Mechanical Engineering in the theme park industry

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Harry347

Hey all, I'm currently a mechanical engineer and have been working as one for around 5 years. For the last few years I've been debating leaving my current job behind and applying for a job as a mechanical engineer at one of the merlin owned parks, I'm from the south but would have to relocate no matter which park I ended up at.

Has anybody here done work as a mechanical engineer in the theme park industry? What was it like? As a theme park enthusiast working on rides all day seems to fun to pass up but is it really all that I think it will be?

Thanks in advance! Would love to hear from all those pursuing careers as mechanical engineers in the theme park industry also! 
Liam.W

Interested to see what people say to this as I am also currently a mechanical engineer and am looking to work in the theme park industry in the future! 
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Wagstaff04

I am interested too as I plan on making a career out of mechanical and structural engineering, with theme parks my no. 1 choice for industry.