TowersTimes' Summer Festival - 4th August 2018 - Discussion

Archive for past events.
Dan

LittleReidy wrote:I’m thinking of coming on my own, does anyone else do this? I don’t really know anyone so I’m a bit nervous. (Also this would be my first time attending an event like this)
I attended my first event in 2014 having never met anyone before. 4 years later I’ve made some friends for life, so you really don’t have anything to worry about :)
Justin

As Dan said, some of us have been in the same boat! You'll soon get speaking to people :)
LittleReidy

Thank you guys! It’s a long drive but I’m looking forward to it ☺️
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Dom

What everyone else has said really. You won't regret it. Best thing I ever did was attend one of these events. Everyone is lovely and so welcoming. After 5 minutes of nerves, you will feel like you're part of the family :)
Jack

Just to repeat what everyone has already said, I can't think of a better group of people to meet up with and I'm sure we'll all make you feel welcome :) 
DeadJack5

Swarm Chris wrote:
People are very friendly, and you'll find most age groups covered. You'll no doubt make friends, especially during the craziness of the ERTs, or when we clog up queue systems, or inadvertently break rides!
I will repeat this again, Quantum was not my fault! :lol

But yes you'll meet a lot of new people, everyone is extremely friendly and honestly this is probably one of the best events to start with. The ERTs, social and whole day will give you chance to meet others and honestly enjoy the day with like minded community! I attended my first event last year and I've never looked back, you'll enjoy it!
belpertramp

Hey LittleReidy.

I too was a first time attendee for the Thorpe event back in June, so understand your trepidation on coming along.

They really are a fantastic group of people, and as you have a shared interest, it gives you common ground to start with.

To really fit in straight away, bring something that creates bubbles, or sweets as they devour them with almost as much pleasure as going on the rides!

I feel your pain on the drive, I did thorpe in a day from near Derby.

See you soon!
Morgan

How are standard passholders going to gain entry to the park? The option to buy tickets for the restriction dates have been removed from the website and they're saying on Facebook that there's no booking option for this date.
Dan

Morgan wrote:How are standard passholders going to gain entry to the park? The option to buy tickets for the restriction dates have been removed from the website and they're saying on Facebook that there's no booking option for this date.
I asked the question on the MAP Facebook page and the response was as follows:
Thank you for your message. These tickets will be released within the next few weeks.

We would advise you to keep checking our Official Social Media platforms and websites for up to date information.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Morgan wrote:How are standard passholders going to gain entry to the park? The option to buy tickets for the restriction dates have been removed from the website and they're saying on Facebook that there's no booking option for this date.
Just to reassure you, we've got an agreement with Alton Towers that purchasing the £10 'season pass' upgrade would be sufficient as a backup. However we expect the official MAP option will be added back in shortly.
Morgan

Ahhh cheers :) I'll book one of those at some point
alicheesy

The Hawaiian shirt wearing is actually a thing now, so everyone wear the snazziest shirt you can find to be part of the Hawaiian crew
Robster

Hawaiian shirts have arrived ;-)
Credit to NemesisRider
streetmagix

Hawaiian shirts? Hawaiian shirts!

Add another voice to the crowd: I went solo to the Thorpe one a few weeks ago and probably had the best day at a theme park I've had in a very VERY long time. 

I imagine most people are diving to Alton, I'll be staying in a hotel near the bus station (Hanley). Does anyone want to split a taxi? Also who's going on the Sunday as a 'normal' day?
Justin

There are usually people around the day after. It may be worth seeing what others are doing on the day as some of us go for a swim, some go to golf and some have a lie in after a very late night. There will be people on park too!
Robster

Me and Taige are on park on the Friday but going swimming in the afternoon
Credit to NemesisRider
DeadJack5

My Hawaiian shirt has arrived, only a few weeks away and i can't wait! Should be great to see you all again!
Michelle

In the absence of a Hawaiian shirt, I have acquired a tropical looking top which will have to suffice :lol getting excited now! :)
NeoXIII

Until when are tickets available? Tempted to come along again (I even have a tacky Hawaiian shirt to go along), but pay day isn't happening until a week before the event for me. :)
ThemeParkEwan

i've booked, really looking forward to this event since i've never been at a park with enthusiasts before!