futur" at Futuroscope, France.
Hidden Reality is the latest generation in dark-ride technology. The areal and sensual experience of decoration and effects will be combined with individual challanges. What used to be standing in one place as animatronic can now move around freely and interact with the riders. There are endless possibilties: a glimpse into space, or what about comic characters becoming alive and interact with the riders? Imagine animals who come really close to you ... anythin is now possible!
Ride Brochure

Ride Software Download

I want one at Alton Towers!
Johno

Gotta admit the webcam thing is pretty awesome :D
DiogoJ42

What? So instead of real animatronics, you have a VR helmet? and the point is....?
AstroDan

When I rode "Les Animaux du Futur", whilst that ride is a bit of a prototype and not the very best - the interaction between riders and the scenes was like no other ride I had been on before.
Mi-Nigle

Oh the possibilities with that! That webcam demo is brilliant! like it was all in 3D and everything. Very impressed!
evil cod

This may be me being silly but how do you work the web cam demo?
Johno

You download the program, and install.

Then you print off a coouple of pages from the PDF brochure.

Hold the page in front of the webcam, and you should see a video, butterflies etc.
AstroDan

You need to look through the brochure first in order to know what to do.

:)
ryansstuff

ow i like it will try it tomz
Free flash games website: http://rybofun.com/
Roller Coaster mad: http://www.rollercoastermad.com
mattbailey

Shame it wont work on my Mac :(
DomB

I get it. It's like that Assassins Creed 2 thing on the website.
ft_arena

MACK Rides has published today two new Rides (The Rocking Boat & Power Loop) at the FKF Convention 2020 at Europa-Park. 

Watch here the full introduction
Swarm Chris

Well The Rocking Boat type looks like it could be incredibly versatile and fun!

If someone could go ahead and install one of those please, that'd be great. :)
abigsmurf

That Rocking boat could produce some amazing dark rides, imagine something like Pirates of the Caribbean Shanghai with that ride system. Thorpe Park is in need of another family ride and a replacement for Loggers Leap that doesn't soak people on cold days. Would make me happy if they did a high profile ride with it.

That power loop looks like a natural progression for shuttle watercoasters but that's a very large footprint for a low capacity ride, looks even longer than the powersplash.
Coaster Chall

The Power Loop has Six Flags Magic Mountain's name all over it for 2021 haha.

Rocking Boat would be great for Pirates In Batavia's refurbishment at Europa Park, but could also work as a reimagining for Valhalla or a Loggers replacement at Thorpe. Since Alton Towers don't have The Flume anymore, maybe this could work somewhere in the park too.