The Flume

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.

Hey,

What are your views on the re-themeing of the Flume. Is it a great theme that has brought back the popularity of the once longest Log Flume in the world, or would Alton have done a better theme or or ripped out the whole ride and replaced it with a brand new water ride used Spinball Whizzers moneys. (therefore not having spinball)

Discuss here please :) ...
Jay12

I think its just the same as before. its only attracting people as its got different boats and new colours. But if it didnt change its still a great ride 10/10 :D
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Williscroft

I love the new theme and you can have a right laf with you mates on it. I love the fact of it having loads of ducks every were and the showers which make shure you get wet :D When i went in towards the end of the seasson with me mate she thought it was great and one of the first things she said was( Lee im in a bath with ya) And she loved the big duck< it scared the **** out of me first few times :D Overall i think they have done a great job to a ride which was looking a bit dead. Well done Alton :D
ShadowTD

Hmmm. While I like the Flume and think it's a great ride, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The log flume has always been a bit 'lost' in Merrie England, but now it really screams at you. It does seem to me that Alton are becoming more careless with their area themeing, with possibly the biggest gaff about to happen with Rita. Also, do we need a sponsor for everything before it gets done? The Flume and Master Blaster (both Imperial Leather), the new monorail repaint (Cadbury's)? I know rides have been sponsored in the past (Air, Skyride) but these were pretty unobtrusive.

But the Flume rules. Any ride with no actual restraints is pretty cool!
Jay12

[quote=""ShadowTD""] It does seem to me that Alton are becoming more careless with their area themeing[/quote]
Sorry.
But i couldnt agree much more :clap: :clap:
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
TenZero

Love the new ride but i got nearly as wet as i did on tidal wave the duck didnt work and the whole theme is cheesey but u got 2 luv it :wink:
Ant

Really I think the ride should have been replaced with somethin like tidal wave or storm force10. But still its differnt to your the old boreing logs you get everywhere else. I like the idea of bath tubs it makes the ride more enjoyable. I like the theaming as well theay did quite a good job but theay could have still added alot more themeing its a bit boreing in places like the forest part.
stokywolf

The themeing is cool i think it suits the area well
And the music is well FUNNNKAAAAAAY!! :lol:
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
doom+sons1988

The Flume is as bad as Rumba Rapids at Thorpe Park.

Like Ant, I think they should have replaced it with a more modern water ride. You have to admit it's extremely boring, you could excuse the orignal Log Flume because it had been there for so long but a revamp should make it more exciting.

I would really call it a re-theme and a very weak one. With AT cost cutting, why don't they just wait a while before changing something on a ride that's been their for so long. The ride hasn't changed, it's all about style not substance with The Flume and it's Imperial Leather plugging their products to you (no pun intended).

Best old school Log Flume ride in the UK is Nightmare Niagara at American Adventure and best modern water ride Valhalla followed closely by Tidal Wave and Dragon Falls.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Phil

With these planning guidelines, i seem to remember (but correct me if i'm wrong, squiggles) that squiggles said that the log flume lies in the forest which is part of the gardens, therefore would be very hard to get planning permission on. Hence why the log flume was re-themed and not replaced with another water ride. :)
spark

Did anyone notice towards the end of the season the ride got very rough?
Rekki

i blame the operators
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

i blame jay, only kiddin

i think the re-theme was good and worth the money as the evul duck in the tunnle is just super 8) 8) 8) but who cares if it got a little rougth, it is a truely great ride and no park is complete without a log flume or the such :P , even s/port have one, and camolot come to think of ti :shock: :shock:

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

[quote="ShadowTD"]Hmmm. While I like the Flume and think it's a great ride, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The log flume has always been a bit 'lost' in Merrie England, but now it really screams at you. It does seem to me that Alton are becoming more careless with their area themeing, with possibly the biggest gaff about to happen with Rita. Also, quote]

Well I think it's a great theme to go with Merrie England, every english (wo)man likes his/her baths :lol:

I love the fact it's over the top, which is the exact point, with funky bath tubs and larger than life ducks.

Also I think the actuall ride is great. A theme park does have to have loads of scary rides. This one makes you laugh, great for a log flume.

Love the ride to bits.
Doopy Dan

i blame the operators
lol, is there a chance we came blame you then Jamie? :D, lol just kidding[/quote]
Phil

[quote=""jamie""]i blame the operators[/quote]

I have to agree there!! :lol: :lol:
Ketchup

I think it looks rather cheesy, giant rubber ducks in "Ye olde England" how likely is that! Also the fact that it isn't subtelly advertised makes it look worse. Why couldn't they theme it around something like the Spannish Armada or a piece of English history rather than tacky old rubberducks! But the ride isn't bad and I suppose it is better than no theme!
Dave

i mentioned this a while ago when the flumes new theme was mentioned.

maybe merrie england is going to slowly become a a land of giants sort of thing, giant rubber ducks, giant taps, giant tea cups.

could work maybe? merrie england has bever struck me as a particulaly amazing theme, only problem is the tavern would be very hard to get permition to retheme

I think it is right at home in Merrie England. And it don't look tacky at all :?:
Ketchup

[quote=""Mad 4 Alton""]I think it is right at home in Merrie England. And it don't look tacky at all :?:[/quote]

How can you say that bright yellow rubber ducks match in with 1600 England, the old Log Flume fitted in better with no theme. They may as well paint Oblivion pink and place a Giant Pyramid next to Nemesis!