SP Southern Screamer 2018 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Dan

Thank you to everyone who attended our 2018 Southern Screamer event at Thorpe Park Resort.

We'd love to hear your thoughts about the day, whether there are things you particularly enjoyed or any suggestions that we could consider for future events, do let us know.
Jack

I think I speak for everyone when I say the Swarm ERT is the best one yet, just absolutely fantastic and the mad sprints around each side were hilarious (to watch ;) ). Behind the Scenes of Living Nightmare was very interesting and surprisingly good fun, I could absolutely tell the staff giving the tour were very passionate about the maze and every little characteristic was known (other than the mystery of the evacuation causing tree :lol )

I think this is up there with the best events so far just because of how funny it was, thanks everyone who came :D
Swarm Chris

Many thanks to all who were involved in organising this event, it was great fun! I've only been on the forum for a couple of months and you all (everyone who attended is included here) made me feel instantly welcome - you're all a great bunch of people and have built an event centered on having a good time. :)

Who knows if they'll ever fix Quantum, but at least we got to experience the overflow queue! :lol

The behind the scenes was far better than I expected. It was fun talking with the people who were designing this year's adjustments. Also realising they have a whole load of Christmas trees in there!

The ERT was insane. Charging across the bridge in the wet at the start - that pathway really isn't designed for two way traffic, or rain! But somehow we all got through. The ride was probably running the fastest I've seen it this year. I certainly haven't felt it shake like it was doing yesterday before!

Absolutely brilliant. Hopefully I've recovered in time for the next!
DeadJack5

Well this has been the best southern event I've been able to attend. Such an amazing vibe and buzz around the group and it just shows the group we have on the forum is great.

The ride takeovers on the day were amazing (I do apologise again for suggesting Quantum and pretty much broke it :lol) it gave me the chance to catch up with friends and meet new ones at the same time! It was great to meet so many new people and I hope the event was what you expected and more!

The Behind The Scenes of Living Nightmare was superb. I was able to ask all the little questions I had wanted to know whether it be the operations, to the future of the attraction. It was amazing to see what happens when the lights are turned on and all the details you wouldn't usually pick up on!

And of course The Swarm ERT. Best ERT yet. It was incredible to do this beautiful ride so many times and have a different view each time and to be able to to others about their personal experiences of the ride. It's a truly great event highlight to have.

As always, a massive thank you to Thorpe Park for being able to have this event and most importantly thank you to TTSP for creating this event. Everyone was so friendly and helpful with anything that needed to be known on the day.

Thanks to everyone who attended, it was nice to see everyone once again for another great days of rides and laughs! Will see you at the Towers event in August!

Ps: Bubbles will return in August (Pre-orders available now)
Michelle

Brilliant event.
Thank you all for coming along it was fantastic to see lots of you return as it always is and wonderful to see so many new people at one event!!

The weather , the crowds (lack of) and all of you hilarious humans made this one of my favourite events we've done, it was just a great day :)

Huge thanks to Thorpe as well, on the day you guys were wonderful, Dan, Becky, James and everyone else involved, including The Swarm ride team staying late to enable our ERT!
The BTS on Living Nightmare was fantastic, it's always amazing when the BTS are given by people truly passionate about what they've created & that love what they do and that totally came across.

Cookies, bubbles etc all added to the day so thank you Alice and Jack for continuing your traditions :lol

See you all in August xx
Justin

I really, really enjoyed this event. It was very chilled and the weather was brilliant. It certainly added to the summer and island vibes. One thing was clear and that was how relaxed, friendly and welcoming everyone was, especially with our new attendees joining us.

On to the actual exclusives, and wow!
I have never done The Walking Dead maze, however, I absolutely loved looking around the maze. The detail is amazing and I loved hearing all about the construction of the maze. I certainly want to come back and experience the maze for the first time at Fright Nights. Behind the Scenes tours really interest me and I am pleased we manage to get access to this!

The Swarm ERT was excellent. I managed 11 rides on it, which I think is an ERT personal record for me at Thorpe. I maxed out Stealth last year and managed to max it out this year too!

A big thank you to everyone who attended. I really enjoy our events and they are certainly highlights of the year! I look forward to seeing you all at Alton in August! :D
alicheesy

Thank you for a brilliant event, it was lovely seeing everyone again and meeting some new people :rechecks

The BTS was very enjoyable as you can see how much effort has gone into the maze with all the little details.

Like Justin, I managed 11 rides on The Swarm which is just mental and it was great being able to get straight back on after every ride.

I'm looking forward to the photos; particularly the ones from Rocky Express which will be funny. So excited for the next event in August and can't wait to see everyone again!
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Morgan

It's hard to say something that hasn't been said already in this topic!
Once again the event was fabulous, it's definitely one of the better ones I've attended.
Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of Living Nightmare, it's always fascinating to see what goes into making these mazes, and being able to take your time without all the fog, loud music and actors blocking your path.
As always the ride takeovers were brilliant, especially when we broke Quantum (RIP). I also had a lot of fun dual wielding bubble guns- I'm still surprised I don't have blisters on my fingers!
The ERT was intense, never before have I been able to re-ride without having to leave my seat! The mad rush to the other side was hilarious, especially trying to get past the tight bit in between.
A huge thanks to Thorpe for a great day, Swarms team for being so efficient and putting up with our antics, and everyone who came along :) See you all at Towers in August!
NemeJaney

Very enjoyable event. Nice to have a nice, chilled, sunny day on park and not too much action and energy involved (that's best saved for scarefest!). 

The highlight for me was seeing so many new faces. Was great to meet you all and hopefully see you in the shoutbox more and at other events too :D

Thank you to all involved in putting it together. It paid off well!
Dan

Better late than never, but I just want to start by thanking everyone for coming!

The event itself was fantastic, and it was really great to see both new and existing members getting to know each other and not splintering off into different groups, which really emphasises the sense of community we have on TTSP.

Swarm ERT was amazing, although I had to take a breather part way through because of my old man back, it didn’t stop me doing 10 rides though :lol

Having not done Living Nightmare before, I was intrigued to see how it would utilise the space previously occupied by Cabin In The Woods, and overall I was really impressed with it. I am hoping to get down to Thorpe for Fright Nights to try it out, as it would be good to see the maze in show mode.

Thanks to Alice for the cookehs and Jack for the bubbles, and I shall see you all at Sizzler in August!