SP Southern Screamer 2019 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Dan

Thank you to everyone who attended our Southern Screamer event at Thorpe Park Resort!

We'd love to hear your thoughts about the day, whether there are things you particularly enjoyed or any suggestions that we could consider for future events, do let us know.
Morgan

Should be no surprise to anyone that this event was just as fantastic as the others!
Inferno ERT was really something special with it being a whole hour, even if we did almost kill a pigeon in the process :lol
The general takeovers were fun, with a special mention to the Dodgems and the Kiddie Ride Special!
Bouncezilla, as exhausting as it was, was great fun. Especially the great performance of Bohemian Rhapsody when it broke'd!
Then the Ghost Train backstage. Whilst the experience it offers may not be my cup of tea, the tech involved is fascinating, and having the oppurtunity to see it all was really something special. So happy to have had the oppurtunity!

Thanks to everyone involved in making this event happen, and to those who attended. This was arguably one of the best days I've had at Thorpe! Can't wait to see you all for the next one  8)
Swarm Chris

Absolutely loved this event! The Inferno ERT was crazy and the staff did an absolutely amazing job in not only getting us dispatched so quickly (perhaps the fastest Inferno has ever dispatched :lol), but also in quickly organising us with an on-ride queue for the front row.

Takeovers were as fun as ever, it's certainly been a long time since Old Town was that lively! And I'm glad so many of you found the wonderfulness that is Sombrero's! A quick count and I think the group managed around 15 different rides/attractions throughout the day. :)

The Ghost Train behind the scenes was superb. So much information and such a great experience.

Big thanks to everyone, from those organising to those attending and making it the day it was, and of course to all the staff at Thorpe Park.
Luce

Wow, what a fab event!

ERT on Nemesis Inferno to begin the day was awesome - I managed 16 rides which was fab :)  Also the Q&A was really interesting even if a lot of the Fright Nights stuff is still secret!  The BTS of Ghost Train was an amazing insight into how the ride works and the staff providing the info were really good too.

A big thanks to the team for organising the event and also it was so great to see everyone again which is one of the reasons why these events are so special :)

Roll on the next one!
Jack

Thank you so much to the TTSP Team as well as Thorpe Park for setting up one hell of an event that won't be forgotten any time soon. Nemesis Inferno ERT was absolutely ridiculous fun, and I definitely hope that we managed to get the ride hosts a Star submission each, as they were absolutely fantastic! The talk was interesting as well, but of course this was all overshadowed by the main event; Derren Brown's Ghost Train behind the scenes! 

Now, this exclusive provides one big issue for TTSP, how the bloody hell do you top that? This is probably the best exclusive we've ever had, and I have no idea how it was pulled off. Massive respect was gained for the ride, with the insanely overenginered, complicated tech I've ever seen on a ride, and I can't say how amazing it is to have seen just what makes a Ghost Train Like No Other tick!

See you all in August!
Liam.W

This was an absolutely fantastic event and by far my favourite day at Thorpe I've ever had!!!

The Ninferno ERT was insane and managed 18 rides which was amazing and the talk was fascinating too. However, like everyone else has said... DBGT behind the scenes blows the other exclusives out of the water!!! It was absolutely fantastic and it was so amazing to finally see how the illusion of the hanging carriage is pulled off. To go into the pit where the train hangs was such a memorable experience! 

Thank you to each and every one of you who made it a day (and weekend) to remember!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

alicheesy

Thank you for another amazing event!

It was great to see everyone and speak to lots of people throughout the day and the exclusives were crazy (I nearly died after 18 rides on Nemesis Inferno but it was worth it).

The highlight for me (aside from the amazing BTS) was the takeover of Bouncezilla which was one of the most fun times I've had at a theme park. It was hilarious seeing everyone falling over and rolling around inside a big bouncy monster.

I'm looking forward to the next event now and I can't wait to see everyone again!
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Michelle

Thank you all for attending!! What an event :)

Massive thanks to Mike , Dan and the others at Thorpe for organising the Q&A and BTS, they were both great, I think we were all super pleased with the quality of both , The resort really pulled it out of the bag on this one.

BounceZilla was fantastic fun ( I think, from what I can remember, the lack of oxygen definitely compromised me for a while after) but the queueline shenanigans before hand, chanting, Bohemian Rhapsody - definitely helped pass that time !

Thanks for the cookeh Alice, I have managed to remove most of the crumbs now :lol

ERT was great and the team absolutely smashed the throughput, despite the small downtime so well done!
I thought an hour might seem too long but it didn't!

Bubbles and the bubble train were an absolute highlight.

Thanks again everyone for making it a wonderful day, can't wait to see you all again in August :D
belpertramp

Awesome day, great to see everyone. Thanks to all those unsung heroes behind the scenes who make these events happen.
Zach

Brilliantly organised event, huge thank you to all who made it possible. Enjoyed seeing old faces & new as well as making new friends. 

Bouncezilla, of which I now hold the lap record for at 44 seconds, is really enjoyable addition to Thorpe Park over the summer months (Although you wouldn’t believe it was summer) 

The DBGT BTS was done with professionalism & very organised, the personal touches and friendly staff made it a memorable experience. 

Roll on Summer Festival