What happened to Ripsaw?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
MattW170

In 2016, I was really looking forward to going on Ripsaw as it was one of my favourite rides and I’ve looked all over the internet and I can’t find that much so please post anything you know.
Justin

Unannounced, the ride was removed over the 2015/16 closed season. At the time, it was expected that Blade would go too.

While we can not be sure, the ride appeared to become more and more unreliable, and no doubt, maintaining it must have been expensive for the resort. Rameses Revenge at Chessington seems to be experiencing similar problems now (more than what Ripsaw appeared to have at the time) but it was rumoured that Ripsaw became a donor for other Huss Top Spins in the group.

Various HB Leisure games have been added to the site since, with only the theming structure towards the back of the site remaining, along with the control booth vechile, which has been turned the other way so that the window is hidden.
Dan

Justin wrote:Rameses Revenge at Chessington seems to be experiencing similar problems now (more than what Ripsaw appeared to have at the time) but it was rumoured that Ripsaw became a donor for other Huss Top Spins in the group.
I’m pretty certain that Ripsaw was shipped to Heide Park where it was used as spare parts for their Top Spin, but I don’t recall it going to any of the other Merlin parks.
Tom

They really should have just bought a new Top Spin as they're great rides and relatively inexpensive. However, this is a Merlin park, they don't do flats.
Doublethink

Tom wrote:They really should have just bought a new Top Spin as they're great rides and relatively inexpensive. However, this is a Merlin park, they don't do flats.
Would love a similar ride (perhaps a ripoff) for the park. I miss ripsaw and RR is just too tame on the stupidly short cycle it has now.

RIP ripsaw, you can still cut it in my heart.