Alton Towers Magic Making Museum

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Justin

I just saw this on Facebook, where Shawn talks about Cedar Point building a model of Steel Vengeance for their park museum.

Now, I could be alone here, but I'd love to see something similar at Alton Towers. I believe it would make such a good addition to the park, especially if located on Towers Street.

I know the Rollercoaster Restaurant uses elements of past rides etc. but how good would it be if we were able to see actual cars / boats from past attractions and more? How cool would it be seeing a bath tub from The Flume or parts from The Smiler, mascots etc.

Now, it doesn't have to be big, as I am sure Alton have enough in their archives to rotate exhibits every year or so. Done right to a high standard, with cabinets and lighting etc. they could be on to a real winner?

If Sub Terra was never to come back, you could even locate it there!

Would others like to see a similar attraction?
Robert.W

This is actually a really cool idea! It would give visitors the chance to appreciate the park of the past in a bit more detail than the Rollercoaster Restaurant does at the moment, as well as giving Towers another attraction for their line up at relatively little expense  when compared to building an actual ride. Not sure what they'd showcase there though... do they have that much from the past in storage or anything? 

Justin

I'm sure they would have some items from attractions which have been dismantled? Obviously, some get sold on or destroyed, but ride entrance signage, videos, music etc. would be good. I'm sure some ducks are around somewhere? :lol
AltonOperator

I believe they do have quite a few items archived. This would be a brilliant idea for the 40th anniversary
Thanks Jack
Gavinr

Didn't they have a model of Air before it was constructed? Would be cool to see that again if they still have it.
Mikw

Great idea, would spend some time there reading all about the history.
Michelle

I'd absolutely love to see something like this in the park, when we visited Efteling last year they had one set up for their 60th anniversary and it was lovely to see all the amazing past props etc, there was also a section based on visitors memories to the parks (and we all know that Alton love the memories theme) as already said, it doesn't have to be a messive space but it would certainly add something extra to the day out.
Tom

It would be a fantastic addition to the resort, and not necessarily something that would only be targeted at enthusiasts. It's not unusual to hear the general public reminiscing about old rides and attractions.

Towers have rather large archives, I'm sure they could quite easily create some sort of museum to display this. Somewhere on Towers Street would seem like an obvious choice, but perhaps the chapel could also be a viable option?
Bert

Maybe they could turn what currently is the CBeebies Hotel display room on TowersStreet into a mini Madame Tussuads style attraction with old ride parts/theming and models of influencal people within making Alton Towers what it is today. I'd think that'll be a nice way to start/end the day at Alton Towers.
[Insert Signature Here]
Justin

I think the CBeebies room is too small, however, if it was this or nothing then I'd be happy with that.

I envisage a space similar to the pics from Pintrest and 'myportfolio', below. Not sure how others imagine it being displayed?

theparklifekid

I went for an interview at the Magic HQ at AT a few months ago and around the corridors they had various posters one the walls showing concept art for Hex and Air, there were also models including one of Splash Landings dotted around. Maybe they could move these into a new building so everyone can see them, because they were very interesting.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Robert.W

Saw online that someone was selling some of the old Swan Boats from Alton Towers. Perhaps they could buy one of them back if they wanted to put on some exibit?