Vote on Thorpe and Alton. Discussion on the 2 Parks.

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Alton or Thorpe

Poll runs till Fri Nov 18, 2039 6:08 pm

Thorpe Park
8%
Both the same
19%
Alton Towers
72%

Total votes: 36

Hey Everybody,

So we have two great (well one good one great :tongue:)

Alton Towers:The heavywieght. A host of amazingly unique rides and an awsome atmosphere, and you have one of the best parks in europe.

Thorpe Park: It's the lightweight, but it's getting stronger and stronger. With some great rides, this park is without a doubt the best in southern England. (even though there;'s only really 2 :lol: )

So it's Alton vs. Thorpe.... LET'S GET READY TO RRRUUUUUMMMMMBBBBLLLLEEEEE :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: ...

....And it'd be cool to discuss stuff about the parks. The current rides, stuff in the future and things of that nature, vote and disscus people...
TenZero

Well ya see most peeps will be bias but thorpe is my local park and i do love it but alton has that magic that just drags me on! Alton for me!
Williscroft

Well i have never been to thorpe and realy want to as it looks a great park but my vote has to go with Alton Towers because it the only one ive been to. I perfer the look of Alton Towers to thorpe and i think with the strict guidlines that Alton have it has actually made it a better park. To me when i look at thopre it looks like your normal theme park but Alton has that wow factor for me. :D I will get to thorpe one of these days :D
Ian

No dirty fighting in here, I'm watching!

I know what the AT vs TP debate can encourage! :P
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

i have bean to thorp but it is my 3rd best in the country, but AT has to come in at 2nd best in the country :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Adam

i still havent been to TP but i hope i can next year (2005) anyhoo Alton's the one for me!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Williscroft

i have bean to thorp but it is my 3rd best in the country, but AT has to come in at 2nd best in the country
which ones your no1 park then :?:
loop_the_loop

Haven't been to thorpe in a few years but would say that they are both on a par with each other with the fact that they quite similar rides i.e. technology wise......

Maybe lean more towards AT.....just because it seems a bit better that TP....in my opinion
.........Chance favours the prepared mind..........
Anonymous

Prefer Chessington to either of those.
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

[quote=""williscroft""]
i have bean to thorp but it is my 3rd best in the country, but AT has to come in at 2nd best in the country
which ones your no1 park then :?:[/quote]

southport, cheap, clean, hardly ever busy, some good rides

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

doom+sons1988

Alton Towers has better surroundings than Thorpe Park and is far bigger and varied in rides. Thorpe Park really has a surplus of Thrill Rides.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Anonymous

Thats because its a THRILL park.
Xx Rita xX
Location: In front of my computer, though I wish I was on AIR !

I love Thorpe Park but Alton Towers just has a tonne of atmosphere thats addicts you too it, hense the reason I'm on TTF :lol:

Plus Alton Towers has some class rides (not that Thorpe ain't) that keep making me wanna go back :!:

Alton for me
Phil

[quote=""dstone_uk""][quote=""williscroft""]
which ones your no1 park then :?:[/quote]

southport, cheap, clean, hardly ever busy, some good rides[/quote]

Lol, not in the summer holidays...

Has to be AT i'm afriad, but i have no doubt in my mind that TP will soon take the throne of best UK theme park. :)
Xx Rita xX
Location: In front of my computer, though I wish I was on AIR !

I think Alton Towers will reign as King of UK park for years too come, if they get a god damn WOODIE :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

:oops: