Planning: Sweden 2019

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Morgan

Hey all,
For this years big trip I'm looking into spending a few days of May in Sweden, starting at Gröna Lund, nipping into Kolmården and a weekend at Liseberg. I've never done any of these parks so I'm seeking all sorts of advice- tips, queue patterns, food etc.
I will admit I'm a bit hesitant about Liseberg because it falls on the weekend (due to the operating hours of the other parks)- what sort of queues am I looking at? Should I prepare for hour waits?
Any sort of tips will do, thanks in advance :)
-Mo
Tom

I visited Liseberg one weekend in June 2014, and whilst the park was very busy I didn't think the queues were bad to be fair. They have a vast selection of rides that help soak the crowds up well, and also due to the long opening times you can usually easily fit everything in. We did Balder and Helix several times without having to queue for prolonged times.

I'm not sure if they still offer it but back then when you ordered your tickets online you got three fastracks included which I thought was a nice touch.
ponder

I went to Liseberg last September and they only open on weekends at that time of the year. The park was open late and got busier as the day went on. If you get there for opening, you should be able to do the essential rides with relatively short queues, but getting in tons of re-rides might be tough. Really cool park though, and quite unique in that everything branches off just one midway, with great views of the city from up top. There is also the Universeum next door which is worth a couple of hours of your time - it's kind of a mini Eden Project. Gothenburg is a lovely city too :)

Make sure you take plenty of Krona though. Sweden ain't cheap!

Edit: just noticed this post was from January. Guess you've already been and gone! How did you find it?

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps